Reading v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

not good enough

Aaaggghhhh!!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' /> I hope you are being ironic. Reading are a good side; we drew; we scored two goals away from home... try to look for the positives.

Just don't get the modern mentality that says that anything other than a win "isn't good enough".

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half was shocking, neither side really looked like scoring other than a good Fielding save. I've got no idea how that game had 4 goals in it cos neither side looked like scoring, 3 of the goals were just punts/crosses into the box that some how ended up in the net. They dominated possession and were the only side trying to win the game, we done what we normally do away from home, sit back and try to nick a point. Anderson was p*ss poor all night, his distribution was dire. The midfield were barely in the game, Hendrick and Bryson arent commanding or good enough on the ball to really dominate game and take control of them, we've been missing a player that can do that for years.

First half was shocking, neither side really looked like scoring other than a good Fielding save. I've got no idea how that game had 4 goals in it cos neither side looked like scoring, 3 of the goals were just punts/crosses into the box that some how ended up in the net. They dominated possession and were the only side trying to win the game, we done what we normally do away from home, sit back and try to nick a point. Anderson was p*ss poor all night, his distribution was dire. The midfield were barely in the game, Hendrick and Bryson arent commanding or good enough on the ball to really dominate game and take control of them, we've been missing a player that can do that for years.

Just goes to show, on another forum a bloke just got back said Hendrick was great ?

Good to see Cywka get a start, plus Doyle + Ball get a little run out. But im surprised Chris Maguire aint getting his chance? and now with Bennett in the mix, it seems even less likely. As for Anderson's bad performance, its important to remember he aint really a rightback, i mean he's slow even for a centreback!

Dont see how a side that has 33% possession can have a centre mid that had a 'great' game. Defensively everyone done a job, on the ball and going forward we offered absolutely nothing.

We managed to score twice from set play. Look at our line up and injury list while your at it. The side is down to the bare bones but have managed to pull off two decent draws. However poor the stats look and despite as you say any cutting edge, Derby have ended a barren run of 5 straight defeats at thr Majetski with this point. Beggers can not be choosers. Clough has been denied the funding to add the players the squad needs to make us a strong side. He has done brilliantly considering tbe number of quality players who have been out injured. An away point. 2 away goals. Robinson and Cwyka nabbing confidence boosting goals. Ball getting some first team experience. not to sniffed at.

We managed to score twice from set play. Look at our line up and injury list while your at it. The side is down to the bare bones but have managed to pull off two decent draws. However poor the stats look and despite as you say any cutting edge, Derby have ended a barren run of 5 straight defeats at thr Majetski with this point. Beggers can not be choosers. Clough has been denied the funding to add the players the squad needs to make us a strong side. He has done brilliantly considering tbe number of quality players who have been out injured. An away point. 2 away goals. Robinson and Cwyka nabbing confidence boosting goals. Ball getting some first team experience. not to sniffed at.

Wasnt moaning, although Reading had a lot of possession they lacked a cutting edge and never really created many, if any at all, clear cut chances. The difference between this season and the last is that we've got a bit of back bone to us, we work hard and defend better throughout the team. Going forward we're no better than we were, but the fact that we can frustrate teams gives us opportunities and the goals we do score are equalisers/winners instead of a consolation.

I think the fact that we are missing 4 guaranteed starters (Brayford, Barker, Bailey and Tyson) makes a draw at Reading a great result. It would be great if we had a better squad: cover at right back and improve the left back situation (I still am perplexed at the Moxey sale) but we are steadily getting there and perhaps our earlier season overachieving has set expectations a bit higher than they realistically should be.

I think the fact that we are missing 4 guaranteed starters (Brayford, Barker, Bailey and Tyson) makes a draw at Reading a great result. It would be great if we had a better squad: cover at right back and improve the left back situation (I still am perplexed at the Moxey sale) but we are steadily getting there and perhaps our earlier season overachieving has set expectations a bit higher than they realistically should be.

I think that's 5 starters as Clough will put Green into our midfield also.

Optimistically, the injuries are a blessing in disguise. We've had a good look at players who would not have had a look in and those players have performed above expectations. I just wish Clough would bring in some quality full back cover.

A point at Reading is a good result. It's hard to swallow that a club as well supported as ours should class this as a good result but we are a second tier club nowadays with a second tier board, a second tier squad and second tear finances.

seems to be a lot of moaning for such a good point last night. Historically we've never done well at Reading (do people forget Savage in goals???), they're a very good side, plus we're missing 4/5 of our best starting XI. Slightly annoyed about surrendering a lead twice, especially so quickly but how is this not an encouraging point???

I'm happy with the result.

We're picking up points even when we're not on song, like last night. And we're still scoring, despite not having many options upfront.

We should have scored in the first couple (?) of minutes, if that went in it may have changed the game.

Defensively I thought we looked good. Anderson is a slow centre half being thrown in at right back but I don't think he's doing badly. I thought Bryson was quiet again.

seems to be a lot of moaning for such a good point last night. Historically we've never done well at Reading (do people forget Savage in goals???), they're a very good side, plus we're missing 4/5 of our best starting XI. Slightly annoyed about surrendering a lead twice, especially so quickly but how is this not an encouraging point???

Simply because certain posters are never happy and seem to think we should be in the Champions League.

I'm happy with the result.

We're picking up points even when we're not on song, like last night. And we're still scoring, despite not having many options upfront.

We should have scored in the first couple (?) of minutes, if that went in it may have changed the game.

Defensively I thought we looked good. Anderson is a slow centre half being thrown in at right back but I don't think he's doing badly. I thought Bryson was quiet again.

Anderson was very bad last night, no two ways about it.

Archived