Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both teams problems this season could be drawing games.. Draws are so overrated in this league, that a point does nothing to help.. You only go places in this league by stringing 3 or 4 wins on the trot, anything else and you're an inconsistant midtable side.

I'm of the mindset that draws are massive - especially away from home. For me too many people just look at the points tally. In football or other team sports I'd say it's important to develop a confident mentality, with an "unbeatable" one being a great one to develop too, and one which further helps develops a grit and determination which helps you win games in the long run.

If Derby draw at the CG I'd say that's be a moral victory for Derby tbh.

Dunno if you've seen this.....

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19486989]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19486989

Loses 5 games on the spin, fearing for his job and has now killed a squirrel.

Now that's out of form - btw, was Scunny one of the "Tough games" which you lads have played? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

No need to answer, I'm off on hols for the weekend, reckon you lads will get a good result this weekend, have fun.

In this league unbeaten runs just don't last.. So there's no point in thiking about trying to string together successive draws and 'staying unbeaten'.. WHU last season went unbeaten at home for ages, problem was that they drew the majority of them and literally threw 8-10 points away at the end of the season costing them automatic promotion..

Blackpool on the other hand lost quite a few games, but because they limited their draws and won alot they comfortable made the playoffs.. A team that racks up 15-20 draws over a season could see it as 15-20 points won (only 5-7 wins) but an absoloute massive 30-40 points dropped..

You'd claim more points having a record of Won 22 Draw 0 Lose 24 (looks bad on paper) than say Won 17 Draw 14 Lose 15 (looks better on paper)

If you have the ability to win you should aim to do so, that's why I have a massive gripe with Cloughs 'we'll take the point' mentality when reaching the 60 odd minutes in the seasond half if we're drawing.. If we draw too many games it starts to put pressure on winning other games..

Derby and Forest have both drawn 2 out of the first 4 games.. If we continue and draw say 18 games each this season we'll both be sat in midtable

I wouldnt say a draw would be a massive result, it's September and unless the rules have been changed its still only a point for drawing against any team in this league and 3 for the win.

A draw against you lot wouldn't be worth anymore than a draw with Huddersfield and you also seem to be forgetting we've got Jake Buxton.

Archived