Matt Oakley

Day

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do sign oakley, which is looking very likely. He will start against forest, which means hendrick will lose his place in the first team, which i personally think will be a bit harsh because hendrick has been playing brilliantly.

If we do sign oakley, which is looking very likely. He will start against forest, which means hendrick will lose his place in the first team, which i personally think will be a bit harsh because hendrick has been playing brilliantly.

I think he will replace the injured Bailey and push Bryson up again, imo

As said above - it's highly unlikely hendrick will lose his place.

Saturday is too early for both O'Brien and Hendrick to play the full 90. Harsh or not they are in the spine of the team, if they freeze we could be screwed.

Oakley in for Hendrick, give the lad 10-15 minutes at the end depending on the scoreline.

Saturday is too early for both O'Brien and Hendrick to play the full 90. Harsh or not they are in the spine of the team, if they freeze we could be screwed.

Oakley in for Hendrick, give the lad 10-15 minutes at the end depending on the scoreline.

Why would you assume they would freeze ?

I could understand that you think they are not good enough, but why would they freeze, if they are good enough they are old enough, simple as.

Unless you know these guys personally and they have that kind of mentality, then I understand where you are coming from.

Why would you assume they would freeze ?

I could understand that you think they are not good enough, but why would they freeze, if they are good enough they are old enough, simple as.

Unless you know these guys personally and they have that kind of mentality, then I understand where you are coming from.

I don't know these two personally no, I do know what games against Forest are like at the City Ground.

They are both kids, with very little experience and 0 experience of playing in local Derby's. They are also skinny kids, more meat on a butchers pencil. I don't know McClaren either but I would guess he would be telling Miller to put his weight on O'Brien early on and Boatang likewise on Hendrick.

They both play in key positions and IF they freeze and get bullied out the game we could be on the end of a real drubbing again.

I don't know these two personally no, I do know what games against Forest are like at the City Ground.

They are both kids, with very little experience and 0 experience of playing in local Derby's. They are also skinny kids, more meat on a butchers pencil. I don't know McClaren either but I would guess he would be telling Miller to put his weight on O'Brien early on and Boatang likewise on Hendrick.

They both play in key positions and IF they freeze and get bullied out the game we could be on the end of a real drubbing again.

On the other hand, both could have blinders and Hendricks movement against old man Boatang could win us the match.

I tend to agree with you about O'brein, but not because he will freeze, but the fact he could get bullied, this is more down to the ability and physical attributes he has at the moment.

What we have to do though, is look at their poor defense record the fact they havent one at home yet (I think?), for me that means more of a link up between midfield and the strikers, but I dont know if we have the players to do this, therefore the pressure the back and defensive mids come under as the result of this could be our undoing.

Probably both will play blinders and make me look a wally, I just see it as being possibly the weak areas in the team for this game.

You spoke about the midfield and strikers link up and that's another thing that worries me, all season we haven't been that aggresive going forward. Think we got the award for having the least shots in the league prior to the Coventry game....in fact we probably still have now.

I fear it's going to be the same again, sit back and defend and try and hit them on the break. This will put more pressure on the likes of Hendrick and O'Brien, if we do sign Oakley like I say I just think it would be wise to stick an older head in there and elimate one of the 'potential' weak areas.

On the other hand, both could have blinders and Hendricks movement against old man Boatang could win us the match.

I tend to agree with you about O'brein, but not because he will freeze, but the fact he could get bullied, this is more down to the ability and physical attributes he has at the moment.

What we have to do though, is look at their poor defense record the fact they havent one at home yet (I think?), for me that means more of a link up between midfield and the strikers, but I dont know if we have the players to do this, therefore the pressure the back and defensive mids come under as the result of this could be our undoing.

I think they'll both start, Nigel's been more than happy with their contributions so far - he didn't even really have a pop at O'Brien after the Burnley game - so why wouldn't he...

Team for Saturday will likely be...

----------------Fielding

Brayford---Shackell-----O'Brien------Kilbane

-----------Hendrick-----Oakley (if signed)

B Davies--------Bryson---------Ward

-----------S Davies/Tyson

What it should be...

----------------Fielding

Cwyka-------------Bryson---------Maguire

--------------S Davies/Tyson

I think Ward is struggling at the moment and needs a rest and the past two games other than his set peices B Davies hasn't offered much. I rather lose having a go at them than sitting back and hoping to catch them on the break...

I think they'll both start, Nigel's been more than happy with their contributions so far - he didn't even really have a pop at O'Brien after the Burnley game - so why wouldn't he...

Team for Saturday will likely be...

----------------Fielding

B Davies--------Bryson---------Ward

-----------S Davies/Tyson

What it should be...

----------------Fielding

Cwyka-------------Bryson---------Maguire

--------------S Davies/Tyson

I think Ward is struggling at the moment and needs a rest and the past two games other than his set peices B Davies hasn't offered much. I rather lose having a go at them than sitting back and hoping to catch them on the break...

NC would disagree about ward - he praised after the coventry game.

Archived