Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he had been more successful with the resources at his disposal, the board would have given him a significantly greater net spend.

I think it can be argued that Clough has been very successful with the resources at his disposal. The buys he has made have been mostly good and young and the money spent could be recouped easily if we sold them. On this basis the board should have backed him and haven't.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why wouldn't you count Deeney, Buxton and Doyle? These are Cloughs signings that he made to be part of the squad. Deeney and Buxton have even been given new contracts.

I don't think Deeney, Buxton and Doyle can be used as examples of members of a strong first team squad. I suspect their wages together wouldn't equal a first teamer.

I don't think Deeney, Buxton and Doyle can be used as examples of members of a strong first team squad. I suspect their wages together wouldn't equal a first teamer.

If they have a squad number they are part of the squad regardless of transfer fee, wage, ability or potential.

All I'm trying to say is that they are probably on very low wages compared to first team players. They are reserves, emergency back up, not examples of a strong squad.

You're being selective to prove your point that the board need to invest in more players.

Truth is we have a big squad which is the majority of Cloughs signings that he believes are good enough for Derby County.

I think it can be argued that Clough has been very successful with the resources at his disposal. The buys he has made have been mostly good and young and the money spent could be recouped easily if we sold them. On this basis the board should have backed him and haven't.

In his two full seasons at Pride Park, we have finished 14th and 19th. In 2008-09, we finished 18th and currently we're 15th. On this basis, the board have been completely justified in their stance to not give him extravagant amounts of money. They have been loyal to Nigel and gave him time which many others in his position wouldn't be afforded. Clough has produced very little in return in terms of results, which at the end of the day, is what is most important.

He might well be able to spot and sign a good young player but clearly he can't organise and get the best out of them on a consistent basis. If say for example, we'd finished 10th last year instead of where we did, you may have an argument here, but Clough has barely met expectations never mind surpassed anyone's to warrant 'more backing'.

Jourdan the board have no risk backing Nigel with money as he has shown he can find good young players and make them work in the Championship. This creates value and if they wanted to recoup some money they could sell one of them. They're just not doing it.

Ian Holloway can't believe you have used him as an example. He has kept pretty much an intact squad from the premiership including their keeper who should be in premiership. You think the loan of Shelvey and co are cheap.

McDermott is actually not to far off from spending this Le Fondre £350k, Kaspard Gorks approx £300k, Joseph Mills undisclosed normally in region of 2-300k, Khumalo on loan (so not free as normal loan fee), Leigertwood transfer not listed but recent transfers between 600-900k, Cameron Edwards and Ryan Edwards undisclosed so not far off it not matched or over. On top of this their squad has only really lost Long after losing play off final last season. They have also resigned seasoned proven players including Mcanuff, clemming and Gunnarrson. Think Clough would have been happy in having their squad to start with when he took over from Rodgers as he had started to build the squad before falling out with them and going to Swansea.

Dyche and Watford are struggling too and he has lost no one except danny Graham since their manager left for Cardiff and had a decent enough established squad.

Freedman has signed players as well including Vaughan and Murray both strikers we were interested in yet they sign for a club who was in administration last year I believe shows how little our players are being paid. They also on the same run as us and only have 2 more points then us.

I am tired of going through these names you have mentioned can carry on if required

Erm The same Ian Holloway that got them promoted on nothing.. Are you saying he spent more than Clough? Clough bought his 'best' defender Barker for $1mill..

McDermott has sold Sigursson ($7mill) Matt Mills ($5mill) and Shane Long ($6mill) and not spent a fraction of that.. In what he has spent on Le Fondre, Joseph Mills, Manset, Gorkss, Leigeterwood etc.. have all been cheap and are much better.. He has spent less than Clough and sold better players yet they're miles ahead of us in terms of squad quality.. He also took over when they were around 20th..

Ferguson has a wage bill of $3.5mill a year.. We have 3x that yet they're higher, they have better players? I don't know.. But they score late goals and attempt to win. Clough doesn't.

But you continue to back our poor manager... Under him we'll never finish in the top 10 let alone go up..

Should be ashamed of yourself. How can we ever take you seriously again. Its like admitting your a Liberal Democrat!

Erm I'm sorry if my head isn't firmly up my arse and all I can see is the greatness of Derby County..

The fact I'm a football fan first means I dont wear DCFC specs and I don't give biased opinions about us.. I'm giving a nuetral view about the team I support.. We're **** and Clough is out of his depth.. His longball defensive tactics don't belong in League Football.. Even Burton Albion have outgrown him..

He should go back to Mansfield or wherever he came from

Don't think Clough's spent his money particularly unwisely, in fact I'd almost say he's done well.

What is absolutely unforgiveable is giving up on games, repetitively. What is the f*****g point in travelling to a game if the most we can expect is a 1-0 win.

The way I see it, we count on getting the first goal and defending it for the three points. If we concede, we don't chase for the lead - no, we rest ourselves to have another go at the 1-0 trick next time out.

What on earth was he thinking taking Ward off and bringing on Doyle. Ward is a match winner, and Doyle...well, you might get a pass to a white shirt. If you're lucky.

Unforgiveable. An absolute insult to the fans that travelled to London. They might as well have stayed at home - their support doesn't make a blind bit of difference when you're not even trying.

This isn't non-league stuff. This is unacceptable at any level of football.

I count 38 here (36 if you discount Jones, Cole), 35 have played at least one game for Derby

First team squad I would say 24 players. Given 16 are in a matchday squad I don't think we have a big squad. I accept that you do think we have a big squad.

Erm I'm sorry if my head isn't firmly up my arse and all I can see is the greatness of Derby County..

The fact I'm a football fan first means I dont wear DCFC specs and I don't give biased opinions about us.. I'm giving a nuetral view about the team I support.. We're **** and Clough is out of his depth.. His longball defensive tactics don't belong in League Football.. Even Burton Albion have outgrown him..

He should go back to Mansfield or wherever he came from

He was being ironic Bris!!

Archived