Dean Moxey - Transfer Rumours

Subman

This scares if true, surely he wouldn't....would he? I mean leaving us with just Roberts.

Hold on tho we're getting Ayala from Liverpool, I know he's a centre back but centre backs can play at full back no problems.

Sell, Sell, Sell!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clough probably thinks deeney can cover the odd game if roberts gets injured.

I don't think Clough thinks moxey or roberts have done well enough to be honest

I dont think Moxey or Roberst have done well enough either. left back is one of our problem areas. As is striker of course

This is a very strange one. I reckon it must be just made up rubbish. Most of the alternatives are not pleasant.

On the bright side he could be moving to make room for a better player

On the dark side, either

a, his relationship with management/or players has broken down to the extent where it's better for all for him to go - indicative of internal turmoil.

b, we need every penny to keep the Bailiffs from the door - GSE's one redeeming feature, prudence, exposed as a myth and the future of the club in jeopady

c, Nigel thinks Roberts is both likely to stay fit and better than Moxey - indicative of a delusional state of mind

d, We are being openly asset stripped - for a sale, to give the owners a dividend or because the owners are milking things as much as possible before pulling the plug?

It's not that Moxey is that good, but he is young, fit and has shown signs of ability - things that you could not accuse Roberts of. Also further diminishing the size of the squad - given our inability to recruit - can't be very sustainable.

That said, I actually don't believe the story:D

moxey has done ok

he's young and stepping up two leagues so theres bound to be a few errors

could play in a central three...

perhaps we could offer to drive Roberts to south London.

i reckon it could be true. If nigel wants the bald scottish bloke then the usual rule is that we have to sell to buy.

This is a very strange one. I reckon it must be just made up rubbish. Most of the alternatives are not pleasant.

On the bright side he could be moving to make room for a better player

On the dark side, either

a, his relationship with management/or players has broken down to the extent where it's better for all for him to go - indicative of internal turmoil.

b, we need every penny to keep the Bailiffs from the door - GSE's one redeeming feature, prudence, exposed as a myth and the future of the club in jeopady

c, Nigel thinks Roberts is both likely to stay fit and better than Moxey - indicative of a delusional state of mind

d, We are being openly asset stripped - for a sale, to give the owners a dividend or because the owners are milking things as much as possible before pulling the plug?

It's not that Moxey is that good, but he is young, fit and has shown signs of ability - things that you could not accuse Roberts of. Also further diminishing the size of the squad - given our inability to recruit - can't be very sustainable.

That said, I actually don't believe the story:D

We have sold every player there's been a bid for since GSE came, so I would say this is completely true.

Selling off the players on high wages - although that coincides with experience - is one thing, but selling off the young players who are supposed to be our future just underlines that all Clough can do is recycle what assets are in the club.

I think Clough has lost patience with Moxeys silly positioning mistakes.

Was you not at those games at the start of the season where Roberts cost us a goal a game? Think Cardiff etc, just being nowhere where he should be. Roberts one of the worst full backs I've ever seen

Archived