Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its called emphasing a point

I also know that you love everyones approach management etc outside of Derby. Until Keith Hill went to Barnsley you knew nothing about him. Barnsley had this injury crisis at the beginning of the season, their players are now back hence the results are changing. after the game against us when we arseholed them for 90 minutes and just could not get it past Steele they were reliant as we were on 16yrs olds from the academy. They acknowledge that they could not expect any other results then they got and pleased for the draws however they have pretty much a full team.

If we had signed Keith Hill over any point of time until recently you would have been saying not again someone else who has proven nothing nothing will change.

You honestly thought I knew nothing about Keith Hill before he went to Barnsley?

I'll tell you again..

I'm a football fan first and a Derby County fan second..

Keith Hill took over Rochdale when they were in the bottom 3 of League 2, and in the same season they finised 9t.. Then they had two successive playoff seasons when at Rochdale, losing both, before winning Automatic promotion in his 3rd season followed by a 9th place finish in League 1.. Now for a club like Rochdale to do that is brilliant, all the time playing a brand of football that was all about vision and technique.. Barnsley have got themselves a brilliant manager, one far better than Clough..

I saw they got another win today, 1-2 away at Leeds and dominating both possession and shots.. You still confident we'll finish ahead of them? No chance..

Keith Hills next job will be in the PL.. We missed our chance with him

Could be a number of reasons, too much training, lack of training, rushing players back, not being given proper treatment. Don't claim to have the answer but bad luck? 1 season yeah I can handle that, 2 maybe, 3? No way Pedro.

And to those that are listing current injuries I'm talking 3 years not the last month or two. Yes some like Steve Davies current injury is one of those things, what about last season, the season before...

I share your frustration but seriously, if there was summat going on at Moor Farm that was causing injuries to players then it would have leaked out.

Players talk, specially about training methods that hurt them.

Mind you, most of the players that have left have never been heard of again... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> have they been silenced? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Perhaps but what about losing the last four and winning 1 in 10 ?

One of the main points of my post was the fact that Barker, Green, Bailey & Brayford are closer to match fitness. No-one is arguing that our current form is **** and we are lucky that we aren't in the relegation zone, I'm just optimistic that we can turn the corner in the coming weeks. Nigel will be happy that we have 2 more games this week, and will be keen to make things right. If we don't win either of them I might start getting worried.

I share your frustration but seriously, if there was summat going on at Moor Farm that was causing injuries to players then it would have leaked out.

Players talk, specially about training methods that hurt them.

Mind you, most of the players that have left have never been heard of again... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> have they been silenced? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Footballers are not the brightest bunch, maybe they didn't realise they were being beaten with sticks and thought it was one of those alternative therapies.

Budget constraints? give over, we've got one of the biggest squads in the league with lots of options, problem is....injuries.

If we didn't have budget constraints we wouldn't need to bring back players quickly. Big squad? Not first team players too many cheap or young.

After a run of 1 win in 10 league games including 4 consecutive defeats, Clough's position would come under scrutiny from any other board amongst the 72 in the Football League.

But this is our board, the same board who maintained that 'he's our guy' despite winning just 4 in 28 league games in the latter half of 2010-11.

I think the board's backing of Clough financially has been fine, when you consider that in terms of time, he has been given more than his results truly deserve. If he had been more successful with the resources at his disposal, the board would have given him a significantly greater net spend. Like it or not, the board have been incredibly loyal to Nigel and his staff.

But I'd hope that despite tying the management team down with contracts until 2015, they will be keeping a close eye on results in the coming weeks as these 1 win in 10 runs aren't exactly rare under Clough and there comes a time when unwavering loyalty has to be replaced by some realism, and if this run does continue, we'll be in a dogfight. While Coventry and Doncaster look doomed, I can't say with any certainty there'll be a third team this year just that little bit worse than us.

If we didn't have budget constraints we wouldn't need to bring back players quickly. Big squad? Not first team players too many cheap or young.

