Dean Moxey - Transfer Rumours

Subman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would stop presuming that a player is being sold because the owners are asset stripping or similar.

After the the defeat at the Red Dogs Cloughie hinted that perhaps he has the wrong players here and we may have to start again. It is possible that he has decided that Moxey is not the type of player and character that he thought he was and now is the time for change.

For all we know he might have another left back in mind. Can this Liverpool lad play at left back?? Maybe Anderson, Buxton or Leacock can play there or even young O'Brian!!

My opinion from my armchair is that we would be daft to sell Moxey unless Nigel has another left back lined up. If the window shuts tonight and Moxey has left the club and we have not brought in another natural left back I will have to nip out to Asda and buy some plasters for the wounds on my wrists.

I fear Nigel is making Moxey the defensive scapegoat, I also fear Nigel coming out tomorrow and saying Roberts has now got to step up to the plate and show us the kind of form which made us sign him.

That's all well and good but what if Roberts just can't handle the pressure?

For the first time this season I'm officially worried.

I wish people would stop presuming that a player is being sold because the owners are asset stripping or similar.

After the the defeat at the Red Dogs Cloughie hinted that perhaps he has the wrong players here and we may have to start again. It is possible that he has decided that Moxey is not the type of player and character that he thought he was and now is the time for change.

For all we know he might have another left back in mind. Can this Liverpool lad play at left back?? Maybe Anderson, Buxton or Leacock can play there or even young O'Brian!!

Ayala - not kicked a ball in months and not yet even a Derby player

Anderson - injured more than Steve Davies in the last four years

Buxton - been out for a year and hardley the most dynamic and pacey player to chase down wingers or get to the byline and provide crosses

Leacock - needed in the centre and struggles at right back, why should he be better at left back

Pearson - too light weight, but probabaly the best option imo

O'Brien - the young centre back who Nigel trusts so much that he prefers a six man bench to having him in the squad.

I don't believe the above offer any real alternative to Roberts who appears to be our left back until May.

The losing patience and rebuilding option would be fine if we actually brought people in. Are we asset stripping? At this point it looks very much like it. I am happy to reconsider in the face of evidence to the contrary, but selling players and patching up the sqaud with loans (if could even manage that) sounds like a duck and waddles like a duck!

oh gowwwwwd now you'll start them all off!

I apologise, maybe it's cos I'm in a bad mood this morning but I just can't help but think this would be a major cock up by Nigel. I don't believe it's a GSE forcing him to sell either, this is Nigel proving one of his points again.

I apologise, maybe it's cos I'm in a bad mood this morning but I just can't help but think this would be a major cock up by Nigel. I don't believe it's a GSE forcing him to sell either, this is Nigel proving one of his points again.

Agree with this.

We can't keep getting rid of players, to use shocking backups. As well as loans and unproven half-season wonders for that high standard European league, the SPL.

I am hoping that he has an option on loan that will be brought in immediately or we are in for it.

This won't be GSE selling, this will be Nigels decision. He has long mentioned Moxey as making mistakes, including against Ipswich despite his brilliant assist for our second.

Moxey is on low wages, no cost cutting measure here. Lets see who is mentioned when Nigel is next interviewed.

I dont think this is Nige's decision, i firmly believe that if we recieve an offer for one of our players, which results in a net gain, we simply are not in a position to refuse.

The club looks very much like a club that is slowly drowning, its little legs are frantically kicking but i just think we are at the mercy of those around us, in terms of player retention.

I believe the investors have realised they have made an error and are planning an exit but as we know finding a buyer will prove very difficult, in the meantime we are left to cut, cut and cut in order to limit investor loss.

I'm worried for the future.

I dont think this is Nige's decision, i firmly believe that if we recieve an offer for one of players, which results in a net gain, we simply are not in a position to refuse.

Why would Nigel have the money from both the fee and wages from the Commons sale to spend if we have to accept any decent offer? this one is Nigel's doing, not hard to figure this one out. Moxey has been made a scapegoat on several occasions, Moxey is being made an example of here.

This Moxey transfer is bothering me, so much i joined this forum to comment.

Where are the Rams hoping to go in the next few seasons!!?? This buying for the future seems to be back firing, lets look at some of clough's signings he has hung his hat on:

Lee Croft: had a good few seasons at Norwich and came to us as there player of the season. Clough rated him but after a short spell he fizzled out, not too sure if we have ever seen the best of him.

Chris Porter: Small transfer fee and too much expected of him, look at his history of small clubs. His form at the moment is lower league standard.

Dean Moxey: Not the best player in the world but cast your mind back to comments from Exeter at the time they sold him...wasn't he a left midfield player and occasionally played not too good a left back??

We could go on about such players as Dave Martin (decent game yesterday, looked lively), Anderson, Buxton blah blah blah.

To sell a player or not play them after you thought they were a good signing is poor. There's me thinking they did there home work when buying players.

What ever has gone off with Moxey is irrelevant, selling him now is poor judgement, unless another left back is in the pipe work.

I do like Clough but im afraid my support is fading. GSE stipulate the fee and wages Clough buys the bleeding players.

Is a player from Kilmarnock really an answer to our striker options, isn't he going to be another Porter.

Again Moxey isnt the best player, lets hope he doesn't want to go.

Why would Nigel have the money from both the fee and wages from the Commons sale to spend if we have to accept any decent offer? this one is Nigel's doing, not hard to figure this one out. Moxey has been made a scapegoat on several occasions, Moxey is being made an example of here.

The fact we are struggling to have a bid accepted for a SPL striker points towards a cost saving.

Commons' deal ran into millions if you take wages into account, therefore, if we assume that Sammon is on considerably less than was offered to Kris, then we should be in a postion to close the deal; the fact we are, once again, clinging to the hope that no one else bids suggests we are not.

The fact we are struggling to have a bid accepted for a SPL striker points towards a cost saving.

Commons' deal ran into millions if you take wages into account, therefore, if we assume that Sammon is on considerably less than was offered to Kris, then we should be in a postion to close the deal; the fact we are, once again, clinging to the hope that no one else bids suggests we are not.

What if Kilmarnock are now asking for silly money because it's deadline day and the club are refusing to be held to ransom.

Archived