Daily Mirror

LazloW

surley tho that risks 3 years of hard work (3 years of good work or not is all about opinion) and possibly starting all over again with a new manager because whether you like it or not there will be quite a few chairmen that want a young manager that can spot talent from the lower leagues...may or may not be forest

personally id like to see him sign

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is nonsense, clough wouldn't touch forest with a bargepole in my opinion, clough wouldn't need a big buyout however I cannot see it. In my opinion, i wouldn't offer clough another contract until the end of the season and see where we are then.

Ridiculous.

If Clough isn't offered a contract soon than he is perfectly entitled to speak to Forest or any other club for that matter.

The Mirror is correct in one thing. They are likely a more attractive proposition than we are. At least they are giving the management a little cash in order to try and get to the promised land. We are merely going sideways and without some real investement, will never get up.

Glick thinks the current side is good enough for the top six. No manager could get this current squad of players to finish in the top six. He promised real investment this season. So where is it? Real investment is 7~8M. The type of money that could get us up and with a bit of luck we'd stay up and that investment will seem like peanuts.

I wouldn't blame Nigel at all if he walks. Let's hope our loss isn't their gain.

Maybe the journalist who started to write this, did so before it came to light that Forest couldnt find the compensation Charlton wanted for Paul Hart. I'd wager that Nigels contract is bigger than Harts. So thats that story put to bed then!

Oh where to start? Clough's contract, communication to season ticket holders, transfer policy and budget, Kris Commons, etc.

Clough contract talks - We don't know whats happening, all we know is a new one hasn't been signed and the timetable hasn't been made public

communication to season ticket holders, transfer policy and budget? how has he mismanaged that?

perhaps this contract delay business is just brinkmanship.

If NC signed before his staff then their negotiating position is severely weakened.

If the club have to agree contracts with all the background staff first then its going to cost them more.

Clough contract talks - We don't know whats happening, all we know is a new one hasn't been signed and the timetable hasn't been made public

communication to season ticket holders, transfer policy and budget? how has he mismanaged that?

Espically when you consider that Glick probably has no control over the budget.

He cant go there ffs according to them ****** hes NON LEAGUE, if he cant go there yet be anither 4 -5 years unitl there a non league side ! florist can Fook right off hes just strated getting things right here so com on Glick dont be a dick! give the man a new contract he if goes who the f uck would we end up with steve mac!!!!!!

Oh where to start? Clough's contract, communication to season ticket holders, transfer policy and budget, Kris Commons, etc.

Cloughs contract - Still under contract at Derby, for all we know they could be in talks today right now

Communication to season ticket holders - What kind of communication are you looking for, a phone call every Sunday morning to discuss the game? I think you will find if you want to talk to him he is pretty open as quite a few members on here have found in the past.

Transfer policy/budget - Which season are we talking about here? also if the money isn't there and the investors are not willing to pump more money into the club what do you want Glick to do, start printing bank notes?

Kris Commons - Surely every Derby fan can see that Commons wanted out? even Clough came out and said the club couldn't of done anymore to get him to stay.

Cloughs contract - Still under contract at Derby, for all we know they could be in talks today right now

Communication to season ticket holders - What kind of communication are you looking for, a phone call every Sunday morning to discuss the game? I think you will find if you want to talk to him he is pretty open as quite a few members on here have found in the past.

Transfer policy/budget - Which season are we talking about here? also if the money isn't there and the investors are not willing to pump more money into the club what do you want Glick to do, start printing bank notes?

Kris Commons - Surely every Derby fan can see that Commons wanted out? even Clough came out and said the club couldn't of done anymore to get him to stay.

Clough's contract - should have been sorted by now, he's not got long left and any other club who could tempt him away wouldn't have to pay much compensation.

Communication to season ticket holders - every March he exagerates (lies) about the money that's going to be spent on players to sell season tickets then the money isn't spent.

Transfer policy / budget - there are too many to mention here but e.g. the sale of Hulse without a replacement lined up, the inablility to capitalise on good spells by investing when we're an attractive proposition like Jan 2011, Aug 2011, the loan market now, inablility to move on unwanted players, etc. He can't hide behind the investors he's the Chief Exec, they're in the US, he's their eyes and ears in Derby, If he wants something he needs to get on the phone and negotiate.

Commons - you look after your best assets, get them on longer contracts and get more than £300k when you sell them.

As I said, I don't understand why he's defended?

i dont agree with all of it but i do agree with some of it....i agree that we are going to be in a good position when the ffp kicks in and that is down to the board(and clough)

i agree we should go out and spend money we cant afford in one big blow out

but he does exaggerate in the close season to big up the season tickets and no matter what people think of glick the situation with cloughs contract SHOULD have been sorted by now.

i think he shouldnt be bashed as much as he is but the dof situation and cloughs contract are 2 things not done very well and they could both be quite important

Archived