Season Ticket Money Back Guarantee!

Hartley Hare

The club have announced they'll offer a money back guarantee to all fans who have bought a season ticket for next season but are not happy with the look of the squad before the first game of the season. This has been announced on RD, but I can't find anything yet on the OS. It implies that, as before, Clough intends to get his new players in early.

Does any of this change anyone's mind regarding buying a season ticket for next season? The fact that you can buy with the early bird discount, and get your money back if you're not happy with the players brought in and let go? Sounds like a very innovative idea to me, and is a sign of the confidence the club has in making some positive steps on the pitch next season.

Thoughts?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent marketing ploy.

Could indicate investment in the squad.

Could indicate an agreed sale. GSE ensure they get the money and pass the problem on to someone else.

Could be that they figure that most people won't ask for a refund in any circumstances once they've already got their tickets. If a couple of hundred do it will be offset by the couple of thousand that renewed on the back of the 'guarantee' and decided to keep their tickets anyway.

Only time will tell.

Ramblur and I you mean boycie?

Originally Posted by ramblur

I suspect they're basing this on various email claims (allegedly by Appleby) that £25m has been put in,and averaged it over 3 years.If the £25m is correct then one might anticipate rather more than £8m in 09/10 and correspondingly less this year,otherwise it looks a bit suspicious.

Their suggestion (RT) that earlybird renewal deadline be extended was interesting.My challenge to the owners would be to offer an unconditional refund guarantee to early renewals,if exercised before the start of the season.This,I suggest,would swell the number of renewals significantly-if they were then hit by a large number of renewals it would be their own fault.

There's a good question -how many who've decided not to renew,or are wavering,would change their minds if a cast iron guarantee were in place?

Ramblur,

I have emailed Tom Glick and asked him to consider the idea of a refund to those who renew early.

The only change I made was to ask that it be extended to the end of the transfer window rather than the start of the season, (refund would be minus any home games before end of the window).

I will let you know if I get a response.

If it actually happens I will, of course, take full credit for the idea and do an open top bus tour of the city.

Sounds like a great idea in theory, but you can bet your life the devil will be in the detail. Imagine the get-out clauses they will insert to stop you regaining your cash if we sign another load of lower league 'talent' or ancient journeymen.

Ramblur and I you mean boycie?

Heres the link.......

Originally Posted by ramblur

I suspect they're basing this on various email claims (allegedly by Appleby) that £25m has been put in,and averaged it over 3 years.If the £25m is correct then one might anticipate rather more than £8m in 09/10 and correspondingly less this year,otherwise it looks a bit suspicious.

Their suggestion (RT) that earlybird renewal deadline be extended was interesting.My challenge to the owners would be to offer an unconditional refund guarantee to early renewals,if exercised before the start of the season.This,I suggest,would swell the number of renewals significantly-if they were then hit by a large number of renewals it would be their own fault.

There's a good question -how many who've decided not to renew,or are wavering,would change their minds if a cast iron guarantee were in place?

Ramblur,

I have emailed Tom Glick and asked him to consider the idea of a refund to those who renew early.

The only change I made was to ask that it be extended to the end of the transfer window rather than the start of the season, (refund would be minus any home games before end of the window).

I will let you know if I get a response.

If it actually happens I will, of course, take full credit for the idea and do an open top bus tour of the city.

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/search.php?searchid=137434&pp=25&page=8

Tom Glick on R D now

they are investing more money in the squad and aim to be top 6 next season, they have listened to the fans hence the 'pledge' that was only decided yesterday. we need strikers, leadership, midfield, defence.

Will be ready to move quickly when the window opens, some will be out of contract players,some may be names that will excite and some that you will say wait and see.

We won't be the biggest spenders in the divison but will be spending more than this year.

We know we need to spend the money to get the type of players we need.

Nigel's our guy and we will be pushing for playoffs, players respond to him it's self evident if you were behind the doors at Moor Farm.

We will have a more exciting winning squad.

Judge us by our actions.

Tom Glick on R D now

they are investing more money in the squad and aim to be top 6 next season, they have listened to the fans hence the 'pledge' that was only decided yesterday. we need strikers, leadership, midfield, defence.

Will be ready to move quickly when the window opens, some will be out of contract players,some may be names that will excite and some that you will say wait and see.

We won't be the biggest spenders in the divison but will be spending more than this year.

Nigel's our guy and we will be pushing for playoffs, players respond to him it's self evident if you were behind the doors at Moor Farm.

Judge us by our actions.

Bookmarked!

Tom Glick on R D now

Judge us by our actions.

isn't that just what he said this time last year?

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Cashback-offer-table-Rams-fans/article-3368816-detail/article.html

DERBY County are offering fans a "money back guarantee" if they are not happy with the business done by the club in the transfer market this summer.

Rams chief executive Tom Glick has told supporters that anyone who buys a season ticket for the 2011-12 campaign can claim a full refund at any time up until the opening match, should they not be satisfied with the players added to the first-team squad.

Glick says the club's owners have invested £24m of their own money since their arrival in January 2008 and are prepared to provide a fresh cash injection in a bid to launch a genuine promotion challenge next term.

