Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

obviously it is the board who are picking the team and instructing the players to srap the passing football they employed at the start of the season and replace it with the hoof it "style" of play we now have to endure.Its the boards fault that we never seem to start with the same 11 players.the baord must be blamed for a total lack of confidence that is running through the squad.They are also guilty of ridiculous substitutions.

This board are no angels by any means and the continuous discounted tickets is winding me right up,but Clough is the man to blame for the current lack of form and rubbish displays.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently when someone rang the club to ask for their season ticket money back ref the "Glick guarantee" he had Mr Glick ring him personally and the conversation went somthing like this, Theo will not be the main man upfront he will play a bit part coming on for the last twenty minutes or so,he is not the main striker, Theo has done well this season when brain engages with feet and feet engage with ball but looking at the bench yesterday if we have a big squad it is not reflected on the bench in terms of if we bring him on he can change the game,we have too many fringe average players, possible 10 some Clough has signed,hopefully Clough thinks the same eventually out them for two or three class signings

Anyway one more day closer until Tom delivers his guarantee to buy a season ticket, let him start seeing his fan data base slowly declining we can always sign up again

We need a bit of class to bring us through, possible a £2 million striker and similar creative midfielder who can pass forward

I dont believe we are spending enough, I think the board are a load of idiots who never deliver what the promise but I also dont believe our manager is doing well enough with the players he has, and thats all down to him. Its been 3 years of pretty much poor football with the odd good run. If his name wasnt Clough he would be under a lot more pressure and so would the board but as he is the son of god many believe the dream will come true and he will turn into a good manager.

Why do you ask?

It doesn't matter in our case tbh.

Just look at the table. We are not moving up.

[url=http://www.radikal.ru]http://s44.radikal.ru/i106/1111/ef/dedf2ad25da6

It was a question to "Dangerous ", he was stating that we are only 5 pts off the bottom 3, sure we are on the way down, win the next two and we could be in the sixth spot again, and you say it does not matter, mmm, it matters to me.

the year we finished fourth with Burley we had the following squad players

Camp, Jackson, Konjic, Huddlestone, Kenna, Bisgaard, Idiakez, Bolder, Tommy Smith, Rasiak, Peschisolido, Tudgay Grant and Ian Taylor, Johnson, Reich, Junior

Also at the end of November we had 29pts with 8 W 5D and 8L.

Those players above the question is why some of them are not still here and wish they were including Camp, Grant, Tudagy, Tommy Smith, Huddelston and players like Rasiak and Idiakez.

The difference between our board then and now they would pay the wages to these types of players.

Could you see our board stumping up the money for these types of players NOT A CHANCE.

The squad then was better than now but although there was constraints financially there was the scope to keep the players together as pretty much this was the squad the year before which finished 15th or 16th which also highlights that it took Burley a season and half with this squad before getting them playing together.

The squad of 2003 included Grant, Huddelston, Kenna, Mawene, Johnson, Tudgay, Reich, Taylor, Bolder, Junior, Peschisolido so although he did not spend a lot in 2003 to 2004 the wages were the key and he was able to bring the players in he needed.

our club didn't have two pennies to rub together at the time, those players were not on big wages, stop being delusional rr.

I'm rather perplexed as to why results under Clough come in tightly bunched clusters then nothing for weeks or months to follow. Its as if we have the quality to win games and with confidence high its a formality but as soon as the going gets tough, Clough seems to lose his head, tactics become a full scale retreat and players are frozen out. I'm sick of it. I'm sure we do have the quality within our ranks but I'm increasingly (game by game) coming to the conclusion he is not getting the best out of his players. To raise Bris's most celebrated topic- last 10-15 minutes of games- what the hell is happening? After 3 years of Clough in control I'm left with more questions than answers.

I think what does matter is trying to address the mess we have made of this season so far after a brilliant start. It doesn't seem long ago we were a win away from So'ton. How we now are in touching distance of Bristol and the rest is pretty embarrassing.

We are the new Coventry.

I might be missing something, and forgive me if I am. Is it possible that the club is trying to get its spending down to a level that will allow it to operate in the new trading environment which is to be implemented next season?

Thanks for reminding us of the master plan, sadly I don't believe it, wish I did mind.

I think what does matter is trying to address the mess we have made of this season so far after a brilliant start. It doesn't seem long ago we were a win away from So'ton. How we now are in touching distance of Bristol and the rest is pretty embarrassing.

We are the new Coventry.

Annoyingly we wouldn't even be that bothered if we'd have found ourselves in 15th after an up-and-down start to the season, with a chance to win our next game to edge near to the playoffs. The concern is how we fly out the traps, look organised with suitable quality and then capitulate. This raises questions, you shouldn't be top 6 for a third of the season then rooted bottom 3 for the remainder, I don't see how it works.

Annoyingly we wouldn't even be that bothered if we'd have found ourselves in 15th after an up-and-down start to the season, with a chance to win our next game to edge near to the playoffs. The concern is how we fly out the traps, look organised with suitable quality and then capitulate. This raises questions, you shouldn't be top 6 for a third of the season then rooted bottom 3 for the remainder, I don't see how it works.

Yeah, you've nailed the jist of it there. It shouldn't work like that, it's not exactly like we fluked our wins and didn't deserve them. We actually Did deserve to be there, on current form we deserve to be rock bottom!

I think most of us accepted that we over achieved a little at the start of the season but no way could I see a run like this coming.

Thanks for reminding us of the master plan, sadly I don't believe it, wish I did mind.

Last season the master plan was to sign all those Prem players not included in the smaller squads.

That went well.

The FFP rules is just another desperate excuse to appease the rapidly dwindling fan base.

questions have to be aimed at both the board and the manager, the board for extending this mans contract when he has never achieved a top half finish and nigel for accepting the contract with an honest heart. I think most can see, clough has had time (3 years) money (3 million net spend this year and 500k on a player that has played about 3 times and far more than Dougie freedman and many more) and he has had support from the fans, far more than any other manager in recent history.It is ok saying clough would be a good manager if given more money, but surely a good manager doesn't need a bucket load of money. At this rate we will have to spend 11 million on a team to get promoted and even then i wouldn't be convinced he would do the job.

I think with 1 win in 10 4 defeats on the bounce and this being a regular occurance under this deeply uninspiring and average man if he loses the next 2 games he should resign or be sacked. I have had enough watching this garbage and last year he should have been sacked as well it is frankly long overdue.

I think with 1 win in 10 4 defeats on the bounce and this being a regular occurance under this deeply uninspiring and average man if he loses the next 2 games he should resign or be sacked. I have had enough watching this garbage and last year he should have been sacked as well it is frankly long overdue.

No money to pay him and his gang up pal, stuck with them now.

Archived