Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't agree about Bailey, he offers little creatively and is very slow to see a pass. We played the best matches at home with a 442 formation this year. If we play the 451 we need a wide man who offers more than Davies.

What we need is going back to the past someone who can lift the fans like Dean Saunders or Igor who came in and lifted the fans and the performances of all those around him.

The guy who could this and is sure to be available is Billy Sharp of Doncaster, a great goalscorer and fine all round player as well. If we don't do anything this January my impression is a lot of ST holders will turn it in this summer, nobody is going to listen to any promises or hints at promises again I fear. Also we could see plenty of attendances as low as Tuesday and Pride Park looked a really soulless arena just over half-full, also the loan guarantees could be a problem for Mr Glick if 15000 paying ST holders are not retained.

In respect of players like Igor we had Pickering paying the bills and Saunders we had Maxwell paying the wages. Now do you honestly think we would pay the wages of players of their caliber at present. I would love to think so.

In respect to Bailey not going to get into a debate over this as apparently I argue too much. In my opinion I honestly believe we missed him last season and this season. He is starting to remind me of Geraint Williams under Cox where nobody appreciated what he did in the midfield until he was not there. Nothing spectacular but just keeps it ticking along. He too was not prolific played 277 games for us scoring 9 games then played 217 games for Ipswich and only scored 3 goals. He did the job.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In respect of players like Igor we had Pickering paying the bills and Saunders we had Maxwell paying the wages. Now do you honestly think we would pay the wages of players of their caliber at present. I would love to think so.

In respect to Bailey not going to get into a debate over this as apparently I argue too much. In my opinion I honestly believe we missed him last season and this season. He is starting to remind me of Geraint Williams under Cox where nobody appreciated what he did in the midfield until he was not there. Nothing spectacular but just keeps it ticking along. He too was not prolific played 277 games for us scoring 9 games then played 217 games for Ipswich and only scored 3 goals. He did the job.

No I don't but we can live in hope because we are going nowhere at the moment and if I was Mr Glick I would be worrying at why so many ST holders did not turn up Tuesday, surely it is a clear sign patience is wearing thin.

With respect to Bailey as a footballer he is not fit to clean George Williams boots and we certainly did sell George too soon and missed him for years afterwards. To me like Davies he should be classed as a squad player to fill in not a starter, however Bryson's form is a major concern he is really struggling to a worrying degree.

You're absolutely right, we haven't got a leader on or off the pitch, we need someone to do the job that Savage should have done, pick the players up when their form drops, cajole and bully them.

There'll be about 14 players out of contract this summer, most of them haven't played 50 games between them in the last year, and some of them on good money, we should get rid of all that ***** and use the money on one really big signing, someone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and lead all the kids on. We've done it in the past with Igor and Dave MacKay, and it would make a massive difference to this team.

No I don't but we can live in hope because we are going nowhere at the moment and if I was Mr Glick I would be worrying at why so many ST holders did not turn up Tuesday, surely it is a clear sign patience is wearing thin.

With respect to Bailey as a footballer he is not fit to clean George Williams boots and we certainly did sell George too soon and missed him for years afterwards. To me like Davies he should be classed as a squad player to fill in not a starter, however Bryson's form is a major concern he is really struggling to a worrying degree.

I don't think Bryson has enjoyed the role within the 442 he likes the role where he has more freedom. The 442 with Hendricks restricted him. Tuesday saw Bryson putting the work in like at the begginning of the season and making runs. This was I think as at the begining of the season he sat infront of the midfield 4 and behind the striker. Give him a couple of games (hopefully tonight) we will see his form improving again. Hendricks form has dipped over the weeks through inexperience more than anything and with injuries to Bailey and Green the pressure on Bryson has been high and the amount of running he has done in the first couple of months of the season has took a toll a bit. However as I say saw promising signs on Tuesday to suggest his form will too improve with other players returning.

I don't think Bryson has enjoyed the role within the 442 he likes the role where he has more freedom. The 442 with Hendricks restricted him. Tuesday saw Bryson putting the work in like at the begginning of the season and making runs. This was I think as at the begining of the season he sat infront of the midfield 4 and behind the striker. Give him a couple of games (hopefully tonight) we will see his form improving again. Hendricks form has dipped over the weeks through inexperience more than anything and with injuries to Bailey and Green the pressure on Bryson has been high and the amount of running he has done in the first couple of months of the season has took a toll a bit. However as I say saw promising signs on Tuesday to suggest his form will too improve with other players returning.

I thought Bryson was desperately poor Tuesday after a bright start. Hendricks and Bryson were playing well in the 442, with Hendrick outstanding. They both took a dip together but Hendrick was good Tuesday, we need him to keep it going.

Reading some of the posts on this thread.

Question - and it's aimed at Bris and one or two others who are accusing us of playing hoofball dross.

Have you watched the highlights of the Brighton game yet?

Did you see the move? from deep inside our half. crisp passing, brilliant movement and in fact just a cracking team move that was a gnats chuff away from goal of the season.

Youi're lying to yourself if you keep saying you don't see any signs of quality. We play some great stuff in patches, all we've got to do is make those patches last longer.

Hopefully starting tonight.

The move was good that was a "gnats chuff away from a goal" but it was not a goal, you do not stop up and you do not go up from nearly scoring goals, we had one striker on his own at home, we looked very predictable passing the ball across midfield outwide, we need some other avenues to create chances from.

1/2 the squad out injured or out of favour, a little quality needed, eg Eranio, a good left back and two quality forwards

Thought the kids did well when we decided to go brave with two up front, it also put a bit of life into the 12th man (the crowd)

The move was good that was a "gnats chuff away from a goal" but it was not a goal, you do not stop up and you do not go up from nearly scoring goals, we had one striker on his own at home, we looked very predictable passing the ball across midfield outwide, we need some other avenues to create chances from.

1/2 the squad out injured or out of favour, a little quality needed, eg Eranio, a good left back and two quality forwards

Thought the kids did well when we decided to go brave with two up front, it also put a bit of life into the 12th man (the crowd)

I saw us create enough chances to win 3 games RS.

I do think that's one area where NC might be getting it wrong. I think we need two up top all game.

(even if we've only got one out and out striker)

I think we're better suited to playing 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2.

We need some goals.

Lets hope he plays 2 up front from now on, Priskin on his own has been totally ineffective,the last two games we have passed the ball but been "toothless" commentator from sky commented tonight,on come the kids and again we look a better team.

Was Priskin upset tonight when he came off,saw him and Clough talking?

The five Backroom staff in the first half all sat down with arms folded summed up how we played in the first half (Defensive)

Lets hope we can play more through balls from midfield next game rather than wide all the time

Archived