Transfer news Radio Derby 4pm

GeneralRam

these 3 dont improve the team as they are part of the team which finished 19th. and you can lower that because we wont finish above all 3 promoted league 1 teams and i suspect our form after selling commons was lower than 19th as well. So we really need some quality in the remaining 5 or so signings otherwise we are in for another rotten season.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
these 3 dont improve the team as they are part of the team which finished 19th. and you can lower that because we wont finish above all 3 promoted league 1 teams and i suspect our form after selling commons was lower than 19th as well. So we really need some quality in the remaining 5 or so signings otherwise we are in for another rotten season.

Fielding has hardly played this season and when he has we have looked a much better team. Clearly Derby's best keeper this season. Ward hasn't been here very long at all, but has stood head and shoulders above everyone else as man of the match for most games he played. I would say Fielding and Ward are great signing. We need nine other players now of their quality and we might get somewhere.

Robinson is rubbish. I still hope that deal falls through.

This is a discussion forum mate.

It's a good place to discuss our fears and hopes no?

Why would anyone say he's good when he's not.

A forum is for discussion among Derby fans. Support is something people save for matchdays. And come matchday, i expect Theo Robinson to get plenty of support from everyone except those that probably aren't even signed up to a forum because they are probably one dimensional Saturday afternoon Derby fans who can't see further than their own nose.

This is as good a place as any to voice our concerns amongst fellow Derby fans.

Well the deals gone through, so what's the point in acting like a child over it moaning all the time? why can't we just draw a line under his other performances and give the lad a chance. I know some people like to say everyone is ****, until they leave and then moan about letting them go (hulse and commons, for example).

I'm just getting sick and tired over the tedious comments on here, it's just so boring and brings me to the point where I am embarrassed by the 'support' for the club, the numbers we get is fantastic.. the support they generate is another matter!

Well the deals gone through, so what's the point in acting like a child over it moaning all the time? why can't we just draw a line under his other performances and give the lad a chance. I know some people like to say everyone is ****, until they leave and then moan about letting them go (hulse and commons, for example).

I'm just getting sick and tired over the tedious comments on here, it's just so boring and brings me to the point where I am embarrassed by the 'support' for the club, the numbers we get is fantastic.. the support they generate is another matter!

It's just a messageboard mate. It where people come to express their opinions, not really to show support. Some people will support every player on a Saturday and then come on here for a grumble, only to get back next Saturday and support the players again.

There are always going to be opinions and such that others don't like.

Wait until Tyson and Bowyer sign!

:p;)

Who is this "bar one" then? Lower league player, so could be Murray?

Also, why is it that only in football terms like "derisory" and "Irons in the fire" and dare i say "stella signings" are used?

And everybody 'swoops' to sign players even if they've been after them for months!

Who is this "bar one" then? Lower league player, so could be Murray??

Le Fondre! i wanted this to happen last season so now they are mentioning 6-8 players and one being from a lower league i can start hoping again. or did he say the one from the lower league was on a free?

This is a bizarre read.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13296477.stm

'Derby County manager Nigel Clough has laughed off talk Michael Owen will move to Pride Park and reiterated his desire to sign experienced players'. As opposed to Owen who has played at the highest level?!

Not that I believe we have a chance of getting him, and of we did his wages would be stupid money!

But Clough told BBC Radio Derby: "There are silly names going to be bandied around but we've identified our targets and we are working on them.

"Some [targets] are going to be more ridiculous than others and certainly Michael Owen fits into that category." What?!

"We have done our work in the lower leagues in the last couple of seasons and bought potential but we have stated in the last few months that the players now have to be established Championship players and that's where they'll come from." YAY!

I assume that Nigel mean's players who're experienced in the Championship, which Owen isn't. Besides, his wages would no doubt be astronomical, and we run the obvious risk of him spending more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. Think we've had enough of those types of players in recent years.

I assume that Nigel mean's players who're experienced in the Championship, which Owen isn't. Besides, his wages would no doubt be astronomical, and we run the obvious risk of him spending more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. Think we've had enough of those types of players in recent years.

Yeah I agree. I mean as much as a fit Owen would tear the championship a new a-hole, he is a liability with injuries and we've just cut silly wages. I just wish we would look a bit higher, I mean clubs from the prem have players like Scott Sinclair who has been brilliant for Swansea, I think experienced players tends to mean players that clubs don't really want anymore. Ah well, I hope we get a couple of really good players to build around, and unlike some people, I'll stick with the club regardless.

Archived