Negativity

Bris Vegas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Nige was negative at all today, quite the opposite. Making late subs as he did bringing the young lads on hoping

to use their fresh 'teeny' legs to catch them on the break showed a form of intent rather than keeping the more experienced players on the pitch and deep behind the ball.

I just think today, our injury list coupled with a slightly freakish squad selection and generally the young lads not being good neither mature enough were the ultimate reasons why we lost today.

Bris Vegas you are talking nonsense!! Nige did not go negative at all today, if you were there you would know this. the ref gave a shocking free kick which resulted in their winner. People like you criticiseze for the sake of it. Theo should have made it 3, we concede a sloppy goal before half time and then a second after half time. The next 20 mins we were the better team, people need to stop taling the same crap and blaming the same people!

10 minutes to go, go defensive, the inevitable happened for the umpteenth time ..

When will Clough learn?

How many more points does he want to cost us with his negativity?

Not sure what you mean by "umpteenth". Being in the range of 'teens' (umpteennth) that would make it between 13 and 19, and as we've only played 16 games I'm worried that your confusing this season with the 07/08 season. Either that or you should either do some research or word your posts carefully.

As with the "When will Clough learn" comment. Clearly by this, you know better than him, so maybe you should send him a letter explaining how you would go about winning the league?

Bris Vegas you are talking nonsense!! Nige did not go negative at all today, if you were there you would know this. the ref gave a shocking free kick which resulted in their winner. People like you criticiseze for the sake of it. Theo should have made it 3, we concede a sloppy goal before half time and then a second after half time. The next 20 mins we were the better team, people need to stop taling the same crap and blaming the same people!

Not bad fr a first post,been lurking for a bit, wonder how many posts you will end up with , before you change your handle ???

People monaing about ref, I think it is the players fault for not "playing to the whistle".

I don't think it was that, more the fact that the freekick given against us for the goal was utter *****.

Can't say we were too negative, surely putting extra defenders on and sitting back would be classed as negativity, didn't do that. We were still looking for a winner after Ward and Robinson had gone off.

People were asking for a target man and he brings Ball on, Bennett brings in addition of pace and Theo had missed a few, I agree the last sub was a bit pointless

I can only assume Robinson was knackered/injured...

To be honest whilst the substitutions were baffling, it's more frustrating that Cwyka and Maguire didn't make the squad.

Clough said in midweek he puts the best squad out each week that he feels could win the game, but surely he can't have thought that by picking Hughes over one of those two. Thoughts?

I can only assume Robinson was knackered/injured...

To be honest whilst the substitutions were baffling, it's more frustrating that Cwyka and Maguire didn't make the squad.

Clough said in midweek he puts the best squad out each week that he feels could win the game, but surely he can't have thought that by picking Hughes over one of those two. Thoughts?

i darent say owt mate,cloughs crap

I thought this thread might be posted but lets look at it a different way shall we.

We are 7th one point of 6th.

We have Brayford, Barker, Anderson, Bailey, Green, Riggott, Steve Davies, Tyson, all out injured. Carrying injuries we have O'Brien with his shoulder, Theo with his hamstring. Maguire was not in the game Wednesday but remember he has a broken nose and may be not ready to play. Leacock may not be in the plans but he always seems to have and injury or an illness. Buxton playing after being out for over 12 months with not much match practice. Shackell is carrying a hip injury.

Then we have academy players of Hendrick along with O'Brien, Hughes and Bennett playing when if all the injuries were not they would not be playing. They have done us proud and should be commended along with Clough for having the courage to give them game time and experience. Short term did not work but long term it will as it shows them where they are at and what they actually need to do to achieve that level.

If someone had told me were 7th 1pt of playoff positions with so many injuries and youth players playing at the beginning of the season I would have laughed at them. If I had said that to everyone on here you would have been calling me mad and wanting me locked up.

Now the positive side of things by the next game we may have Barker, Bailey, Brayford, Tyson, Green, Shackell (back fully fit), Theo fully over his injury, O'Brien not on pain killing injections. The way I see it if these are ready or nearly ready to be back playing this is a brand new side/sqaud one that was used to winning before injuries hit the team. Yes we have big teams coming up but I honestly think this will make a massive difference and if people are going to get on the back of a team in 7th with all this going off is fine its your choice and that is what forums are about. For me I see a team trying their hardest for us and the fans something that we have not seen at Derby since probably Jim Smith days and certainly not since Cox era.

The last thing I will say on this is that NO team likes going to Peterborough as they will always score goals don't think they have had a game where they fail to do so. They play with ethos of we will score more than you, which means you can not be defensive as it also means you need to score goals. Peterborough on a number of occaisons have come from being well out of the game ending up winning or drawing. The season they were lasy in Championship they were trailing 4-0 at half time to cardiff they went on to draw the game 4-4. They score 7 against Ipswich this season I think. If anyone honestly thought that we were going to walk over them then they were wrong. This was a game I expected to lose with the current 'fit' team. If the players out injured were playing then I believe we would have won it.

Archived