Matt Oakley

Day

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's in a 'Best goals of DCFC Promotion Season' vid on YouTube, just search for that and you'll see that plus a ton more.

I found a crap one which had his versus Ipswich, which wasn't as good. Oh, and the video maker also spelt 'finally' wrong.

Not a spectacular player but solid when he was last here, cant see him being as good as he was then now much older. From looking at Leicester's forum they're happy to see him leave and hasnt done anything worthwhile for them in the last couple of seasons.

Will he be a significant improvement on what we've already got? I dont think he will and he's only guna be getting worse. I'd rather see us take a punt on a young player who could potentially be very good.

Not a spectacular player but solid when he was last here, cant see him being as good as he was then now much older. From looking at Leicester's forum they're happy to see him leave and hasnt done anything worthwhile for them in the last couple of seasons.

Will he be a significant improvement on what we've already got? I dont think he will and he's only guna be getting worse. I'd rather see us take a punt on a young player who could potentially be very good.

We have the young players now, and we do need experience. If we do get Oakley, I think we would still need another in the middle. And to be honest, a 57 year old Matt Oakley would be better than Savage.

We have the young players now, and we do need experience. If we do get Oakley, I think we would still need another in the middle. And to be honest, a 57 year old Matt Oakley would be better than Savage.

Enough of our players have got plenty of Championship football experience, Savage's 'experience' has hardly helped us the last few seasons, on football ability alone i expect Oakley wont be any better than what we've got, so what's the point?

Enough of our players have got plenty of Championship football experience, Savage's 'experience' has hardly helped us the last few seasons, on football ability alone i expect Oakley wont be any better than what we've got, so what's the point?

In that role, who HAVE we got though? No-one really, aside from Addison who won't be here for a while and Hendrick who is more attack minded.

Obviously Bryson is capable but he also prefers getting forward so I would hope that we wouldn't hold him back in that role if it meant that we were losing out on a very capable attacking outlet.

Oakley will be cheap, his wages average and he'll work well for atleast a season. Next season reduce him to just a squad player, (Pearson style), and that would suit us perfectly. Though we'd deffo need a top defensive midfielder next summer.

You can forget Addison, I really don't think Clough would play him in midfield.

Considering he was doing that when last season when he had him available, I think he would :cool:

Besides, we all know how effective he can be there, and hes not got the concentration for centre back every week (Ssausagehorpe at home anyone?), or atleast he hasn't just yet.

He can be our wrecking ball in midfield. Every team needs one.

What's Bailey's role then? I see him as a defensive midfielder, he doesnt get forward at all. If Bryson is good enough i'd happily see them two in centre midfield, then you've got Green who could also be in there (not that i think he's much good).

Bailey doesn't get forward, but he gets to the 20-25 yard line and either attempts a shot or threads someone through. That's his job, then just to harry other players when he doesn't have the ball.

Green is very good, but he just doesn't seem to suit an entirely defensive role. He also doesn't score enough to be considered a real attacking threat. He's what they call on FM a 'box-to-box' midfielder, and i'm not sure he suits our system at the moment.

Hope we find some way to accomodate him though, he's too versatile and useful to get rid of.

How about Mo Camara? We need a left back..

Seriously.

But Mo was crap (for the most part, he did have two good spells plus shut out C.Ronaldo at PP), but most of the time he was poor.

Matt Oakley wasn't. And he's still decent. So he'd be useful.

Because if you have any idea about football he can tackle, he is a leader, he can pass, he can run, he is coming from a team which has had 3 good seasons and coming with a positive attitude, he wants to play football, can bring players on positively. He can shoot and at 33 has 2 or 3 seasons left in him and will not sulk if not picked and he loves Derby especially when PP cheered him when his own fans booed him.

Now compare this to Savage as you want to. Savage could now and then pick a pass, put a good tackle in each game, ran round like a headless chicken, more interested on being on radio/tv, was not the best leader on the pitch, came to us after being at Blackburn where not wanted and had a chip on his shoulder. Know a bit harsh as he did us a job but his motivation last season was not there.

Oakley will do us proud and would welcome him in our side.

Archived