Matt Oakley

Day

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rams have denied any approach according to East Midlands Today.

Not a big fan of bringing players back. Seth worked out. And i'm very glad we got him back. But usually i think you should move on. And stay moved on.

Leicester fans think he's utter rubbish. Not saying i agree or whatever. Just throwing it out there.

Players can rapidly decline once over their peak age. Wouldn't expect the same Oakley that we had before.

When we played Leicester at PP he was dawdling on the ball and had as much legs as Savage. He was just a non-entity.

I like him. Enjoyed having him. But no thanks.

hard to believe seth is STILL a free agent, wouldve thought he may try his chances in league one or two by now? 4 years is a long time to be without a club, wouldve thought he'd have called time on his career after the playoff final?

the leciester fans i know have said oakley improved a lot this season just gone, but the 2 seasons prior to it he was dreadful, reckon hes worth a punt for a year long deal with a view to a second year...would be a decent player for the likes of bailey,bryson etc. to learn from.

hard to believe seth is STILL a free agent, wouldve thought he may try his chances in league one or two by now? 4 years is a long time to be without a club, wouldve thought he'd have called time on his career after the playoff final?

the leciester fans i know have said oakley improved a lot this season just gone, but the 2 seasons prior to it he was dreadful, reckon hes worth a punt for a year long deal with a view to a second year...would be a decent player for the likes of bailey,bryson etc. to learn from.

Think Seth was trialing or training with Cambridge United at one point. Nothing came of it though. Suprising.

Always thought Leicester fans had a bit of a grudge against Oakley. Or that they'd made their minds up after some poor performances. Much like us with Pearson. It'd take a very good half season from Pearson to convince us he's worth having after some of his performances.

Maybe he's not as poor as they say. He was poor against us last season though. But that's only one game i guess.

Bob Malcolm, Pearson, Miller, Carroll, Porter.. Yeh our recent signings from Scotland are fantastic.. And same standard as the NPC? :D

Just like Barker then.. I haven't seen much of Shackell, could be a cracking player.. However if he was regarded as one of the best why wasn't anyone other than Pompey and perhaps Hull interested in him? Plus $1mill isn't that much for a 'top defender' Barker is proof of this. Matt Mills $5mill, that's a top defender!

Tyson is more danger to the fans in row X than anyone else.. We've bought him as a striker, a goalscorer.. He doesn't score at this level.. Varney is better than him, scored more goals in a higher level and isn't a cocky ****..

Which outweighs which? Knowhow or ability.. You can stick your 300 games experience at NPC level up your ar*e Clough, I'd take another player of Baileys ilk over anyone of those knowhow midfielders.. Theres a reason why they've played 300 odd games at NPC level, they're not good enough for the PL.

Bizarre! So Shackell's crap cos he only cost a million and not many clubs were in for him, but Bailey (who cost four fifths of ***all), is the best thing since sliced bread! How many clubs were in for Bailey then? Lucky he chose us over Barca!

Tyson is more danger to the fans in row X than anyone else.... Varney is better than him, scored more goals in a higher level and isn't a cocky ****.

Good point well made.......seconds out......round 2.

How many Championship clubs have spent more than our 'pathetic' level of net spend this close season?

I was referring to the chasing of cheap has-beens to fill that vital midfield role rather than about the transfer fees we've spent so far this close season, but lets be honest, we haven't exactly broken the bank in fees have we? What we've spent in total wouldn't cover the cost of one genuine quality midfielder or striker at this level would it?

Tyson got a decent reception last night when he came on.

Re midfielders - still think it's a shame that Ambrose is wasted at Palace. We could really use his creativity - given his goalscoring record as well, he'd have been the ideal replacement for Commons.

Nicest guy you would ever meet according to the Forest press when he left, don't let that get in the way of abit of Tyson bashing tho. Boooooooooooo.

Actions speak louder than words...

Marlon King comes accross as calm well mannered, intelligent guy in interviews.. In reality he's an absolute ar*e..

If you honestly think interviews dictate a persons personality then you're sadly mistaken..

Marlon King comes accross as calm well mannered, intelligent guy in interviews.. In reality he's an absolute ar*e..

If you honestly think interviews dictate a persons personality then you're sadly mistaken..

Have you ever even seen him play?! ;)

I don't know Tyson personally. Clearly you must have inside info on him, all I can go on us interviews, team mates what the press say.

Although I agree that Tyson is a nice guy, have to agree with you there Bris. Joey Barton comes across incredibly articulate for somebody with his history.

Archived