Dean Moxey - Transfer Rumours

Subman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disaster that Moxey has gone. Also if dcfc_kev is correct and Moxey and a few others can't stand Savage, why is it not Savage going? I think Moxey could have still developed into a good left back, but now if he does it won't be here and yet Savage who is certainly not one for the future is still here pissing off all and sundry - allegedly!

Clough says it is a football decision, well it is yet another in a line of terrible ones since late October...

I really liked Moxey.

Yes he has made mistakes but what do you expect? He is not going to be a proven championship player after just 2 years, especially considering the step up from 2 leagues.

He has a lot of potential and if Clough thinks he does not have the right attitude etc he should look through the match dvd's Ipswich) and watch Moxey's determination and hard work to get the ball back and provide Commons with an assist.

Moxey has been a better player then Roberts and just because Roberts was consistent at Donny does not mean he will be a 7/10 every week here. Sometimes it does not work out for players at certain clubs.

Think Clough has made a big mistake here.

Also if I was Moxey I would want to leave as well, seeing as Clough decides to blame him every now and then. He did the same thing with Commons and a lot of people will agree that when a player is going through a hard time the manager needs to put his arm around there shoulder. Ted Mcminn was right in saying that Commons should think does he want to be here where his manager criticizes him.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq159/ramgifs/commons20101109

Moxey assist for Commons.

http://www.dcfcfans.uk/showthread.php?t=4613&highlight=Moxey+assist

Moxey was the perfect example of what is different about our club this season compared to last with that assist. Fantastic determination to win the ball and then get past the second defender, the 3rd defender didn't know what to do and he slid a lovely ball into Commons path. He should never miss from there, Commons has had plenty of chances in that area and scuffed his shot or hit it at the keeper so nice to see him getting it bang in the right place.

S'all good! COME ON THE RAMS!

blackNwhites

Unbelievable goal!

What was Moxey on with that. He just seemed to have so much determination, nothing was gonna stop him. He took out three players and put in a perfect ball on a plate for Commons.

Stimacked

Moxey epitomises how far this team has come. He struggled at times last season but has battled to start in favour an experience left back we signed to replace McEveley.

What an amazing assist

Joe

to be honest I like Moxey and am a little annoyed that he might be leaving but are you really saying he should stay simply because of one piece of great determination and skill. If that was the case then why don't we give Deeney a contract for life, I remember he made a good save against Cardiff last season

Derby County's Dean Moxey has today joined npower Championship rivals Crystal Palace.

The left-back has joined the Eagles for an undisclosed fee after Derby accepted Palace's bid for his services late last week.

"We have accepted Crystal Palace's bid for Dean as we believe it is a good deal for Derby County," manager Nigel Clough told dcfc.co.uk.

"Dean is a great lad and has done well for us since signing from Exeter City, but we believe this deal will be best for both parties and Dean will have the opportunity to have a fresh start in his career.

"We do, of course, have our own targets to improve the entire squad, not just the full-back position, and I hope that supporters can accept we are going to be patient in finding new permanent additions."

25-year-old Moxey made 58 appearances in a season-and-a-half at Pride Park after joining from Exeter City in the summer of 2009 for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

Moxey made his Derby debut in front of a sell-out crowd at Pride Park on the opening day of the 2009/10 season against Peterborough United.

His impressive early season form saw him retain his place until the New Year, when Jay McEveley established himself as the first-choice left-back for the remainder of the season.

Moxey scored his first Derby goal at the start of this season in a 2-1 defeat at Coventry City, where he filled in as an emergency striker, and eight games later he doubled his tally for the season by firing in the opener in a 3-0 win over Preston North End at Pride Park.

His final appearance for the Rams came on 22nd January in a 1-0 home defeat to Nottingham Forest.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2278782,00.html

Derby County's Dean Moxey has today joined npower Championship rivals Crystal Palace.

The left-back has joined the Eagles for an undisclosed fee after Derby accepted Palace's bid for his services late last week.

"We have accepted Crystal Palace's bid for Dean as we believe it is a good deal for Derby County," manager Nigel Clough told dcfc.co.uk.

"Dean is a great lad and has done well for us since signing from Exeter City, but we believe this deal will be best for both parties and Dean will have the opportunity to have a fresh start in his career.

"We do, of course, have our own targets to improve the entire squad, not just the full-back position, and I hope that supporters can accept we are going to be patient in finding new permanent additions."

25-year-old Moxey made 58 appearances in a season-and-a-half at Pride Park after joining from Exeter City in the summer of 2009 for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

Moxey made his Derby debut in front of a sell-out crowd at Pride Park on the opening day of the 2009/10 season against Peterborough United.

His impressive early season form saw him retain his place until the New Year, when Jay McEveley established himself as the first-choice left-back for the remainder of the season.

Moxey scored his first Derby goal at the start of this season in a 2-1 defeat at Coventry City, where he filled in as an emergency striker, and eight games later he doubled his tally for the season by firing in the opener in a 3-0 win over Preston North End at Pride Park.

His final appearance for the Rams came on 22nd January in a 1-0 home defeat to Nottingham Forest.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2278782,00.html

So, we sell our best left-back (without an adequate backup), and with three hours of the transfer window left, we are "going to be patient" in bringing in a replacement.

Bad move Nigel, very very poor

So, we sell our best left-back (without an adequate backup), and with three hours of the transfer window left, we are "going to be patient" in bringing in a replacement.

Bad move Nigel, very very poor

Was my second favourite player.. Bailey being number 1..

I defended the board/NC a couple of days ago, especially with the Commons sale, saying we can look forward to a new generation of youngsters ie. Moxey, Bailey, Brayford..

2 days later one is gone, for a pittance.. $500k is nothing, he'll be worth double that next season.

God are we run by ****** from top to bottom..

I think that is a fair price but unless they are going to pull a decent LB from out of their a*se I am going to be seriously p*ssed off. I had great optimism for this window but it is now dwindling. I will wait until it closes before completely blowing my top though!!!!

Seriously is I just me or are the board and Nigel al deluded. There taking us fans for a nightmare joyride that will only end in league 1.

I mean come on he sells Moxey our best left back to a Side in the bottom 3. I mean come on all well and good savin money but jesus Christ you gotta replace good players with the same quality not let Moxey go and bring a past it player come in he won't make 4 games in a row never mind rest of season. I'm gonna stop know before I loose my temper and throw laptop against the wall.

All I can say is god help us for the rest of the season!:mad::mad:

Sorry, but I can't support this "deal" at all. If Moxey had walked in an demanded a transfer then fair enough, but it sounds to me like the board have thought "Ooh, someone wants to pay money for a member of our under-performing squad, and it's more money than we paid to bring him to the club in the first place. Let's do the deal!". This cannot be a decision based solely on footballing reasons.

Archived