Daily Mirror

LazloW

I believe Mr Glick stated on Radio Derby, or at least agreed, that we only owe the mortgage on the ground. Comparred to many other clubs that is pretty darn good really

I imagine the club now owes a few quid to the owners as well.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We offered him what he wanted during the 2010 / 11 season but what did we offer him in the summer of 2010 or before? We knew he had only a year left yet we left ourselves open to the cheap sale to Celtic when we could have extended his contract and got them to pay more.

Would it have mattered what we offered him? He had it in his head he wanted out, rightly or wrongly, and was never going to sign.

The board haven't got everything right since they've been here, but don't really see this as poor management.

We offered him what he wanted during the 2010 / 11 season but what did we offer him in the summer of 2010 or before? We knew he had only a year left yet we left ourselves open to the cheap sale to Celtic when we could have extended his contract and got them to pay more.

Judging by the way he left Stoke City and Notts Forest it would have probably made no differnce.

Who says we didn't offer him a contract in summer '10?

Glick stated in an article that we will make a loss, with a good cup run a possibility of breaking even, they don't need to wait until a year end to know this.

More spin to detract the fans anger over lack of spending I expect.

We won't know if we are loss making this season until 2013 when the accounts are published.

We will know IF we made a loss last season in March next year when the accounts are published.

Until then it's just speculation.

We won't know if we are loss making this season until 2013 when the accounts are published.

We will know IF we made a loss last season in March next year when the accounts are published.

Until then it's just speculation.

We will have made a loss last season not speculation. Totally inevitable the only speculation is how much.

Would it have mattered what we offered him? He had it in his head he wanted out, rightly or wrongly, and was never going to sign.

The board haven't got everything right since they've been here, but don't really see this as poor management.

If we'd offered him an extension to his contract in the summer of 2010 he may have signed at that point. He was coming back from injury and I don't recall clubs queing up to sign him. We could probably have extended his contract on the same wages at that time. Instead we let him get into the final year of his contract and ended up losing him on the cheap - poor management.

Who says we didn't offer him a contract in summer '10?

The club "proudly" stated at the time that they were waiting for him to prove his fitness before offering him a new contract. By the time he proved his fitness he'd scored a hatful of goals and we lost him on the cheap.

I don't believe the rules have been set in stone yet.

People keep using the foxes as an example of being screwed, and yet they could, as have man city, easily get round any rules by say renaming the stadium.

I have also come to the same conclusion that this is being used as an excuse, wonder who the ring leader is in implementing these??

The Man City one is under review as whether or not it is fair turnover. For any credibility in FFP I don't see as it can be as they don't own the ground it is council owned. That's why Man United fans simply have always named it The Council House.

If we'd offered him an extension to his contract in the summer of 2010 he may have signed at that point. He was coming back from injury and I don't recall clubs queing up to sign him. We could probably have extended his contract on the same wages at that time. Instead we let him get into the final year of his contract and ended up losing him on the cheap - poor management.

With Commons though if we had signed him up he probably wouldn't have bothered to get himself fit and produce the performances he did last Autumn. He was playing for the transfer window.

It's a matter of opinion. I don't think he would have signed, and I don't think there's much the club could have done to keep him. He's got previous, so it's no big surprise.

Anyway, getting away from the point. Sign Clough up.

The club stated Commons was offered everything he wanted and more. He kept saying he would sign but didn't. We couldn't get anymore money for him. He was virtually out of contract and 300K would have probably have covered the remainder of his contract. #oldground

We may have got more for him if we'd extended his contract in the summer of 2010 rather than waiting until the final year of his contract.

It was same at Forest, he always suddenly came consistent and fit when contract renewal time was up.

Look at him this season at Celtic.

I agree entirely, I just think an extension would have increased his sell on value.

KC is what he is, a talented footballer who, if he had the drive and heart of, say, Seth Johnson, would be playing top half of the Prem. He just hasn't got that inner strength to utilise his undoubted talents.

We probably got the best we could out of him.

Not a player I'd boo if he ever played against us but not particularly bothered that he left.

KC is what he is, a talented footballer who, if he had the drive and heart of, say, Seth Johnson, would be playing top half of the Prem. He just hasn't got that inner strength to utilise his undoubted talents.

We probably got the best we could out of him.

Not a player I'd boo if he ever played against us but not particularly bothered that he left.

I'm happy that we probably he him in his peak and I prefer him 100000000000000000000000000000000x more than S****e

Ridiculous.

If Clough isn't offered a contract soon than he is perfectly entitled to speak to Forest or any other club for that matter.

The Mirror is correct in one thing. They are likely a more attractive proposition than we are. At least they are giving the management a little cash in order to try and get to the promised land. We are merely going sideways and without some real investement, will never get up.

Glick thinks the current side is good enough for the top six. No manager could get this current squad of players to finish in the top six. He promised real investment this season. So where is it? Real investment is 7~8M. The type of money that could get us up and with a bit of luck we'd stay up and that investment will seem like peanuts.

I wouldn't blame Nigel at all if he walks. Let's hope our loss isn't their gain.

where did I say he isn't entitled to talk to other clubs? of course he is, but i seriously doubt clough would go to forest. They aren't going to be able to give any manager lots of money because of the ffp rules and the fact that doughty is essentially not putting more money into the club. How many clubs at this level have put 7-8 million net spend into their teams. I think the fact the board stuck by him where at any other club he would have been sacked means to me that he should repay that loyalty.

Archived