Chris Maquire

davenportram

Quote from a friend who is an Aberdeen fan:

[sIZE=12px]"Thinks he is better than he is, but he is a good player and now a full international. I don't want you guys to get him tbh, would like him to stay with us for a season or two then sell him for £1M+.

Not sure what sort of standard Derby play at but he is a good striker who can also play out wide."[/sIZE]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its always a gamble when you sign a player from scotland mainly because the champs is actually a more competitive league than the spl. Look at the scots who boro signed; i would have put money on boyd being a success at boro but it didnt work out for him, the same could be said for porter. Only time will tell whether he will be a good purchase and whether he can settle in but he certainly deserves to be judged on what he does for derby as to what he did in scotland. Personally i think he will struggle but im a forest fan........................ what do i know about football, lol ;)

None o' us huv a scooby doo aboot ony Scots, bit this wee mon seems tae huv it.

We wull a' gang dunderheided talking aboot it ainlie tae fin' oot that tha wee shitey bum haes signed fur wigan.

Quote from a friend who is an Aberdeen fan:

[sIZE=12px]"Thinks he is better than he is, but he is a good player and now a full international. I don't want you guys to get him tbh, would like him to stay with us for a season or two then sell him for £1M+.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]Not sure what sort of standard Derby play at but he is a good striker who can also play out wide."[/sIZE]

..he can play in the center circle too!

[sIZE=6][sIZE=25px]Levein tells Maguire to focus on Scotland[/sIZE][/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]CHRIS Maguire has been told to put country before club after Scotland manager Craig Levein turned down the Aberdeen attacker’s request to leave the national team to complete his move to English Championship side Derby County.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]Maguire made a request to leave the Scotland camp yesterday to have a medical with Nigel Clough’s side.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]The Rams have not opened talks with Aberdeen about a fee for the forward and are holding off until Maguire has passed a medical. The Dons forward had hoped to speed up the process by completing his formalities.[/sIZE]

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2278611?UserKey=

[sIZE=6][sIZE=25px]Levein tells Maguire to focus on Scotland[/sIZE][/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]CHRIS Maguire has been told to put country before club after Scotland manager Craig Levein turned down the Aberdeen attacker’s request to leave the national team to complete his move to English Championship side Derby County.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]Maguire made a request to leave the Scotland camp yesterday to have a medical with Nigel Clough’s side.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]The Rams have not opened talks with Aberdeen about a fee for the forward and are holding off until Maguire has passed a medical. The Dons forward had hoped to speed up the process by completing his formalities.[/sIZE]

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2278611?UserKey=

In that case take our medical staff up there and do the medical between training sessions.

2 words...... "Ash Cloud"

At the time of writing it was only effecting Northern Scotland, expected to effect Newcastl, Durham, Carlisle and Londenderry. Airports are still open and flights are still happening.

The big effect of the cloud is not where it is but how high it is and the concentration of particles. At lower levels and the further from the volcano the particle concentration changes and flights can still take place.

Besides Ash Clouds don't effect Ferried.

True.

Bit if the lad wants to come he will be sat wondering what is going to happen. It would make more sense IMO to give him a day to get the medical sorted and at least that would be out of his head.

I suppose so but he would hen miss training or "bonding" with the national side so if he under performs they'll blame it on that. Even if he completed the medical and rejoined the national squad the fee hasn't even been agreed yet and they would need to speak personal terms too- he would miss the entire scotland trip and maybe damage his future chances or return after the medical and still not know if the deal will happen. I reckon we'd better just wait.

I suppose so but he would hen miss training or "bonding" with the national side so if he under performs they'll blame it on that. Even if he completed the medical and rejoined the national squad the fee hasn't even been agreed yet and they would need to speak personal terms too- he would miss the entire scotland trip and maybe damage his future chances or return after the medical and still not know if the deal will happen. I reckon we'd better just wait.

This report from Kilmarnocks supporters association, linked in the Bryson thread says we have already agreed personal terms, and are waiting on the medical to talk about the fee.

http://www.nats.co.uk/grimsvotn-updates/

Look at the strikers he has picked over to make the Scotland squad, Boyd, O'Connor, Fletcher, Mackie and not to mention his attacking mid competition in Chris Burke, Lee McCulloch, Robert Snodgrass...etc

He sounds to be impressing, like I said.. if he has ability he will be fine, he could even be one to surprise us this year!

Archived