Matt Oakley

Day

4 pages since I posted that.. Don't you think someone would of posted this (your reply) sooner if anyone actually cared about Oakley.

Unfortunately in respect of this argument you get comments put on by people who waste up space asking numpty questions like why wasn't this posted earlier.

The answer being the debate was on whether he was gd enough to come back then someone comes out with a comment that turns it into the every thread is a bashing thread and then someone brings it back in check with a comment that points out why we were talking about this topic in the first place.

As you can guess starting to get a bit fed up with how these threads over the last few months have been depressing, filled with back biting etc judging players before seeing them play etc etc. Oakley showed us respect full marks and since then the fester cretins have cut him out. They forget he came from us to league 1 and was instrumental as captiain in getting them back up.:mad:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Top pro, getting on a bit though..

Good luck to him, always liked him unlike some retarded 18 year old boo boys.. :mad:

Im sure you could get Howard too if you want him..

Gather he has already tried touting himself back to us but Clough was not interested

4 pages since I posted that.. Don't you think someone would of posted this (your reply) sooner if anyone actually cared about Oakley.

What exactly is up with you today?

And what sort of logic is that? Because no one posted as me within 4 pages of internet my opinion does not count? Eh?

I don't think Oakley's good enough and I don't want him back. I was just challenging your stance. You do care about Oakley. You've been talking about him as if he's Lord Voldemort or something.

Not a pleasant way to respond at all, that.

Oakley :eek:

Do we want to seal relegation before even getting the season under way..

He wouldn't get in our team, a team that finished 19th and has only bolsted it with guessworks from Scotland, Barnsleys best defender (woop!) and Nathan Tyson

What is this obsession with a hard working midfielder we're after.. What the hell does experience have to do with anything.. We simply need someone who can partner Bailey (the only person in our team who can actually pass the ball 10 yards without giving it away) who can also pass the ball without constantly giving it away..

Someone like Idiakez with a walking stick at (how old is he now?) would still show up the so called 'midfield maestros' with simple pass and move football.

Oakley :eek:

Do we want to seal relegation before even getting the season under way..

He wouldn't get in our team, a team that finished 19th and has only bolsted it with guessworks from Scotland, Barnsleys best defender (woop!) and Nathan Tyson

What is this obsession with a hard working midfielder we're after.. What the hell does experience have to do with anything.. We simply need someone who can partner Bailey (the only person in our team who can actually pass the ball 10 yards without giving it away) who can also pass the ball without constantly giving it away..

Someone like Idiakez with a walking stick at (how old is he now?) would still show up the so called 'midfield maestros' with simple pass and move football.

I don't normally post any more but your negativity has really riled me.

First of all, we haven't 'only' strengthened the team in the ways you suggest. We have also signed one of the country's most promising 'keepers plus a decent back-up, a player who was our best while on-loan at the end of last season and another young lad with bags of potential.

Secondly, the two lads from Scotland can hardly be called guesswork... they've been consistent performers in the SPL (a league about the same standard as the Championship) and have both been recognised at international level.

Thirdly, Shackell was not only Barnsley's best defender last season but widely acknowledged as one of the best in the Championship.

Fourthly, love him or loathe him, Tyson is a proven threat at this level. Not a proven goalscorer, granted, but a bugger to defend against... as we've discovered to our cost in the past.

Finally, it seems we're not done yet in the transfer market.

As for the 'obsession' with experience, it is quite clear why it is necessary to have a bit of knowhow sprinkled through the squad. If you don't know why, perhaps you don't know quite as much about football as you think you do...

Instead of looking to sign thirtysomething ex-players, why are we not looking to spend decent money on a quality midfielder who is proven at this level? Why is this club always looking for the bloody cheap and cheerful option instead of showing some real ambition? Its pathetic.

Instead of looking to sign thirtysomething ex-players, why are we not looking to spend decent money on a quality midfielder who is proven at this level? Why is this club always looking for the bloody cheap and cheerful option instead of showing some real ambition? Its pathetic.

Shackell wasn't cheap

Matt Oakley.....one of my favourite players in recent years would love to see him back playing in a Derby shirt and not for slightly better than forest scum =)

Still dont ever get why did we sell him in the first place he was by far one of our better players...

How many Championship clubs have spent more than our 'pathetic' level of net spend this close season?

How many Championship clubs have spent more than our 'pathetic' level of net spend this close season?

Nice choice of wording.Close season, nicely ignoring a period in time that includes 4 player sales at a time when we purchased only one player.

If we're going on the last year, i'd be tempted to say Forest, just by signing Greening....they haven't sold anyone.

Spat his dummy out, gave it the waterworks.

Not true, he left because of Jewells attitude towards the players. He didn't speak to him from the moment he arrived. Then found out a bid from Leicester had been accepted, so what do you do? Before you ask I know this because a family member is friends with him. He never really wanted to leave. And as for your comment about if anyone cares about him? I think you're out numbered on people wanting him back to people not.

I personally would prefer him to Eustace, even if he is only a 70 minute player. Still a lot more experienced than what we've got and probably do a better job than what Savage did.

Secondly, the two lads from Scotland can hardly be called guesswork... they've been consistent performers in the SPL (a league about the same standard as the Championship) and have both been recognised at international level.

Bob Malcolm, Pearson, Miller, Carroll, Porter.. Yeh our recent signings from Scotland are fantastic.. And same standard as the NPC? :D

Thirdly, Shackell was not only Barnsley's best defender last season but widely acknowledged as one of the best in the Championship.

Just like Barker then.. I haven't seen much of Shackell, could be a cracking player.. However if he was regarded as one of the best why wasn't anyone other than Pompey and perhaps Hull interested in him? Plus $1mill isn't that much for a 'top defender' Barker is proof of this. Matt Mills $5mill, that's a top defender!

Fourthly, love him or loathe him, Tyson is a proven threat at this level. Not a proven goalscorer, granted, but a bugger to defend against... as we've discovered to our cost in the past.

Tyson is more danger to the fans in row X than anyone else.. We've bought him as a striker, a goalscorer.. He doesn't score at this level.. Varney is better than him, scored more goals in a higher level and isn't a cocky ****..

Finally, it seems we're not done yet in the transfer market.

As for the 'obsession' with experience, it is quite clear why it is necessary to have a bit of knowhow sprinkled through the squad. If you don't know why, perhaps you don't know quite as much about football as you think you do...

Which outweighs which? Knowhow or ability.. You can stick your 300 games experience at NPC level up your ar*e Clough, I'd take another player of Baileys ilk over anyone of those knowhow midfielders.. Theres a reason why they've played 300 odd games at NPC level, they're not good enough for the PL.

Bob Malcolm, Pearson, Miller, Carroll, Porter.. Yeh our recent signings from Scotland are fantastic.. And same standard as the NPC?:D

Malcolm must be in with a shout of being one of our worst ever players.

Great game against Wolves on his debut and thought we had a fantastic signing, and then, ever after, absolute gash. :rolleyes:

Malcolm must be in with a shout of being one of our worst ever players.

Great game against Wolves on his debut and thought we had a fantastic signing, and then, ever after, absolute gash. :rolleyes:

Mate I was quick to tell the world we'd just signed the next Makelele after that Wolves match.

Come to think of it, wasn't Pearsons debut against Hull ast home when we drew 2-2 and he ran the length of the field before putting it on a plate for Teale.. I thought he was a cracking player aswell.

Self note.. Judge a player after more than one game! ;)

Archived