Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity how would you say is the bigger sick note Tyson or Commons?

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Unbelievable Jeff!

Have you seen our front three?

Proper lol'd at that.....Commons would walk into the forest team and be the best by a ****** mile. Just ask Sean O'Doncaster who he'd prefer................

Has Ward ever played against Hutchinson Collins Ayala and Harding??

Judging from what I've seen so far I can't bloody wait. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The only bit of Forests team I don't rate.

Throw Halford into the mix too and theres every chance Ward can take the piss out of your defence once again.

Proper lol'd at that.....Commons would walk into the forest team and be the best by a ****** mile. Just ask Sean O'Doncaster who he'd prefer................

Shame this sight doesn't have a facepalm emoticon. Totally deserving of one there.

Cox, Sharp and even Dex are better players than fat boy. Past it now.

Shame this sight doesn't have a facepalm emoticon. Totally deserving of one there.

Cox, Sharp and even Dex are better players than fat boy. Past it now.

That is hilarious 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Commons would walk into any team in this division and you aee deluded to think otherwise!!

That is hilarious 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Commons would walk into any team in this division and you aee deluded to think otherwise!!

I think Clough got the best out of Commons by basically bullying him, no question that when he was playing well for us he was stand out and would get into our current team and theirs - when he played for Forest he was often regarded as talented but no end product which is what they are probably basing the not good enough comments on - of course I am assuming in this that the Forest fans are objective and logical, it could just be they are having a hissy fit saying he is crap because he left them to come here....

Please play Halford against Ward. Pleeeeease.

I like Halford

The way SOD plays he needs defenders who are comfortable with the ball & can play a passing game.

You never know what will happen in football but I hope Derby are chasing the ball all game & we out class you.

But it's early days & Derby games are always a different type of game. If we get our passing game going you will not get a sniff.

Forest have fire power this season & will not be as easy to play as last season.

Looking forward to the game !

I like Halford

The way SOD plays he needs defenders who are comfortable with the ball & can play a passing game.

You never know what will happen in football but I hope Derby are chasing the ball all game & we out class you.

But it's early days & Derby games are always a different type of game. If we get our passing game going you will not get a sniff.

Forest have fire power this season & will not be as easy to play as last season.

Looking forward to the game !

dave

our style of play is the passing game as well... dont be lulled into the fact that we are strong at set pieces because of a so called long ball game!

our passing gets us into situations where we are being stopped either by fouls or into touch for corners.

if our passing game gets going you wont get a sniff... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

looking forward to the game...hopefully both on top form at the right time for a change...

dave

our style of play is the passing game as well... dont be lulled into the fact that we are strong at set pieces because of a so called long ball game!

our passing gets us into situations where we are being stopped either by fouls or into touch for corners.

if our passing game gets going you wont get a sniff... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

looking forward to the game...hopefully both on top form at the right time for a change...

Would we be lucky enough to get a real show from both teams ?

3-3, that's my early prediction. Might change over the next few games, Forest have probably had the easiest start in the whole league. Their next three games are easier still, Birmingham who look a shambles under Clarke and Crystal Palace who are relegation faves. Then you've got Leeds who were whooped 7-1 at home by your team from last season.

Your season begins against Derby when you finally have a league team to consider a contender.

Would we be lucky enough to get a real show from both teams ?

Not a prayer. Lol.

Key men : Reid and Ward.

Reid the calm head could get you playing good football in a derby game that usually is so fast the sensible thing to do is get it down the other end. He'll be one (if not THE) most experience players on the pitch. His influence could prove vital! Despite the banter I quite rate him. He makes me nervous.

Ward- You won't catch me saying 'oh so and so is good enough for the PL. I don't really over-rate our players. But only two things stop Ward being a good left winger (not a striker imo) in the top tier

Decision making

Consistency

Sounds two big factors but we're talking 4/5 bad decisions in 10. Not like say Zaha who makes 7 bad decisions in 10!

Consistency - Well it's linked with his decision making. He can go 5 games making great decisions all the time... Then go 10 games where he'll shoot from a crossing position when we've got men in the box. Or he'll constantly neglect a pass to run into dead ends.

He's got great skill and good awareness. He's quick and has workrate to match his ability.

If he's on his day. There's not a defender in your team that could stop him on their best day. There's not many in the league.

I hope Ward has one of his better days.

Not a prayer. Lol.

Key men : Reid and Ward.

Reid the calm head could get you playing good football in a derby game that usually is so fast the sensible thing to do is get it down the other end. He'll be one (if not THE) most experience players on the pitch. His influence could prove vital! Despite the banter I quite rate him. He makes me nervous.

Ward- You won't catch me saying 'oh so and so is good enough for the PL. I don't really over-rate our players. But only two things stop Ward being a good left winger (not a striker imo) in the top tier

Decision making

Consistency

Sounds two big factors but we're talking 4/5 bad decisions in 10. Not like say Zaha who makes 7 bad decisions in 10!

Consistency - Well it's linked with his decision making. He can go 5 games making great decisions all the time... Then go 10 games where he'll shoot from a crossing position when we've got men in the box. Or he'll constantly neglect a pass to run into dead ends.

He's got great skill and good awareness. He's quick and has workrate to match his ability.

If he's on his day. There's not a defender in your team that could stop him on their best day. There's not many in the league.

I hope Ward has one of his better days.

Cox has impressed since he arrived he works so hard & does not give defenders a second I think he could have a big say which way the game goes.

Derby did well against Watford & have played better than the results showed in other games. Defence is still a bit suspect but that should get better with time.

Forest have shown real form so far this season & will get a cricket score against someone this season if they continue like this.

Derby is always a test & even when we won 5-2 Derby were never really out of the game, they looked like pulling it back every time they came forward.

This early in the season it's hard to say who will come out on top.

But I think Forest have bettrer players in more positions than Derby & that could be the difference

Archived