Matt Oakley

Day

Leicester come across to me as knobs in the transfer dealings.

I'd really like Howard. A target man that our three attackers can feed off. Howard with his back to goal feeding three attackers Ward, S. Davies and Cywka/B.Davies who can all face the goal in dangerous areas. Feeding from knock downs, flick ons and lay offs.

But Oakley will do just fine. So long as he's better than what i've seen him on the handful of times i've seen Leicester.

He dawdled on the ball, very limited passing range and while not weak, not exactly strong either.

Fingers crossed

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NC would disagree about ward - he praised after the coventry game.

Needs a couple of goals doesn't he. Needs to stop snatching and perhaps trying so hard. As a natural hard worker that'll be difficult. But i look at Ward and see him doing too much again. Like when he first arrived.

Sometimes less is more?

And a couple of goals to stop him snatching at the ball.

Needs a couple of goals doesn't he. Needs to stop snatching and perhaps trying so hard. As a natural hard worker that'll be difficult. But i look at Ward and see him doing too much again. Like when he first arrived.

Sometimes less is more?

And a couple of goals to stop him snatching at the ball.

I think you're right. His first instinct seems to be to be direct (which i like) - but it hasn't really come off this season so far.

There was a home game where he missed a couple of good chances- had they gone in then we might well be seeing a more confident player.

What they've never played in front of a crowd before?

Our "experienced" MF hardly impressed last year, infact he acted like a spoilt kid.

They won't have played in anything like this before no, and it can affect players, it depends on their mental attitudes towards the game, it can affect brilliant young players badly, if it does we could be in problems, and yes our experienced midfield was a bad joke last year no doubt about it.

Or you could say that they lack fear and they won't have any memories of the 2-5 game etc?

of course you can, there are arguments for both sides cumbrian, I am simply saying to me it could be a worry that two key positions are with people who have little experience and could be a little overawed by the atmosphere.

Young Ram appears to be on the same wave length as me, not sure if that means I'm talking out my arse or YR's IQ level has increased since turning 18. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

It is amazing i have agreed with you, I am worried mine hasn't gone down 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived