Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After watching the match tonight i personally think it is about time we made a stand

Has Clough got money to spend ?

Is Connor Doyle the best we can do ? (sorry to mention names but it is there for everyone to see)

A 15 year old lad in the starting line up

I know we have lots of injuries, and Clough is looking to the future but we are in danger of being dragged into the bottom six never mind the top six

Gates consistantly between 24-30 thousand deserve or are looking for quicker progress

I understand the Board are excellent custodians of the purse strings but i personally think they have gone a little over the top

If Clough has money to spend then questions need asking of the scouting network, which we have or have not got whatever the case maybe

Tonight we struggled to put two passes together.

I could go on, I have written this season off

I think we need to show this Board of our intentions, we let the inevitable happen this season and continue to struggle and what will be will be ,

The most valuable asset of DCFC is the fans the Data Base more valuable than the squad and the stadium put together

If the fans were to start asking for their data to be removed from the Clubs data base, this would give the club food for thought, the ability to sell Season tickets for next season would slowly diminish

The above idea would not affect this season in anyway, we continue to support the Team and the Players for the remainder of the season, howeve the ball would be firmly in the owners court

A supporter of 42 years and i do not want Clough out but i would like a little more ambition

Feel better now!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just see no progress at all. We work hard, we lack quality throughout the team, we cant seem to defend even though thats where all the money has been spent. We had a good run as we do every season but I cant see us getting out of the rut currently as we are letting to many goals in. We played well for 45 mins but Big Sam said they were bad and it was a mistake they that he had changed the system. I guess people who are postive will hang onto that we had a good first half. Miserable people like myslef will worry we have 1 win in 16 and are letting 2 or 3 goals in a game

Ward has come out before Priskin signed saying that they needed a target man and that Clough wanted one to but his hands are tied with respect of the budget.

Now tonight we have 4 players (Brayford, Barker, Bailey and Green still working towards match fitness on return from injuries) and Priskin playing for the first time in a long time. I slightly disagree as we edged the first half and deserved to take the league and well worked. The goal b4 half took the wind out of the sails. The aforementioned players have at present about 60 mins of football in them which is to be expected and it told in second half.

For me I honestly believe that Clough has been mislead by the board. My justification of this comment was that we had signed Ward, Robinson and Fielding. On top of this it was widely reported that Bryson, Shackell, Maguire, Tyson were signing once respective windows or compensation was sorted out. Yet the board (Glick) although these targets were known to be coming kept saying that a midfield general and a top striker (couple of million) were coming. Eustace was reported to be coming on his way to us. After the first game of the season the deal collapses and he signs new deal with Watford. No bid and I mean no Bid was ever entered on a striker. (baring in mind all of our targets were in the press all except this position).

After the first game of the season (once people could not claim their season ticket money back, no surprise there).

Glick says on one hand that if Clough can find someone to improve the team/squad then he can go over the budget. ((Now Priskin has been available throughout and personally felt he did ok tonight for first game did not tend to lose and hold up the ball. Lets be straight we only got him becuase Robinson was injured)). I think what Glick sees has an improvement and what Clough thinks is an improvement is too different things, purse strings dictate that Hendrick and O'Brien are ideal as cheap. This comment relates to loan signings not perm deals

Glick has also said before we can only look at further signings once identified players leave We all know he means Pearson, Bywater and Leacock as Clough has already highlighted that once these have gone we fall way under the wage budget and funds are fee.

Now with these three players all in the last season I believe we should just let them go on a free forgo a fee and use the free money to get what was promised at beginning of season.

The club has no money and the final reason I say this is Glick in July said we were matter of weeks away from signing the Director of Football. Where has this person gone, there is no money to pay him or to develop the squad so why bother signing one and who would take it in this current format.

Glick and Co fix your pockets so you can actually reach your wallet and open the bloody thing and pay some money into the club.

This season we are not restricted with the financial restriction so we can spend money. If these players are the reason we are over budget on wages feck them off, buy the players keep us under the wage budget and build the team as promised.

I personally feel sorry for Clough has he is the manager he will get the blame and in some respects rightly so but this Board could not lie straight in bed at times if they wanted too.

We played against a side with three former England internationals, and many multi-million pound players. It's hardly the game to throw the toys out. We were good for 40 minutes, we made mistakes and they won. Now that Barker etc have a game under their belt, we definitely need to improve, if we don't win soon I'll be worried, but after today I'm not quite ready to slit my wrists just yet.

lol, didn't work.

This board has just about taken the last bit of trust I had in them away now. They honestly do not have a clue about football clubs and what is needed. There is no drafts picks as in America where you can pick superstars before everyone else can have a go.

Please feck off Glick and Co before you really do destroy the club not through banckruptcy but through not actually releasing funds to build the club and team

Plenty of managers do well with a board who dont really back them, but this is cloughs team, he has bought in every single player. Burley got us playing better football and got better results with less money spent. Today no one expected a win but I see no progress on the playing side. 1 win in 16.

No one will pick the wage bill up for the three players Pearson,Leacock and Bywater, who can blame them the players are being paid in full so stalemate untill their contracts run out or we pay them up, we have done the next best thing with two of them by loaning them out and possible picking up part of their wages.

