Negativity

Bris Vegas

Facts? - people were there. you weren't - but you know better.

you don't understand - then listen more.

People are not disagreeing with you because you are negative.

They are disagreeing with you because you are wrong.

Agreed, I was there and I certainly didn't see any negative tactics in the last 10 and as I have previously stated, if you think Clough was negative you lot would of hated me, because at 2-0 away from home I'd of gone 4-5-1 with 10 men behind the ball on all occasions, everything I could do to keep the clean sheet and take the 2-0 win.

If anything to positive on Saturday, could of played it a lot smarter at 2-0 for instance taking Doyle off bringing on Kilbane playing 5 at the back, moving Ward into midfield and let Theo chase the balls up field, much like when we beat Forest with 10 men 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What am I wrong about? We haven't scored any goals in the last 10 minutes to either equalise or win a game for like 3 years..

This means we have either a weak mentality or we're very negative with 10 mins to go.. I think the last one is for sure..

So don't just say I'm wrong, unless you can back it up with facts.. So wheres the facts? Wheres the last minute goals? Wheres the attacking mentality in the last 10 minutes?

I'm not talking just about the last game against P'Boro... This has been an issue for 3 years, ever since Clough walked through the doors

You are wrong because you said we were negative in the last ten minutes.

You made this claim on no other evidence than your own pre-conceptions and assumptions.

At the time you made the claim, you hadn't seen the game on the Internet.

Everybody who went to the game, said you are wrong. We weren't negative.

I'm more worried about why we surrender the middle of the park just as easily as last year.

And why Stephen Pearson had more chances to prove himself than a considerably better and younger Tomasz Cywka.

I'm not to bothered about much else, but I hope one day our midfield might win a header and a tackle. And that they show just half the movement and willingness to receive the ball as Pratley, Whittingham and McGugan. Just half.

I like our midfielders, but ffs, Clough is going to have to play them all at the same time just to actually not get overran. Too nice, all of em.

Intact, Derby are always too nice over the last few years.

We had a class player like Bueno last year and we couldn't play him because we were struggling to give him the ball in dangerous areas. Our midfield needs to be balanced consistently.

I love debating with fellow derby fans about derby county related stuff.. I'm currently very disappointed with NCs negativity.. If you don't agree and can back it up with stats (ie. winners and equalisers with 10 minutes to go) I'll happily admit that I'm wrong..

But the thing is, I'm pointing out a fact.. And yet people think I'm a WUM for doing it.. Why?

This forum is ridiculous, unless you all stand around in a circle, hold hands and agree, your opinion gets thrown out the window without a second thought.. How boring are you people? Seriously?

Are you not throwing everybody else's opinion out without a second thought? As somebody else said, you always seem to think your opinions are facts. They aren't. I was, in fact, debating the negativity that some people seem to have toward every defeat we have and make it into something it isn't. Apparently you like debating... until somebody disagrees with you, perhaps?

By the by, could we have some actual facts and figures from you about the number of points lost in the last 10 mins to back up your statements? I haven't seen any. Please, lets see them. While you're at it, compare those stats to those of all other Championship clubs to see if we are indeed more prone to conceding late goals. Then provide some evidence that this isn't as a result of actually being too positive and not 'parking the bus' to protect a lead (as some other people have suggested we should have done).

10 minutes to go, go defensive, the inevitable happened for the umpteenth time ..

When will Clough learn?

How many more points does he want to cost us with his negativity?

This was what you said. You failed to realise that we weren't negative at all, and conceded after trying to push for a winner.

THis of course means that you were wrong, and your argument is invalid. That is why people are annoyed by your comments.

Close the thread mods, enough people have pointed out the truth by now.

http://clightnirish.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/skippy

What’s that you say Skippy?…Bris Vegas has left this thread?....He’s gone and started another thread and changed the argument?….All that to avoid admitting he was wrong on this thread?....Strewth.

I wasn't wrong about anything..

I made a point how we're negative in the last 10 minutes and you disagreed.. I presented facts to back that claim up.. Just in another thread as it was more appropriate.. This thread can be closed now as the facts are issued in the other thread..

I made a point how we're negative in the last 10 minutes and you disagreed.. I presented facts to back that claim up.. Just in another thread as it was more appropriate.. This thread can be closed now as the facts are issued in the other thread..

But with 10 minutes to go against Peterborough Clough didn’t go defensive. He really didn’t. People who were actually at the game are very clear about this. You were wrong. You spoke too soon. Just saying that would have saved you soooooo much time and effort. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

No, you said that we were negative in the last 10 minutes against Peterborough. In general, you are dead right, against Peterborough, you are wrong.

But with 10 minutes to go against Peterborough Clough didn’t go defensive. He really didn’t.

True. Clough didn't go defensive. But he didn't go attacking too.

I think Ball, Bennett and Hughes are hardly a threat for Championship defenders.

Clough just made some stupid subs which cost us a game. Easy.

We had no decent options on the bench though. It was Clough who picked squad of 16.

Archived