Daily Mirror

LazloW

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but this mornings mirror has an exclusive that FLorist will be approaching us to ask permission to speak to Nigel. Hopefully just a load of paper talk nonessnse. They say he would be 'going home' which perhaps shows their ignorance?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's the most obvious thing to write if you have space and no talented journo's to actually find a story based in fact. Maybe they should investigate the rumour the ND is going to walk with whatever money he can claw back in January. Heard that rumour from a wild turkey in Wollaton park, so gotta be true!

Would the red dogs be required to pay any compensation? with both Clough and his coaching staffs contracts coming to an end.

whether there's any truth in the story or not will be interesting to see if nigel user's it or not, also be interesting to know why a contact hasn't been signed yet.

Would the red dogs be required to pay any compensation? with both Clough and his coaching staffs contracts coming to an end.

whether there's any truth in the story or not will be interesting to see if nigel user's it or not, also be interesting to know why a contact hasn't been signed yet.

Still under contract so yeah, Glick wouldn't let him go for nowt.

Also McClaren's backroom staff are still at Forest as far as I know, that would be a problem as Clough would want to take his own. I'd guess the new manager would have to be willing to work with the backroom team already in place.

This is exactly why the Clough contract shouldn't be allowed to run down to less than a year left. Another example of Glick's poor management of the club.

It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and hand out contracts isn't it.

I don't see what the problem is. The biggest decision the CEO needs to make at a football club is having the right manager. Does Glick not see this? If he doesn't he's incompetent if he does it should have been sorted by now. He'll have a far bigger issue to resolve if Clough leaves.

Who knows if talks aren't happening now?

It aint like Football manager where you offer the contract and he signs it.

I'm sure talks have been happening for a while but Clough still hasn't signed. I don't see Clough as someone who's holding the club to ransom.

The Glick scapegoat is starting to get pretty tedious now.

Could be hundreds of reasons why a contract hasn't been signed but it's far easier to beat Glick with a stick and blame him.

As of today Nigel Clough is under contract at Derby, he's probably sat at home now with his feet up having a good old chuckle reading the Mirror.

If it comes to May and a contract isn't agreed and Nigel leaves then Derby County move on as we did when every other manager has left us.

this is nonsense, clough wouldn't touch forest with a bargepole in my opinion, clough wouldn't need a big buyout however I cannot see it. In my opinion, i wouldn't offer clough another contract until the end of the season and see where we are then.

so your saying that you wouldnt offer him a new contract at the moment even tho forest are sniffing around trying to sign him???

First of all forest aren't sniffing around him, and no i wouldn't offer him a new contract until we knew where we were going to finish, we started well last year and look where we ended up. I am saying let's wait and see where we are at the end of the season until we offer him a new deal for no more than 2 years.

Archived