Negativity

Bris Vegas

We were negative.. Once again, we don't go for winners with 10 minutes to go, we try and hold out..

A simple point..

You try and win the game when drawing (10 mins to go), and you end up either winning, drawing (the most occasional) or you're hit on the break (unlikely)

Or you try and draw with 10 minutes to go and you have 0% chance of winning (like we've done for the past 3 years and we're yet to get a last 10 minute winner under Clough in the league - please post if this isn't true) or you'll draw or lose (like we've done 100 times under Clough)

His last 10 minute 'tactics' is the worst I've seen from any given manager.. It's simply shocking and an insult to those that pay to enter to watch the team over and over again 'settle' for a draw.. We're not playing Man Utd every week, mentioned this before, draws are so overrated especially in this league.. Go for the bleddy win for goodness sake!

well done bris - this proves what i think of you.. (and it would seem others)

you're on here again banging on about the tactics in a game which you did not see and then have the gall to have a pop at those who actually went.

hillarious!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well done bris - this proves what i think of you.. (and it would seem others)

you're on here again banging on about the tactics in a game which you did not see and then have the gall to have a pop at those who actually went.

hillarious!

Once again no one has backed up any stats to show anything other than negativity in the last 10 minutes..

Why people are calling me a WUM just for pointing out a fact, which incidentally, is big enough to destroy what could be a promising season.. Is beyond me? I don't understand?

Very constructive 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Almost WUM... Bris lives to be a WUM. I am only able to get on here infrequently but one thing can be guaranteed and that is a BrisVegas message that is guaranteed to get things stirred up. He loves it.

Obviously its frustrating to lose a two goal lead, in the 93rd minute, to a disputed free kick but this constant ignoring of the context within which DCFC is playing is ridiculous (not just from Bris, I should add). I'm not 100% happy about this context; injuries, not getting the signings it would appear Nige wanted in the summer (experienced midfielder for example), not going for loans to cover the RB position, having to play people out of position as a result, having to play kids as a result. However, that is the context and that's how its going to be for a while. So lets judge things based on that and realise that in the circumstances we are doing pretty well. Hopefully, things will get better once the break is out of the way.

Its also about expectation. Some expect us to play like Barcelona - and for Theo to play like Messi - every week and rant, rave and scorn when we don't. This, in my view, is unrealistic and does not take account of the overall situation (and there's no point moaning about that, because you can't change it and all it will do is give you an ulcer... about football!).

Others expect us to be competitive, but probably only good enough for a top half finish. While I would obviously love us to get promotion, I don't think we will... because of the context. Perhaps I would be seen as being negative myself because my expectations are so low and that I should be wanting better for my club. Well I do want better. But i also want long term financial stability and an end to the boom and bust. I want to see some kids coming through instead of shelling out millions on *****, I want to see the moaning loud mouthed t*ssers who sit near me f off and not come back, I want to see some effort from the players and the occasional bit of top quality football from players who want to play for the club... frankly, I think this is starting to happen more often than not - and I'm glad for it.

Therefore, we've got to expect the odd loss, away from home, with 10 or more injuries, with a dodgy free kick, in the 93rd minute... and while painful and frustrating lets not have a ridiculous autopsy of Nigel's tactics and ability etc etc etc. Lets just accept that its a game and sometimes you lose.

I love debating with fellow derby fans about derby county related stuff.. I'm currently very disappointed with NCs negativity.. If you don't agree and can back it up with stats (ie. winners and equalisers with 10 minutes to go) I'll happily admit that I'm wrong..

But the thing is, I'm pointing out a fact.. And yet people think I'm a WUM for doing it.. Why?

This forum is ridiculous, unless you all stand around in a circle, hold hands and agree, your opinion gets thrown out the window without a second thought.. How boring are you people? Seriously?

I love debating with fellow derby fans about derby county related stuff.. I'm currently very disappointed with NCs negativity.. If you don't agree and can back it up with stats (ie. winners and equalisers with 10 minutes to go) I'll happily admit that I'm wrong..

But the thing is, I'm pointing out a fact.. And yet people think I'm a WUM for doing it.. Why?

This forum is ridiculous, unless you all stand around in a circle, hold hands and agree, your opinion gets thrown out the window without a second thought.. How boring are you people? Seriously?

I think the point here is Bris that we weren't negative and in doing so it probably cost us. Yet you're arguing that we were, in a game where several people have come back and said that we were still going forward (or atleast attempting to) rather than sitting back.

Plus, the goals at the end of matches thing, yes last season you could accuse us of defending too deep etc, but can you seriously blame that on every late goal? Don't get me wrong, we've been pretty terrible for letting in late goals in previous seasons, but this season not so, and you can't blame every one that goes in on negativity.

