Transfer news Radio Derby 4pm

GeneralRam

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quality?

Would ward get in any of the teams finishing in the top 6 this season? For me no he wouldn't so therefore he isn't good enough if we are aiming to be up there.

Don't get me wrong he has done well for us on loan but that's in a poor side who have won 4 out of there last 27 games. I think he will be a good player for the bench but I think quality player is extreme.

I think he'd be a pesky threat,sniping in and around someone like Danny Graham.Roy Mac remembers him as a good finisher.With those 2 up top,opposition back lines wouldn't get a moment's peace.If DG landed alongside a really decent midfielder,I could really start to warm towards our owners.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were in for Norris and McAuley - they've just left Ipswich. Norris would fill the role of experienced midfielder, and McAuley's a decent defender.

Norris really impressed me this season, would be a good signing in my opinion.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were in for Norris and McAuley - they've just left Ipswich. Norris would fill the role of experienced midfielder, and McAuley's a decent defender.

Clough's also talked of having the right character-no better person to mark his card than RK there.

Quality?

Would ward get in any of the teams finishing in the top 6 this season? For me no he wouldn't so therefore he isn't good enough if we are aiming to be up there.

Don't get me wrong he has done well for us on loan but that's in a poor side who have won 4 out of there last 27 games. I think he will be a good player for the bench but I think quality player is extreme.

As with comments knocking Barker who has been exceptional on one leg and not able to train and put his body on the line for us.

My manager is a Sheff Utd fan and basically his downfall was he got a back injury and then fell out with Blackwell and Speed and did not get a chance. Then he decided to leave. This leads to no real match practice yet he has been arguably our best player since he has been here. Is definately an improvement to the side and will make an impact next season

I remember listening to 606 the same weekend as we beat swansea, and a liverpool fan said ayala is better than krygiakos and couldnt understand why he was on loan at lowly derby.

especially if they pursue with playing the likes of kelly and spearing a lot next season, then maybe they will want to play ayala and keep hold of him.

im not overly hopeful of getting him back on loan.

might be time for clough to kiss some serious daglish bottom

player of the year? (2011)

funny cos i was thinking that a week ago. every time i've seen ward in a derby shirt he is exciting, agressive and never seems to stop running. he seems to track all the way back and help out roberts. maybe this is why roberts looked poor early in the season? commons just wouldn't bother getting back as deep to help out. however i think he will be a fans favourite but a bit of an unsung hero.

after watching the QPR game i thought robinson looked half a footballer and completely clueless. he reminded me of a deer in the headlights. all run, run run and no real product but hell, if he is our player then fair enough. i can see him playing a lot of positions that clough wants to mold into his player.

fielding as said is an amazing signing if the 250k is true. i really think he could be our best keeper since poom.

as a start u can't complain. how many other clubs have signed 3 players today? i really hope we get norris as well.

Fees for all three players are undisclosed but it is believed Derby have splashed out around £900,000 in total on the trio.

Good business certainly.

What does that imply about the loan system though? I'm sure we would have shelled out a good proportion of that figure for their sevices in the season just gone, which looks like wasted money. Yet, in these cases it seems that those loans were extended trials, so much less of a waste. Also they should all settle sooner than completely new players.

Agree - £900k is pretty good value for the 3, considering that I'd have been happy to pay that for Ward and Fielding alone, and as mentioned, I'm surprised that we didn't end up paying that for Fielding alone!

Hopefully this leaves plenty of $$$ left for other signings where we may have to pay a little bit more.

Good business certainly.

What does that imply about the loan system though? I'm sure we would have shelled out a good proportion of that figure for their sevices in the season just gone, which looks like wasted money. Yet, in these cases it seems that those loans were extended trials, so much less of a waste. Also they should all settle sooner than completely new players.

Yes, it was good to have a close look at them without having signed them. I would think that maybe their parent clubs paid towards their wages but either way more than happy with the signings so far.

Have to say I am a fan of Theo (tin hat on) as he is a trier. I know that is not enough but hopefully now he has got his future sorted he can relax a little and concentrate on not running around like a headless chicken! He has looked really nervous since he arrived and was maybe trying too hard to impress. Nige needs to put a hand on his shoulder and let him know that he can put all that to one side now, have a good pre-season and regain some composure.

At the end of the day the (undisclosed) price we have paid for Theo will reflect his standing as a goalscorer (ie we have not paid millions) but he DID bring something to the team that we lacked all season and that is pace up front

I don’t really understand how anyone can be unhappy with him being signed.

Yes - his finishing isn’t brilliant, but if it was then he would be at a bigger club than Derby with pace like that!

The million pound striker is yet to come an he will LOVE the opportunities that Theo creates for him by putting opposition defences into panic mode

It seems Robinsons fate is already sealed, no-one is willing to give him a chance.. fantastic support,

This is a discussion forum mate.

It's a good place to discuss our fears and hopes no?

Why would anyone say he's good when he's not.

A forum is for discussion among Derby fans. Support is something people save for matchdays. And come matchday, i expect Theo Robinson to get plenty of support from everyone except those that probably aren't even signed up to a forum because they are probably one dimensional Saturday afternoon Derby fans who can't see further than their own nose.

This is as good a place as any to voice our concerns amongst fellow Derby fans.

He had a a little run late on against Leeds, which lead to B. Davies having a shot saved.

Pace got him to a ball, which the Leeds player was clear favourite to get to, Theo outjumped him, headed it on and ran off toward goal...and actually decided to roll the ball into Davies, rather than running into a blind alley for a change!

I saw enough in that one run to suggest that there's a decent player in there somewhere...

Yes, Davies should have buried that. He has shown flashes and I think that a lot of his mistakes are born of nerves and an eagerness to do everything a little bit too quickly. As I said earlier, he needs a quiet word and time to settle and I think we will see a much more rounded player next season..................if the boo boys give him a proper chance

He had a a little run late on against Leeds, which lead to B. Davies having a shot saved.

Pace got him to a ball, which the Leeds player was clear favourite to get to, Theo outjumped him, headed it on and ran off toward goal...and actually decided to roll the ball into Davies, rather than running into a blind alley for a change!

I saw enough in that one run to suggest that there's a decent player in there somewhere...

I remember that.

There might well be a good player in there somewhere. And i don't wish any ill fate on the player at all.

But judging by our recent finishes in the Championship. Judging by our transfer strategy in the past. Looking at our current squad (which included Robinson and Ward anyway). I don't think we're in the position to gamble. Billy Sharp would be a gamble. Danny Graham would be a gamble. Any player is a gamble. But at least those..... less raw?.... players maximise the chances of carrying on their quality.

But i will admit, if the gamble pays off then we have a very fast striker like we've not had in many, many years. A shame Hulse or Howard aren't here to compliment him.

If the gamble fails, i wont be running around happy screaming "i told you so" at people either. I'll be dissapointed. I want the best for Derby.

Archived