Yes big squad, compared to the rest of clubs in this league. Also why focus on the price tag? You do realise that if you spend big money on a player doesn't guarantee he will be any good.

Commons our best attacking player in years cost us nowt.

Are you saying the others have a higher net spend than Derby? Or are you saying NC is a better manager than them?

Because both would be wildly incorrect

Ian Holloway got Blackpool up with a lower budget. The others haven't. I don't think any of the others can be said to be better than Clough although we're into opinions not facts. I don't know if McDermott or Freedman have a bigger budget but I suspect they do. Ferguson borderline, their Chairman spends. Hill smaller budget I would think given we got Shackell off Barnsley.

Darren Ferguson, Brian McDermott, Ian Holloway, Dougie Freedman, Keith Hill have all spent less than us and have done better jobs so far..

I haven't counted a few like Eddie Howe, Kenny Jacket, Andy Appleton, Sean Dyche, Andy Thorn etc. as we're only 18 games in who knows what the table will look like come May but I wouldn't put it past us to finish lower than these clubs too.. Well except Coventry, surely we'll finish higher than them

Ian Holloway can't believe you have used him as an example. He has kept pretty much an intact squad from the premiership including their keeper who should be in premiership. You think the loan of Shelvey and co are cheap.

McDermott is actually not to far off from spending this Le Fondre £350k, Kaspard Gorks approx £300k, Joseph Mills undisclosed normally in region of 2-300k, Khumalo on loan (so not free as normal loan fee), Leigertwood transfer not listed but recent transfers between 600-900k, Cameron Edwards and Ryan Edwards undisclosed so not far off it not matched or over. On top of this their squad has only really lost Long after losing play off final last season. They have also resigned seasoned proven players including Mcanuff, clemming and Gunnarrson. Think Clough would have been happy in having their squad to start with when he took over from Rodgers as he had started to build the squad before falling out with them and going to Swansea.

Dyche and Watford are struggling too and he has lost no one except danny Graham since their manager left for Cardiff and had a decent enough established squad.

Freedman has signed players as well including Vaughan and Murray both strikers we were interested in yet they sign for a club who was in administration last year I believe shows how little our players are being paid. They also on the same run as us and only have 2 more points then us.

I am tired of going through these names you have mentioned can carry on if required

Also why focus on the price tag? You do realise that if you spend big money on a player doesn't guarantee he will be any good. Commons our best attacking player in years cost us nowt.

It's wages and transfer fees not just transfer fees. I don't think we have a big squad of first team players, I wouldn't count Deeney, Buxton, Bennett, Hughes, Doyle, Ball, etc

You honestly thought I knew nothing about Keith Hill before he went to Barnsley?

I'll tell you again..

I'm a football fan first and a Derby County fan second..

Keith Hill took over Rochdale when they were in the bottom 3 of League 2, and in the same season they finised 9t.. Then they had two successive playoff seasons when at Rochdale, losing both, before winning Automatic promotion in his 3rd season followed by a 9th place finish in League 1.. Now for a club like Rochdale to do that is brilliant, all the time playing a brand of football that was all about vision and technique.. Barnsley have got themselves a brilliant manager, one far better than Clough..

I saw they got another win today, 1-2 away at Leeds and dominating both possession and shots.. You still confident we'll finish ahead of them? No chance..

Keith Hills next job will be in the PL.. We missed our chance with him

Still believe we will finish above them.

It's wages and transfer fees not just transfer fees. I don't think we have a big squad of first team players, I wouldn't count Deeney, Buxton, Bennett, Hughes, Doyle, Ball, etc

Why wouldn't you count Deeney, Buxton and Doyle? These are Cloughs signings that he made to be part of the squad. Deeney and Buxton have even been given new contracts.

You may not rate them but they are part of Cloughs squad.

Also what are the players wages without guessing?

Archived