Teams are far more likely to let one in when on the attack than when defending. They're more likely to score themselves of course, but more likely to let one in when numbers are caught upfield.

You're perfectly titled to your opinion, but on this occassion it's entirely incorrect. So just accept it and move on. If we stick ten men behind the ball against Hull and let in a late goal, by all means feel free to blame it on negativity. But don't do it in a game where all threee substitutions were attacking minded players, one of which was a young lad for the last 5 minutes. Hardly the acts of a man seeking to sit and defend.

If that were so, wouldn't he have given Kilbane the last 5 minutes instead? He usually does, Roberts and various other defenders often get the last 5 minutes when he's trying to hold onto a lead/a point. All points to the fact that we weren't negative chap.

Not trying to be a ***** about it, but you're dead wrong this time. However, latin women are indeed very fit. So that's one plus point for your debate atleast.

I could understand this thread as Alex W pointed out if we had gone to a defensive formation the first two goals were defensive errors in what is very much a patch work defense on the right hand side with two defenders either carrying an injury or coming back from 12 months injury. The last goal could also be blamed on not clearing the ball. It was a freekick on the half way line which was punted high into the box. It was cleared but not far enough and we got hit by their captain striking the ball cleanly and going into the net. If it had been under sustained pressure for the last 15-20 minutes as we had gone defensive then fair enough. We had defenders on the bench yet unused. If we were trying to be to negative as Alex said they would have been used.

Bris Vegas not having a pop here but why on earth do you only post negative comments on this forum (or at least 99% negative because no doubt you will find a comment which is positive). You complained when we started the season on the good run, you complained that we were not playing good football when we were in the top 6, you complain when someone does not agree with you. All I ask that you consider that at moment we are in the top 8 and in the last 4-5 games we have had players injured during games and not short term. There are players playing with injuries and give it their all but not once do you say they are trying, at least they are playing with injuries. You comment on only negative aspects. After Wednesdays game against Cardiff where it was like watching them last season to score goals against Peterbrough and nearly getting points it is a godsend. I expected us after Wednesday to end up with a result like Ipswich had at their place. So not to disappointed, but disappointed at losing a 2-0 lead.

I will be happy when Brayford and Barker back with Shackell fully fit and Roberts is getting better with every game. Once we have that back four we will once again be solid. Then Bailey will be back in December which allows us to freshen up the midfield. Ben Davies and Ward are doing well, and lets give Clough credit with Ben Davies brought him quite cheap and already has 10 assists to his name. You don't comment on any of this. It is one point of view and that is one that you stick with which is fair enough as it is a forum.

You comment on that no-one agrees with you yet you do the same

Once again no one has backed up any stats to show anything other than negativity in the last 10 minutes..

Why people are calling me a WUM just for pointing out a fact, which incidentally, is big enough to destroy what could be a promising season.. Is beyond me? I don't understand?

The fact, yoof, is that we gave away the free kick resulting in the goal after going forward. So what you on abaaaaaaaat.

What happened Satdee is what happens in football. Its gut wrenchingly disappointing to lose a 2-0 goal lead to end up losing 3-2 in the feckin 93rd minute.

Once the initial pain has dissipated though the cold facts are we are reasonably placed in the league despite having a threadbare squad. Sure, Clough makes mistakes, but when's the last time we had a manager who didn't?

If, If, Theo had stuck that good chance away to make it 3-0, we would be joint 4th now, imo that would be a slightly false position, so we are where we are!

Get a few of the injured back, plenty to play for, so lets look forward to some cracking christmas games at home to dirty Leeds and the 'orrible ammers, then hopefully a fresh face or two in January.

When this kind of desperate rearguard action fails then it’s usually best to play dead for a while 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

http://www.imageenvision.com/150/30819-clip-art-graphic-of-a-mexican-man-wearing-sandals-taking-an-afternoon-siesta-under-his-sombrero-by-djart

Facts? - people were there. you weren't - but you know better.

you don't understand - then listen more.

People are not disagreeing with you because you are negative.

They are disagreeing with you because you are wrong.

I backed up a fact to you regarding Cloughs first game being a loss. It's a shame you seem to have evaded that thread since my FACT was posted?

[size=1]BOOM[/size]

We're not negative. We just make mistakes. There's a MASSIVE difference.

I think it's because you seem to take delight in highlighting faults and very rarely highlight positives. This means you come across as biased against the manager and team. Also if I may say, you seem to present your opinion as fact. Which of course it isn't. A little more humility would help!

Archived