Transfer news Radio Derby 4pm

GeneralRam

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robinson won't be a starter if we sign him, and we all agree he's looked ok when he's come on as a sub. Which appears to be what we're signing him for. And for the price we're paying for him he's probably worth it.

Very useful to bring on late in the game when players are tired-opposition daren't leave him one on one.Even a plastic cup left upfield can be handy:D

That's exactly what Robinson is good at. It takes a lot of motivation to run at defenders and force them into a pass. It doesn't always end up with you receiving the ball or forcing a mistake, probably less than 10% of the time it comes off, but Theo is on it every time. Given more time, he also blocks the path to the opponents team mate.

Things like that, like i say, require a lot of motivation and most players just don't have it. Look at Chris Porter for an example, ok, he's not as quick but he regularly gave up the chase after no success.

Improving your touch, passing accuracy and shooting accuracy is much easier.

Very chuffed with all 3 signings, roll on the next 6/8.

my penny's worth

Ward and Fielding...yes echo all others, well pleased. Robinson...the composure of a tourettes ridden hamster with parkinsons disease (no slight on genuine sufferers intended).....lets hope Nigel can find a cure....

Theo if you are reading this....I was at Boro on a cold tuesday night when you blazed one over from 10 yards with only the goal posts to beat......learn and learn quick :mad:

Also lets cut Theo some slack...against Burnley everyone was raving him up saying how great he was!! Yes he has the * and looks not the best infront of goal but us lot getting on his back wont help his confidence!! Hopefully if he can have a good summer and work on his touch etc he can be a good player for us next year!

My view 3 great signings from respectable clubs!

Also lets cut Theo some slack...against Burnley everyone was raving him up saying how great he was!! Yes he has the * and looks not the best infront of goal but us lot getting on his back wont help his confidence!! Hopefully if he can have a good summer and work on his touch etc he can be a good player for us next year!

My view 3 great signings from respectable clubs!

Millwall a respectable club? are you having a laugh? bunch of brainless racist thugs, how they get away with it every time god knows......this is from someone who got locked in their ground for an hour or so after our playoff semi-final win whilst they were let out to smash the car park up (remember the radio derby car!) and that was after they had attacked our players on the pitch!

They keep on doing it year after year and the good old FA says...there there do behave....

Yes I know its a supposed "minority" of fans....seems a bigger bl**dy minority than just about any other club!

Rant Over:)

Millwall a respectable club? are you having a laugh? bunch of brainless racist thugs, how they get away with it every time god knows......this is from someone who got locked in their ground for an hour or so after our playoff semi-final win whilst they were let out to smash the car park up (remember the radio derby car!) and that was after they had attacked our players on the pitch!

They keep on doing it year after year and the good old FA says...there there do behave....

Yes I know its a supposed "minority" of fans....seems a bigger bl**dy minority than just about any other club!

Rant Over:)

when I said respectable I meant on the pitch! I dont look at where players come from and think of the fans. Milwall have had a great season, nearly getting in the play-offs and looked a good force on the pitch...to me thats quite a respectable club

Robinson is awful and the fact 80% of people on here don't like him is a testament to that.

And when we get our usual injuries, sometime in the summer before the players have even returned for pre-season training, then Theo will be starting.

Complete waste of money.

Not "everyone was raving him up".

Some people have never seen anything from Robinson to inspire any faith him.

I genuinely hope he comes good. His goal scoring record isn't as shabby as i imagined. So maybe he can rediscover an eye for goal.

Millwall only actually got him this season. It's still this season and they have let him go. That doesn't give me too much confidence. Plus, i've been horrified at his first touch. He's faster than Pearson. But worse on the ball. There is nothing about his game that i personally like.

It's only opinion.

I wont start tearing into people who like him. I don't expect people to tear into others that don't. I do think we should ALL support him though in a match. I don't like Robinson but the cheering of his substitution v Bristol was not very helpful.

But if a player isn't good enough, and in some peoples eyes, looks like he never will be good enough, then why can't they say so on a discussion forum? As long as they can get behind him on a Saturday i think that's fine.

I reckon he'll cause more stress than Pearson and Teale have. That's just an opinion.

...Also, a lot of people saying he is worth the gamble.

Possibly, but only if you like a big gamble. We've seen him. He's been poor. Are we really in the financial position to send a bit of Nigels funds to Millwall for that? Like StaffsRam has been saying. That money could be put elsewhere.

It's not as if we're looking good for next season either. Judging by our previous finishes in this division we're going to be one of the favorites to go down.

Every player is a gamble. But in our current position should we be taking gambles this big? In a financial sense and footballing sense it's too much. If we finished 7th, had a goalscorer, played good football with very obviously solid Championship players. Then i'd say gamble. We'll have enough to be compettitive even if it fails. But we're in no position to gamble imo. We lost more games than any other side left in this division didn't we?

Agree with the general posts here, Fielding will only get better, Ward a proper fighter (can we please stop singing wonder ward though?). Theo questionable as a first choice, but a good second string striker, perhaps can develop and put that pace to good use.

Anty chance we can keep a hold of Ayala? ;)

Agree with the general posts here, Fielding will only get better, Ward a proper fighter (can we please stop singing wonder ward though?). Theo questionable as a first choice, but a good second string striker, perhaps can develop and put that pace to good use.

Anty chance we can keep a hold of Ayala? ;)

I thought we were trying to get him on a season long loan deal or that's what was being touted about.

I REALLY think Ward does, quality player.

Quality?

Would ward get in any of the teams finishing in the top 6 this season? For me no he wouldn't so therefore he isn't good enough if we are aiming to be up there.

Don't get me wrong he has done well for us on loan but that's in a poor side who have won 4 out of there last 27 games. I think he will be a good player for the bench but I think quality player is extreme.

Quality?

Would ward get in any of the teams finishing in the top 6 this season? For me no he wouldn't so therefore he isn't good enough if we are aiming to be up there.

Don't get me wrong he has done well for us on loan but that's in a poor side who have won 4 out of there last 27 games. I think he will be a good player for the bench but I think quality player is extreme.

5 goals in 13 games especially in a poor side is better than bench quality. That's 15+ a season form.

And 2 of those goals were absolute screamers. People would have been creaming their pants if Taraabt had scored them.

Re Robinson - I'm not thrilled, but bottom line, he's pretty much here so we may as well try and get behind him. Otherwise it's going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy - we'll destroy his confidence and then he'll prove to be as poor as we fear.

Can't see Liverpool cashing in on Ayala - he'll be out on loan somewhere again next season. A good number of Liverpool fans have been shouting to have him recalled of late with their injuries at the back.

Mate at college supports Liverpool and thinks he is pure class and wants him in the first team.:rolleyes::eek:

Archived