Dean Moxey - Transfer Rumours

Subman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel most sorry for Leacock if this goes ahead.

With Commons and Moxey gone, it leaves him isolated as the sole target of the manager's public slaggings.

Moxey's done well - Clough seems to think because he's played for Exeter and never played at this level he should be the finished article.

Sure he's made mistakes, who hasn't? But he's got the makings of a good left back, gives his all and is a better bet than Roberts or our new left back-in-waiting, Ayala :D

Why would Nigel have the money from both the fee and wages from the Commons sale to spend if we have to accept any decent offer? this one is Nigel's doing, not hard to figure this one out. Moxey has been made a scapegoat on several occasions, Moxey is being made an example of here.

I agree it's a little strange as we will still need cover for LB, however I though Roberts played well for Doncaster and started the season well against Leeds. He then got injured and has struggled since but it can't help having a section of the crowd on your back from the moment the teams are announced.

100k profit for Moxey ? I think I'd take it.

I agree it's a little strange as we will still need cover for LB, however I though Roberts played well for Doncaster and started the season well against Leeds. He then got injured and has struggled since but it can't help having a section of the crowd on your back from the moment the teams are announced.

100k profit for Moxey ? I think I'd take it.

I'd keep him personally, it's not exactly like it's going to be used to buy someone is it :p

We would be left with just roberts to play lb and does that really fill you with confidence?

I think Moxey could end up one day being a very good winger, he is defo a useful utility player and i dont hink we should sell!!!

I don't really agree with Nige's public slagging him off!!! And i doubt it has helped Moxey!!

Hey it's ok we can can get Joe Mattock in on loan or Paul Konchesky oh wait other clubs dont shop on lastmin/cheapasfook.com

I hate transfer windows nowadays.......

I wish people would stop presuming that a player is being sold because the owners are asset stripping or similar.

It's more than just a presumption though, don't you think?

The focus has been entirely on reducing the wage bill and balancing the books, while NC is trying gallantly to build for the future.

Every player since GSE arrived that clubs have bid for has been sold and money used to balance the books.

NC himself pointed to this position in an interview last week - £7million off the wage bill and raised more money than he's spent.

Those in defence of GSE's policy point instantly to Claude Davies as an example of getting rid of players who add no value.

For me, I'd be perfectly happy to have players with the ability of Howard, Oakley, Jones, Miller, Earnshaw, Mears, Commons, Hulse just off the top of my head as players who have been moved on for fees and not been replaced like for like.

And please don't say they didn't want to stay, that's not the point. If Torres goes from Liverpool, for example, they won't be trying to replace them with someone from Wigan reserves, but replacing him like for like.

Selling something proven and replacing it with something cheaper, inferior or unproven - and spending the deal profit on propping the business up rather than investing is, in my view, stripping out the assets.

If you can call it sensible policy, then we clearly see the world in different ways.

On previous experience we can accept £400k for Moxey now, or we'll end up accepting 10p for him in the summer.

I can only assume that we have someone else in mind to bring in as getting rid of Moxey and relying on Roberts is a recipe for disaster.

I'd keep him personally, it's not exactly like it's going to be used to buy someone is it :p

We would be left with just roberts to play lb and does that really fill you with confidence?

I understand your nervousness but form can change in an instant as many will know who have played football, cricket, golf etc, one day you're good another day you wonder where it all went wrong.

If I knew the answer to solve that one I'd be a multi millionaire and buying the club.

Giving them some support is a start.

I think Moxey could end up one day being a very good winger, he is defo a useful utility player and i dont hink we should sell!!!

I don't really agree with Nige's public slagging him off!!! And i doubt it has helped Moxey!!

Hey it's ok we can can get Joe Mattock in on loan or Paul Konchesky oh wait other clubs dont shop on lastmin/cheapasfook.com

I hate transfer windows nowadays.......

Forest do - Konchesky's gone there!

I understand your nervousness but form can change in an instant as many will know who have played football, cricket, golf etc, one day you're good another day you wonder where it all went wrong.

If I knew the answer to solve that one I'd be a multi millionaire and buying the club.

Giving them some support is a start.

Having seen Roberts with my own eyes getting destroyed on the pitch at Watford I have absolutely no faith in him becoming even average let alone good.

Don’t forget that we only ever bought Moxey as the “young hungry back-up playerâ€. Main thing that worries me now is that we have no NATURAL cover at right-back OR left-back.

Yes we can botch things for a game or two and look to get a loan, but neither of those things do anything to improve the player. No competition for places is bad – Clough said that several times...

It's strange why Garreth hasn't settled at Derby, on the numerous times I saw him play for Donny he was a 7 out of 10 sort of guy every game.

I was warned before he signed that he would struggle against big strikers, they would just knock him off the ball easily.

I don't just think it's Garreth who has struggled though, confidence stems from the back and that starts with a keeper who is comfortable with the ball and doesn't do daft things;)

Colin Bloomfield on Twitter:

NC on Moxey: "Football decision - not financial. Have another good left back in Roberts, can get cover if needed

What does he mean by Football decision?

He has obviously thrown the book at the whole squad after the current run of defeats.

He said a few weeks ago he diden`t think this squad were as good as he had thought they were. Basically, seems like Clough is starting all over.

Savage seems like he is now out of the picture, Clough now mentioning Pringle as a midfield option instead of him. Commons is gone, Moxey is going. Talking about playing 2 up front with Cwyka partnering someone up front. Obviously thinks there is more to come from Roberts. He has yet to show he is worthy of a place in the squad. Now he will be handed the left back role. Probably bring in somebody as cover for the left back role. There is always Pearson...uh ohh

Archived