Imagine monday the phones ringing off the hook at DCFC with people asking for the records to be removed

At recently matches the ball has been passed from midfield to Shackell for him to create somthing, the midfiled need to be more creative and make it happen like the Hendrick through ball a couple of matches ago,Shackell hoofs it up not his fault, without Theo we look nothing (control not counted)

No one will pick the wage bill up for the three players Pearson,Leacock and Bywater, who can blame them the players are being paid in full so stalemate untill their contracts run out or we pay them up, we have done the next best thing with two of them by loaning them out and possible picking up part of their wages.

Imagine monday the phones ringing off the hook at DCFC with people asking for the records to be removed

I would pay them up for the simple fact we can this season the buyout of contracts with the new financial restriction next year will make it more difficult I suspect. Buy them out and invest in players where wages are under the budget. It is dead money at the moment anyway as they are not going to play. So paid now or through out the year what is the difference as they are not going to go whilst being paid by us.

Just bite the bullet and buy the midfielder and the striker.

OK Being Serious I think cloughs backroom team are letting him down, they would never get a job at any other championship club, no way, we desperately need to get a director of football and clough needs to swallow some pride and give the likes of cwyka, maguire, martin and croft a game. I will always stick by clough although his man management is weird. Also get rid of conor doyle. As long as we finish above forest i'l be happy mid table finish is what i want, we are not good enough for promotion yet and won't be for a few years.

I don't give a **** about result but this fecken hoofball every other week is gettin' boring.

Hardly a board's fault tbh.

Who gave him a contract extension then?

I think Clough should be sacked. He has had more money to spend than at most clubs in this league, yet during his tenure we have been one of the worst teams both performance and results wise. And can we please put the "he hasn't had much money to spend" argument to bed please. Look at the what he's spent before playing this tired old record.

In my option I would sack him because of:

• His results
  • Negative tactics including his triers over talent philosophy
  • His playing of Savage all of least year - a frankly embarrassing display of management ineptitude
  • His buying players and then not playing them
  • The way new players come in play well, then seem to get demotivated and play with fear
  • His public slating of players

There's an element of gambling in sacking a manager and getting a new one. But the status quo holds more risk - attendances creeping down, wasted money on signings he doesn't like, and likely relegation.

What happened to when fielding used to throw it out? Now he just boots it the the other teams keeper.

Since Forest game Fielding has been really poor, i dont think he has a clean sheet since then which is a big concern. Give ledgzins a go.

Ward has come out before Priskin signed saying that they needed a target man and that Clough wanted one to but his hands are tied with respect of the budget.

Now tonight we have 4 players (Brayford, Barker, Bailey and Green still working towards match fitness on return from injuries) and Priskin playing for the first time in a long time. I slightly disagree as we edged the first half and deserved to take the league and well worked. The goal b4 half took the wind out of the sails. The aforementioned players have at present about 60 mins of football in them which is to be expected and it told in second half.

For me I honestly believe that Clough has been mislead by the board. My justification of this comment was that we had signed Ward, Robinson and Fielding. On top of this it was widely reported that Bryson, Shackell, Maguire, Tyson were signing once respective windows or compensation was sorted out. Yet the board (Glick) although these targets were known to be coming kept saying that a midfield general and a top striker (couple of million) were coming. Eustace was reported to be coming on his way to us. After the first game of the season the deal collapses and he signs new deal with Watford. No bid and I mean no Bid was ever entered on a striker. (baring in mind all of our targets were in the press all except this position).

After the first game of the season (once people could not claim their season ticket money back, no surprise there).

Glick says on one hand that if Clough can find someone to improve the team/squad then he can go over the budget. ((Now Priskin has been available throughout and personally felt he did ok tonight for first game did not tend to lose and hold up the ball. Lets be straight we only got him becuase Robinson was injured)). I think what Glick sees has an improvement and what Clough thinks is an improvement is too different things, purse strings dictate that Hendrick and O'Brien are ideal as cheap. This comment relates to loan signings not perm deals

Glick has also said before we can only look at further signings once identified players leave We all know he means Pearson, Bywater and Leacock as Clough has already highlighted that once these have gone we fall way under the wage budget and funds are fee.

Now with these three players all in the last season I believe we should just let them go on a free forgo a fee and use the free money to get what was promised at beginning of season.

The club has no money and the final reason I say this is Glick in July said we were matter of weeks away from signing the Director of Football. Where has this person gone, there is no money to pay him or to develop the squad so why bother signing one and who would take it in this current format.

Glick and Co fix your pockets so you can actually reach your wallet and open the bloody thing and pay some money into the club.

This season we are not restricted with the financial restriction so we can spend money. If these players are the reason we are over budget on wages feck them off, buy the players keep us under the wage budget and build the team as promised.

I personally feel sorry for Clough has he is the manager he will get the blame and in some respects rightly so but this Board could not lie straight in bed at times if they wanted too.

Excellent post well said, I entirely agree.

I just hope Clough outlasts the board and we get to see what he can really do with a reasonable budget.

Archived