Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not come to Derby and manage the team for a million a year until things change and change drastically

What a ridiculous comment.. Managers would jump at the chance to manage a practically debt free club in the NPC who regularly get 20k+ attendances and has the freedom to move outwhoever nd bring in their own player and spend at least $2mill net a season..

Nigel Clough isn't special.. Any manager with half a brain cell would get rid of our overperforming high earners and bring in his own on cheaper wages..

We're not poisoned, we're not unlucky, we're not cursed..We're not some kind of special case, many other NPC managers work on tighter restrictions and get better results

We just have average players who are injury prone and a manager who has no idea what he is doing with the club.. Jewell, Davies, Gregory etc.. were all average managers aswell, not one of our previous managers of recent times has gone on to do better than Derbys current position..

The Derby managerial position is a huge pull that many managers better than NC would be interested in.. I'd have loved to get in Keith Hill, a proper manager who favours passing football even on a smaller budget instead of the longball sh*te we have under Clough.

Well yes. Riggott is an exception because he wasn't fit when we signed him but generally I think it's been bad luck. S Davies head injury, Theo hamstring, Tyson got injured last game before the season, Green and Barker, Bailey, Brayford, etc.

Daveo, I think it's a bit harsh to blame Clough for the injuries? Do you think we're injuring our own players rather than bad luck?

Nothing to do with bad luck.. Injury prone players = players injured..

What numbnut would sign Tyson aka war trooper as your number one striker.. Seriously? Pissing away his wages we are

Clough's spend so far.....(its out there if you can be arsed to check)

Ins £5.8m

Outs £4.9m

If we could have got a total of 900k for Bywater, Leacock and Pearson then Clough's net spend would be £0m,

Its possible that the Board had gambled on receiving this sort of amount for these players. In other words, it is quite conceivable that the board had planned a grand total of nothing for Clough to spend.

Every time we lose a game the same old ***** about injuries comes out. How can you legislate for Steve Davies getting his forehead caved in during a match? While not everyone's cup of tea, Davies was a presence and a threat to defences early in the season. If he'd have stayed fit until Tyson was available we would have had choices up front with a bit of pace. Can't remember when we last had that.

When we have played well under Clough it suddenly comes down to Metgod. When we play badly its Clough. Such is football management I suppose.

This season, Clough will be judged on results and League position. A relegation fight or bottom 8 finish will probably see him go. Thats football, forget his new contract, if it goes pear shaped the Board will sacrifice him.

What will they do then? If a new manager comes in under the same financial constraints and the injuries clear up, Bywater, Leacock and Pearson disappear from the wage bill, and he can get a few frees or cheap signings, then he will have a chance.

If not, well, its back to the managerial merry-go-round but with no money to spend.

Clough has made mistakes, but there's no guarantee a new manager won't either.

Unless the Board decide to gamble on promotion by injecting new money into the club we are in for a long haul fight to build a young squad capable of competing.

Clough's halfway there. He needs a bit of luck with injuries and the courage to stick to his guns and get them to keep playing football on the deck, no matter what.

I wish him well but fear that others haven't the patience.

3 years of bad luck?

look at most of our players who are out injured and most have been injured whilst playing a game or continuing to play to ensure we do not go down. For example

Anderson hamstring opening game and Cardiff

Tyson against Villa in freindly

Doyle same game

Barker injured all last season carried on playing to end

Roberts shin injury in one of opening games

Davies fractured skull in game against Southampton I think

Robinson Hamstring Hull

O'Brien shoulder against Portsmoth

Croft ankle against Middlesbrough

Shackell hip injury in Birmingham game I think

Green out at beginning of season after damaging knee at Cardiff last season

That leaves Brayford and Bailey injured in training. So yes bad luck how do factor for injuries in games, if you can work that out sell it to managers throughout football as you would make millions

Unless you know better then I don't see why not?

I know that we haven't had a 3 year period like this in the last 20 years or so, I also haven't seen any other club have 3 years like this. It's not 1 or 2 players either, we're talking double figures.

If you want to call it bad luck fine, but I can't accept that.

I know that we haven't had a 3 year period like this in the last 20 years or so, I also haven't seen any other club have 3 years like this. It's not 1 or 2 players either, we're talking double figures.

If you want to call it bad luck fine, but I can't accept that.

I reckon that if there is a problem with training (as you imply) then players who have left would have spoken out - maybe Bywater would have tweeted on it!

We don't spend that much net per season! Departures need to be considered as well.

Which other NPC managers?

Darren Ferguson, Brian McDermott, Ian Holloway, Dougie Freedman, Keith Hill have all spent less than us and have done better jobs so far..

I haven't counted a few like Eddie Howe, Kenny Jacket, Andy Appleton, Sean Dyche, Andy Thorn etc. as we're only 18 games in who knows what the table will look like come May but I wouldn't put it past us to finish lower than these clubs too.. Well except Coventry, surely we'll finish higher than them

What a ridiculous comment.. Managers would jump at the chance to manage a practically debt free club in the NPC who regularly get 20k+ attendances and has the freedom to move outwhoever nd bring in their own player and spend at least $2mill net a season..

Nigel Clough isn't special.. Any manager with half a brain cell would get rid of our overperforming high earners and bring in his own on cheaper wages..

We're not poisoned, we're not unlucky, we're not cursed..We're not some kind of special case, many other NPC managers work on tighter restrictions and get better results

We just have average players who are injury prone and a manager who has no idea what he is doing with the club.. Jewell, Davies, Gregory etc.. were all average managers aswell, not one of our previous managers of recent times has gone on to do better than Derbys current position..

The Derby managerial position is a huge pull that many managers better than NC would be interested in.. I'd have loved to get in Keith Hill, a proper manager who favours passing football even on a smaller budget instead of the longball sh*te we have under Clough.

Its called emphasing a point

I also know that you love everyones approach management etc outside of Derby. Until Keith Hill went to Barnsley you knew nothing about him. Barnsley had this injury crisis at the beginning of the season, their players are now back hence the results are changing. after the game against us when we arseholed them for 90 minutes and just could not get it past Steele they were reliant as we were on 16yrs olds from the academy. They acknowledge that they could not expect any other results then they got and pleased for the draws however they have pretty much a full team.

If we had signed Keith Hill over any point of time until recently you would have been saying not again someone else who has proven nothing nothing will change.

We played against a side with three former England internationals, and many multi-million pound players. It's hardly the game to throw the toys out. We were good for 40 minutes, we made mistakes and they won. Now that Barker etc have a game under their belt, we definitely need to improve, if we don't win soon I'll be worried, but after today I'm not quite ready to slit my wrists just yet.

Perhaps but what about losing the last four and winning 1 in 10 ?

I reckon that if there is a problem with training (as you imply) then players who have left would have spoken out - maybe Bywater would have tweeted on it!

Could be a number of reasons, too much training, lack of training, rushing players back, not being given proper treatment. Don't claim to have the answer but bad luck? 1 season yeah I can handle that, 2 maybe, 3? No way Pedro.

And to those that are listing current injuries I'm talking 3 years not the last month or two. Yes some like Steve Davies current injury is one of those things, what about last season, the season before...

Archived