"We'd like people to judge us not on what we say but by our actions – and by the side that we put together," said Glick.

"So we're prepared to be held accountable for that.

"One season ticket holder has asked if we would consider something along the lines of a money back guarantee – and I'm happy to do that.

"So if they're not happy with the side we put together, right up until the first day of the season, they can come down and get their money back.

"We expect to put a side together that is capable of competing in the top six and we hope that will be self-evident with the moves that we make.

"But if the fans don't think so and they just can't see it in their hearts of hearts, we'd be happy to give them their money back.

"It is a risk but, for us, the bigger risk is not putting together a winning team."

The Rams have also put back their early bird season ticket renewal deadline from May 1 to May 15, so fans can establish which division the team will be in before committing themselves.

On the day the Rams published their latest accounts, Glick admitted he was not satisfied with the progress made on the pitch this season – Derby are 17th in the Championship table with eight games to go – but added that more cash would be made available for players over the coming months.

"I am aware and the owners are aware how the fans feel," he said.

"We are aware of their disappointment, whether it's someone who has been out protesting, whether it's somebody who left a game early because they were unhappy at how we were playing, or whether you just went home quietly and are a bit apathetic about what's going on right now.

"We're aware of how you feel – but what's important is that they know that we're not satisfied with where we are. We're determined to go further.

"We expect to play winning football, we expect to put an exciting team out. We haven't done that consistently this season and we're well below where we expected to be in the league table.

"First of all, we need to have a strong finish to this season and make sure we get safe.

"Then, we need to put together a side that will compete in the top six next year. That is going to mean bringing in better players."

Glick, who once more reiterated the board's support for manager Nigel Clough, added: "To put it simply, we will be spending more money on next season's squad to get better players and better results than we have done this season.

"The owners have worked too hard to get this club in great financial shape and stable in so many other ways, and put in so much money so far that to stop now would make no sense.

"So they have resolved to continue to go further.

"This is a great football club, with tremendous potential, and while it may not seem it right now, we're not that far away.

"It just needs that continued dedication and more cash, which is now coming, to help push us over the edge.

"We're quite excited about the future and determined to see this through."

During the year ending June 2010, the Rams recorded a loss of £2.2m, compared with a loss of almost £15m for the previous 12 months.

The figures showed the club's debt was reduced from £22.3m to £19.1m, although Glick says that figure is now £15m – the mortgage on Pride Park Stadium – after income from season ticket sales was used to pay back part of the sum after the end of June.

Turnover was marginally down £1.5m from £31.3m to £29.8m, mainly as a result of the success in domestic cup competitions during the 2008-9 season.

The wage bill for players was reduced from £15.5m to £10.5m – and is said to currently stand at just over £9m.

Glick feels Derby can gain success on the pitch while maintaining "responsible" finances.

"We have a notion that it is possible to have a club that is stable financially that is also competing on the pitch," he said.

"If you look at the table right now, there are three clubs – Swansea, Norwich and Leeds – who are either spending less or the same as Derby on their squads – that are in the top six and going for promotion.

"They are showing that you can actually do more with less.

"Having said that, we know we need to spend more right now to put a better squad in place and the owners are resolved and determined to do it.

"So many things are healthy at this football club – more than they were three years ago – but we're not winning enough matches on the pitch yet.

"Our job is to do that and get the club promoted, while still operating responsibly."

Sounds like a great idea in theory, but you can bet your life the devil will be in the detail. Imagine the get-out clauses they will insert to stop you regaining your cash if we sign another load of lower league 'talent' or ancient journeymen.

How about....just for once...go on be a devil...you take it for what it is...An UNBELIVEABLY GENEROUS offer... It is an outstanding idea, and one that, not even the dumbest, blinded "board out" fool can say ANYTHING against.....

Fair play to them for doing it, they are obviously serious about investing, so get off their backs by whining about "get out clauses" etc

isn't that just what he said this time last year?

no totally different:

Derby County 'could top Barker fee' for right player

Friday, April 02, 2010, 07:30

DERBY County could top the transfer fee they paid for Shaun Barker this summer, according to chief executive Tom Glick.

Barker joined the Rams last summer from Blackpool in a deal worth £900,000.

And Glick says they could go higher than that at the end of this season – for the right player.

Manager Nigel Clough has already identified possible transfer targets as he plans for next season.

"We've been planning since January, with next season in mind, as well as surviving in the Championship," said Glick.

"We have a chart of multiple targets in all the key positions and, ultimately, Nigel and his team will decide which ones they want to pull the trigger on.

"Some could be player outs of contract, on free transfers but we might pay a transfer fee more than what we paid for Shaun Barker if we get the right player.

"There are some targets that we have who would cost us more."

Derby are also likely to utilise the loan market once more, as they have done this season.

"We may also look at doing one or maybe two season-long loans, if we can find the right player," Glick added.

"We will use loans again. We may not use as many as we have this season but I do think that if we can get the right character in on a loan deal, they could fit in very nicely."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Derby-County-Barker-fee-right-player/article-1964838-detail/article.html

Archived