Season Ticket Money Back Guarantee!

Hartley Hare

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move. I'd be interested to see how many refunds there are - I bet very, very few, even if people have concerns over the squad.

They are obviously pretty serious about investing this Summer, and they badly need to if we are to compete in the top 6, or even top half. Fair play to them. Hopefully this will mean we'll get Fielding and Le Fondre - pretty decent start.

That, coupled with half of forest's team being out of contract at the end of this season (we might inherit some?), hopefully means we can catch them next year.

And the sun is shining

And I've just had a lovely sandwich

I currently love my life.

I've not yet read through everyone else's responses, but when I saw it on the news, the thing that jumped out at me was "by the first game of the season".

Well, at that point last year we hadn't sold and failed to replace our leading goalscorer. As so many deals get done on the last day (especially where selling clubs are holding out for a better deal than Derby's traditionally ***** offer), then if I was going to take advantage of this deal, I'd want to see if run until the transfer window closes.

Good move. I'd be interested to see how many refunds there are - I bet very, very few, even if people have concerns over the squad.

They are obviously pretty serious about investing this Summer, and they badly need to if we are to compete in the top 6, or even top half. Fair play to them. Hopefully this will mean we'll get Fielding and Le Fondre - pretty decent start.

That, coupled with half of forest's team being out of contract at the end of this season (we might inherit some?), hopefully means we can catch them next year.

And the sun is shining

And I've just had a lovely sandwich

I currently love my life.

Fielding and Le Fondre would be a helluva start, add Ayala to that list and your on your way to a very very good championship team. Brayford, Bailey and Cywka have all had a year in the championship and will only get better as well. Here's hoping for proper investment

i've got a better idea, why not wait untill you have seen who's coming in before you renew your season ticket.

That way this board will have to invest some of their own money upfront and the fans won't have to start haggling to get their money back when the expected ' quality' signings don't materialise.

It Glick's job to sell season tickets at this time of year what did everyone expect him to be saying?

new owners please

i've got a better idea, why not wait untill you have seen who's coming in before you renew your season ticket.

That way this board will have to invest some of their own money upfront and the fans won't have to start haggling to get their money back when the expected ' quality' signings don't materialise.

It Glick's job to sell season tickets at this time of year what did everyone expect him to be saying?

new owners please

Well they do have a week between transfer window opening on 9th May and renewal deadline dau

new owners please

Because we might sign players after the first day of the season?

They'll have to invest their own money anyway if we are going to make significant strides - this squad needs more money spent on it then ST sales/renewals - that won't all be spent on recruitment.

getting rid of him is up there with getting rid of Chris Powell .......as completely crazy things to do.....

Now there's something you & I completely agree on. Powell going was down to him wanting to be closer to family down south but why Jewell thought it'd be a good idea to flog the only midfielder with any skill/vision is beyond me. Wasn't Oakley our top scorer during our w**k Prem season with something like 3 goals???

As for your money back I'm it'll come with some strict T&Cs so they don't have to honour it but we'll see what happens. Both the board & Nigel have got me slightly back onside by realising that Bywater is sh1te and wanting to sign Fielding up on a permanent

new owners please

http://content.bored.com/photos/prozac

Try some of this .....the glass will then be half full;):D

Pete, you have to put this into some context. We don't have Commons and Hulse to "lose" this summer, or anyone of similar importance to the team, so why be concerned about it? Would you be unhappy if we signed a good Champ forward before August, then sold Porter after the first game? I wouldn't.

I've not yet read through everyone else's responses, but when I saw it on the news, the thing that jumped out at me was "by the first game of the season".

Well, at that point last year we hadn't sold and failed to replace our leading goalscorer. As so many deals get done on the last day (especially where selling clubs are holding out for a better deal than Derby's traditionally ***** offer), then if I was going to take advantage of this deal, I'd want to see if run until the transfer window closes.

The difference is, this year we havent got anyone left to sell.

To me its a great marketing ploy, up their with bringing an unproven manager in, that appeased the fans because of his name.

It wont make any difference to me, because I will renew whatever, but I await to see if we bring in anybody that will improve the squad.

If this happens then I will change my view of the board (to a certain extend) and then wait to see if Nigel is the right man for the job with the correct tools to do it.

new owners please

so your moaning because Glick is trying to do his job, while giving the fans an incredibly good offer. ridiculous

How about....just for once...go on be a devil...you take it for what it is...An UNBELIVEABLY GENEROUS offer... It is an outstanding idea, and one that, not even the dumbest, blinded "board out" fool can say ANYTHING against.....

Fair play to them for doing it, they are obviously serious about investing, so get off their backs by whining about "get out clauses" etc

OK, say you've had a load of bad meals at my restaurant and I invite you back saying I've improved things and I'd give you a full refund if you didn't agree - providing you tell me before the main course comes out.

Are you coming or not?

I think this is a very fair offer by the board. However I am not at all convinced that Nigel Clough has sufficient contacts, scouting set up or knowledge of the game at this level to be able to spend any money wisely.

If Glick gives him money to spend on transfers and he buys a mottley collection of ex non leagers again and lots of fans ask for their money back, I think his days will certainly be numbered.

Glick made the point that Several of the promotion contenders have a lower budget than we do, which is another indictment of the way Clough has spent his money I'm afraid.

Pete, you have to put this into some context. We don't have Commons and Hulse to "lose" this summer, or anyone of similar importance to the team, so why be concerned about it? Would you be unhappy if we signed a good Champ forward before August, then sold Porter after the first game? I wouldn't.

Pardon my French but I'd fookin ecstatic!!!

OK, say you've had a load of bad meals at my restaurant and I invite you back saying I've improved things and I'd give you a full refund if you didn't agree - providing you tell me before the main course comes out.

Are you coming or not?

people constantly criticise Glick for treating Derby like a business, what are you doing? We are not a restaurant, we're a football club, we're an institution. People shouldn't have to be convinced to renew, it should be in their blood. This offer just makes it even easier to decide, what's your problem?

Archived