Season Ticket Money Back Guarantee!

Hartley Hare

How about....just for once...go on be a devil...you take it for what it is...An UNBELIVEABLY GENEROUS offer... It is an outstanding idea, and one that, not even the dumbest, blinded "board out" fool can say ANYTHING against.....

Fair play to them for doing it, they are obviously serious about investing, so get off their backs by whining about "get out clauses" etc

We asked, Tom Glick has delivered.

I e-mailed him after reading ramblurs idea on here.

This one is purely down to dcfcfans forum. Take a bow one and all!!:D:D:D

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to be honest I can not find any difference

No mention of loans, say WILL invest in transfer fees and getting the best out of contract players and running a healthy wage bill.

Last season he said we COULD top a barker type fee for the right player and USE loans

A couple of differences there.

I think it's a great idea, very innovative and quite brave. It asks the public to get behind the club, but the club have got to be confident that they'll be giving the fans something to get behind before the start of the season. For the fans it's practically risk free - but the club could lose face and revenue if they don't deliver.

No mention of loans, say WILL invest in transfer fees and getting the best out of contract players and running a healthy wage bill.

Last season he said we COULD top a barker type fee for the right player and USE loans

A couple of differences there.

Ok, davenport, i will be back with that post in August :p

Not saying the end result will be different but the statements are different.

You can come back with that post all you like it won't make my post wrong, just that the board may not have done what they said. :p

They stuck by their word last season, brought in loans and less of them.They claim to have topped a Barker type bid, spent a combined Barker fee on Brayford and Bailey (I know not all up front but neither was Barkers fee), bid for Sammon in January and purchased Davies.

Let's just see what happens, but whatever happens they have made a statement of intent, and backed that up with a promise of refund if they don't deliver it.

Wouldn't be surprised if we haven't lined up 1 or 2 on pre-contract agreements already. I think I am right in saying you can talk to the players from January onwards?

Maybe we have one exciting one and Glick is confident that it will make the fans stick with it?

How about....just for once...go on be a devil...you take it for what it is...An UNBELIVEABLY GENEROUS offer... It is an outstanding idea, and one that, not even the dumbest, blinded "board out" fool can say ANYTHING against.....

Fair play to them for doing it, they are obviously serious about investing, so get off their backs by whining about "get out clauses" etc

Spot on...this hopefully shows:

1) They are prepared to invest

2) They are reacting to supporters complaints from this season

3) They are serious about competing and growing next season

Hats off to them to be fair

Is it the fan who decides if the squad doesn't meet their estimations? It's a big risk, anything can happen in the transfer market and some fans may not be as excited by some signings as the club are.

Be an interesting summer either way

I have to say this is a fantastic offer from the board, I hope every one else is as excited as I am. Well done Uttox and ramblur for doing something positive and not just whinging and whining....;):D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QjhMFKRvyqo/SpP65f74JeI/AAAAAAAACRA/XlGn4nRErpw/s320/jaffa-cakes

The last time I helped to influence policy at DCFC was way back, (along with a few thousand others), by constantly invading the pitch leading to fences being erected round the BBG!

So yes frogggy wogggy, I'm chuffed to bits - ta for the jaffa's mate.:D

Ramblur and I you mean boycie?

Originally Posted by ramblur

I suspect they're basing this on various email claims (allegedly by Appleby) that £25m has been put in,and averaged it over 3 years.If the £25m is correct then one might anticipate rather more than £8m in 09/10 and correspondingly less this year,otherwise it looks a bit suspicious.

Their suggestion (RT) that earlybird renewal deadline be extended was interesting.My challenge to the owners would be to offer an unconditional refund guarantee to early renewals,if exercised before the start of the season.This,I suggest,would swell the number of renewals significantly-if they were then hit by a large number of renewals it would be their own fault.

There's a good question -how many who've decided not to renew,or are wavering,would change their minds if a cast iron guarantee were in place?

Ramblur,

I have emailed Tom Glick and asked him to consider the idea of a refund to those who renew early.

The only change I made was to ask that it be extended to the end of the transfer window rather than the start of the season, (refund would be minus any home games before end of the window).

I will let you know if I get a response.

If it actually happens I will, of course, take full credit for the idea and do an open top bus tour of the city.

Just to point out that I'd meant to say "hit by refunds" rather than that in bold type,otherwise it didn't make sense.Well done anyway,Uttox -I came up with the thought,but you were the action man.

This is of course a positive move,and they deserve credit for it.However,for those who get irritated that I don't always accept what they say,please look at this and compare with what was said about the debt:-

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/finances-fine-health/article-1275688-detail/article.html

I'm fairly certain Glick also claimed the debt to be down to £15m in April 2010.

I also notice the investment seems to have dropped from £25m previously quoted to £24m.I'm wondering if they're relying on a train of thought that goes along the lines of:-'they invested roughly £8m in each of the previous 2 years,so it looks reasonable that a further £8m was put in this year'. I'll believe it when I see it in black and white.

I think it's a very noble gesture by the board and deserves commending.

It's a positive reaction to the negativity that has hampered the club this season - I can't think of many other football clubs that would reach out to their fans in this manner.

Fairplay to them for backing Nigel through thick & thin, and listening to/considering the feedback they've had.

Archived