Daily Mirror

LazloW

i dont agree with all of it but i do agree with some of it....i agree that we are going to be in a good position when the ffp kicks in and that is down to the board(and clough)

i agree we should go out and spend money we cant afford in one big blow out

but he does exaggerate in the close season to big up the season tickets and no matter what people think of glick the situation with cloughs contract SHOULD have been sorted by now.

i think he shouldnt be bashed as much as he is but the dof situation and cloughs contract are 2 things not done very well and they could both be quite important

What makes you think we would be in a good position with FFP, we are still loss-making, that is not likely to change in the near future.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commons - you look after your best assets, get them on longer contracts and get more than £300k when you sell them

The club stated Commons was offered everything he wanted and more. He kept saying he would sign but didn't. We couldn't get anymore money for him. He was virtually out of contract and 300K would have probably have covered the remainder of his contract. #oldground

I would be very surprised if Nigel went to Forest. They constantly call him Non League, he was there 2nd top goal scorer of all time (I think) and he gets treated terrible by them. Would you go back there!!

He loves Derby, openly admits he is a supporter as do most of the back room staff. He has done a tremendous job reducing the wage bill keeping us in the division and now we are 3rd. Be it a false position or not the table does not lie.

I know I will get slated for this but I have always said he will be our manager for 10 or more years. Like Ferguson etc and be allowed to build the club under the ownership of the Americans

Espically when you consider that Glick probably has no control over the budget.

Glick will have complete control over the budget, he is the CEO I believe.

You may be mistaking investment with budget.

Im sure nc won't leave but then again he has only 6 months left so who knows

There will as likely as anything be a board, who will agree the budget. It likely isn't Glick's sole responsibility to set it, but will be his job role to deliver the season's targets while staying within it. I'd imagine the controlling board will include some but not all of the investors.

Thankfully, as he often re-iterates, Nigel doesn't read the papers. He will sign a new contract all in good time. I've also heard him say that other things are more important than his own contract. Nigel puts others at the club first. This is why we are third in the table and will have a very good season. Chill out peeps.

Glick has been behind Nigel at least publicly the whole time. Especially last year that many of the fans wanted Clough out. Now Nigel has got players that he wanted. We are third at the table and Nigel might still get someone in that he wants for this season. Perhaps he don't want to leave to Forest or anywhere else at the moment.

Does anyone actually know what the FFP rules will actually mean to the Championship?

From my limited research all it seems to mean is that clubs cannot borrow more than £1m to pay wages. It appears that clubs can pay 100% (plus £1m) of their turnover in wages, plus any equity that the owners care to pump in.

Transfer fees are not affected.

Also, any sanctions - the main one of which which seems to be a fine of twice the overspend, could not be aplied for nearly two years after the offence as they rely on the publishing of the accounts.

It seems that the FFP rules are pretty irellevant and merely being used by owners as an excuse to cut costs - which might not be a bad thing in itself, but FFP is the excuse, not the reason.

Oh where to start? Clough's contract, communication to season ticket holders, transfer policy and budget, Kris Commons, etc.

He wanted to leave - we offered him what he wanted. No mismanagement there.

Contract - as said before, there could be loads of reasons he hasn't signed yet - one of them probably that he's not that bothered about all the speculation. He hates forest, I really can't seem him going there.

Would be nice to tie it up asap though.

Does anyone actually know what the FFP rules will actually mean to the Championship?

From my limited research all it seems to mean is that clubs cannot borrow more than £1m to pay wages. It appears that clubs can pay 100% (plus £1m) of their turnover in wages, plus any equity that the owners care to pump in.

Transfer fees are not affected.

Also, any sanctions - the main one of which which seems to be a fine of twice the overspend, could not be aplied for nearly two years after the offence as they rely on the publishing of the accounts.

It seems that the FFP rules are pretty irellevant and merely being used by owners as an excuse to cut costs - which might not be a bad thing in itself, but FFP is the excuse, not the reason.

I don't believe the rules have been set in stone yet.

People keep using the foxes as an example of being screwed, and yet they could, as have man city, easily get round any rules by say renaming the stadium.

