Chris Maquire

davenportram

sorry but it is, stats define what are good players and bad players, stats don't define however who will fit in a team unit but you could make a guess. srg the assists is a stat which you have proven to make a case for this guy, personally i don't think this is a worthwhile signing, plenty of people who have done brilliantly in scotland have failed here, this guy has done ok in scotland nothing more and we are buying him, i would rather us spend our time on experienced proven championship players of which we were promised.

Graham Dorrans and Robert Snodgrass were average scottish young players now both are brilliant key players within their squad! If the best thing to do was to recruit players on stats then Cloughie wouldn't need to leave his computer.

sign Sebastian Ribas - 23 goals in ligue 2 and Federico Pivoaccari - 21 goals in serie b, there in 3 minutes I've saved us a 2 week+ job and money in travel and housing!

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Graham Dorrans and Robert Snodgrass were average scottish young players now both are brilliant key players within their squad! If the best thing to do was to recruit players on stats then Cloughie wouldn't need to leave his computer.

sign Sebastian Ribas - 23 goals in ligue 2 and Federico Pivoaccari - 21 goals in serie b, there in 3 minutes I've saved us a 2 week+ job and money in travel and housing!

Excellent work there, it's so easy isn't it?:)

We've been linked with a few Scots, alot of players who play for lower Championship teams and, well, that's it.

It's not exactly getting my anal juices flowing.....maybe all this is a ruse.

Word of the feckin day goes to me. Ruse not anal.

Might take til July 1st before we start with those signings.

What were Brayford and Bailey's stats before joining Derby?

What were Danny Graham's stats before he joined Watford?

What were Adel Taarabt's stats before joining QPR?

So we should only get players with good stats now, rather than recruit on potential?

no we should recruit on potential as well but if you buy just potential then it can go horribly wrong, tarrabt was deemed a good player with a bad attitude which killed him, not like maguire neccesarily. Danny graham had scored plenty of goals in league 1, i have advocated for such signings in the past e.g. lamber, holt and austin.

Aberdeen say they won't let Maguire leave for nothing, and the quoted figures are £400,000. If we say no to £400,000 but the player is out of contract, does it go to tribunal? if so, then surely the tribunal won't make us pay more than Aberdeen want?

Aberdeen say they won't let Maguire leave for nothing, and the quoted figures are £400,000. If we say no to £400,000 but the player is out of contract, does it go to tribunal? if so, then surely the tribunal won't make us pay more than Aberdeen want?

I think the tribunal will likely come up slightly less, but given the drawn out process then it's not usually worth it.

Aberdeen fan here. I'd also point out that Charlie Adam, Stephen Dobbie, Sol Bamba and Jason Scotland were also considered very average players in Scotland until they moved to the Championship.

Maguire's stats this season don't do him justice, as he played out wide for quite a few games, and he was playing in a quite frankly awful team. His qualities are he is very good technically, can strike a good dead ball, is a good finisher, he never gives defenders a moments peace. He'll also win you a lot of free-kicks and he makes a lot of goals for other players. He's been one of the few Dons players this season that has put in a shift in every game. In terms of his position, he's at his best playing just off a more powerful forward, but he can play out wide if need be.

On the downside, he's an arrogant so and so, and will often look for a spectacular goal rather than make an easy pass, which can be incredibly frustrating. He's also on the small side, so does get knocked of the ball quite a bit (although that side of his game has improved), and he dives a lot (although obviously that can be useful).

Personally, I think he'd be better off staying at Aberdeen for 1 more season and learning a bit more, but if you can get him playing to his potential, he's well capable of doing well down there.

On the downside, he's an arrogant so and so, and will often look for a spectacular goal rather than make an easy pass, which can be incredibly frustrating. He's also on the small side, so does get knocked of the ball quite a bit (although that side of his game has improved), and he dives a lot (although obviously that can be useful).

Derby 1-0 up at home in the dying moments, Maguire in possession, Clough shouting "Run it to the corner!!!" Maguire shoots from 40yds, easy save, keeper clears to any number of ex-derby players who always score against us.......... :p

The line "he never gives defenders a moments peace." is a massive plus, I think Nigel could mould this player into a top Championship player. Definitely worth a punt for £400,000.

Aberdeen fan here. I'd also point out that Charlie Adam, Stephen Dobbie, Sol Bamba and Jason Scotland were also considered very average players in Scotland until they moved to the Championship.

Maguire's stats this season don't do him justice, as he played out wide for quite a few games, and he was playing in a quite frankly awful team. His qualities are he is very good technically, can strike a good dead ball, is a good finisher, he never gives defenders a moments peace. He'll also win you a lot of free-kicks and he makes a lot of goals for other players. He's been one of the few Dons players this season that has put in a shift in every game. In terms of his position, he's at his best playing just off a more powerful forward, but he can play out wide if need be.

Personally, I think he'd be better off staying at Aberdeen for 1 more season and learning a bit more, but if you can get him playing to his potential, he's well capable of doing well down there.

Sounds a bit like Ward with the small, but never gives a moments peace etc.

Just something I like the sound of with him for some reason.

I think the tribunal will likely come up slightly less, but given the drawn out process then it's not usually worth it.

He can sign and play for us before the tribunal settles the fee. Like what happened with Steve Davies if my memory is correct (I could be wrong though) So it wouldn't matter how long and drawn the tribunal process is.

He can sign and play for us before the tribunal settles the fee. Like what happened with Steve Davies if my memory is correct (I could be wrong though) So it wouldn't matter how long and drawn the tribunal process is.

By that, I meant that it's effort and would cost money in itself to do. And, it's not always a guarantee, they may make you pay more, hence you probably settle on a median.

sorry but it is, stats define what are good players and bad players, stats don't define however who will fit in a team unit but you could make a guess. srg the assists is a stat which you have proven to make a case for this guy, personally i don't think this is a worthwhile signing, plenty of people who have done brilliantly in scotland have failed here, this guy has done ok in scotland nothing more and we are buying him, i would rather us spend our time on experienced proven championship players of which we were promised.

have you seen him play?

Archived