I have also come to the same conclusion that this is being used as an excuse, wonder who the ring leader is in implementing these??

We won't know if we are loss making this season until 2013 when the accounts are published.

We will know IF we made a loss last season in March next year when the accounts are published.

Until then it's just speculation.

Glick stated in an article that we will make a loss, with a good cup run a possibility of breaking even, they don't need to wait until a year end to know this.

I don't believe the rules have been set in stone yet.

People keep using the foxes as an example of being screwed, and yet they could, as have man city, easily get round any rules by say renaming the stadium.

I have also come to the same conclusion that this is being used as an excuse, wonder who the ring leader is in implementing these??

They don't need to, according to what I've read owners can still invest equity into the club and it counts as turnover - all that they are prevented from doing is borrowing to fund wages.

[url=http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23979758-ending-footballs-crazy-pay-days-will-save-clubs-says-crystal-palace-co-owner.do]http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23979758-ending-footballs-crazy-pay-days-will-save-clubs-says-crystal-palace-co-owner.do

Glick stated in an article that we will make a loss, with a good cup run a possibility of breaking even, they don't need to wait until a year end to know this.

So we won't know until the accounts are published, because as yet we don't know if we will have a cup run.

Also if we are still near the top after the next 10 games and the fair-weather fans start turning up again and crowds go up by 2000 - 3000 a game for the 20 or so games would that bring more than a cup run?

So no-one really knows for sure if we will break even or not.

It's minimal isn't it? I actually thought we was breaking even.

We still have so much dead wood to get rid of.. The likes of Pearson, Leacock, Bywater, Buxton, Martin will surely be gone next season.

Plus other players who I deem surpluss to requirements in Deeney, Croft, Anderson and even Riggott..

We could then go out and buy more players from the money we will be saving from this lot in wages plus money from season tickets etc.. and you'd be looking at another $2mill.. (similar to this seasons outlay with, as the owners literally put in nothing and used the money from player sales, season tickets and saved wages on the likes of Porter and Savage to fund our summer transfers)

With that another DM, LB, ST and RW would surely be certainties..Whilst also bringing through more youths via the academy / free transfers / local area

Clough is building something here, he'd be daft not to continue it as we're starting to shape nicely for the next couple of years..

We still have so much dead wood to get rid of.. The likes of Pearson, Leacock, Bywater, Buxton, Martin will surely be gone next season.

Plus other players who I deem surpluss to requirements in Deeney, Croft, Anderson and even Riggott..

We could then go out and buy more players from the money we will be saving from this lot in wages plus money from season tickets etc.. and you'd be looking at another $2mill.. (similar to this seasons outlay with, as the owners literally put in nothing and used the money from player sales, season tickets and saved wages on the likes of Porter and Savage to fund our summer transfers)

With that another DM, LB, ST and RW would surely be certainties..Whilst also bringing through more youths via the academy / free transfers / local area

Clough is building something here, he'd be daft not to continue it as we're starting to shape nicely for the next couple of years..

prob a bit too early to say on riggott - but you could possibly add green and addison to your list of departures. (I doubt kilbane will be here also.)

So we won't know until the accounts are published, because as yet we don't know if we will have a cup run.

Also if we are still near the top after the next 10 games and the fair-weather fans start turning up again and crowds go up by 2000 - 3000 a game for the 20 or so games would that bring more than a cup run?

So no-one really knows for sure if we will break even or not.

Don't buy into that, we will have a projected cash flow that at present shows a loss, we are out off one cup in first round, and crowds are down on last year, so this will probably be a further loss.

I guess we may have been on tv a couple more times than expected so we may get some extra revenue that way, but unless we make a cup final or the play offs, we will make a loss.

Not that it matters to this thread though and I can't see the problem if we do?

He wanted to leave - we offered him what he wanted. No mismanagement there.

We offered him what he wanted during the 2010 / 11 season but what did we offer him in the summer of 2010 or before? We knew he had only a year left yet we left ourselves open to the cheap sale to Celtic when we could have extended his contract and got them to pay more.

Archived