Next 6 games

Start of the season i had got us down for 7 in these 6 games (2Wins 1 Draw 3 Defeats), i would be reasonably happy with that

This was to get us to the 50 Point line As it happens we are 4 points to the good at present against my predictions.

Prediction for so far was (1 Win, 5 Draws and 3 Defeats).

Just need to grind out some draws from the losses and we will be well safe IMHO.

Millwall - (A) 19/10 - 15.00 - Draw

Oxford - (A) 22/10 - 19.45 - Draw - Could scrape a win out of either of these two away games. But I'm going to both, so it's unlikely... 

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00 - Win - These don't look very good since sacking Rosenior.

Stoke - (A) 02/11 - 12.30 - Draw - Hard to call though. They could be crap, they could be on a new manager bounce. Who knows really.

Coventry - (A) 06/11 - 19.45 - Loss - Just more established than us.

Plymouth - (H) 09/11 - 15.00 - Draw - Still can't work Rooney out for them. Had some good wins and some poor losses, but they have both an ex-Derby manager, and an ex-Derby reject who's on fire, so they're guaranteed something off us. Still a bit haunted by the last time they came to Pride Park too (though I can't see that happening with Warne-ball).

7 points from these games probably isn't good enough though. We need to dig out an away win.

On 09/10/2024 at 13:45, Dex said:

Millwall - (A) 19/10 - 15.00 - Draw

Oxford - (A) 22/10 - 19.45 - Draw - Could scrape a win out of either of these two away games. But I'm going to both, so it's unlikely... 

Hull - (H) 26/10 - 15.00 - Win - These don't look very good since sacking Rosenior.

Stoke - (A) 02/11 - 12.30 - Draw - Hard to call though. They could be crap, they could be on a new manager bounce. Who knows really.

Coventry - (A) 06/11 - 19.45 - Loss - Just more established than us.

Plymouth - (H) 09/11 - 15.00 - Draw - Still can't work Rooney out for them. Had some good wins and some poor losses, but they have both an ex-Derby manager, and an ex-Derby reject who's on fire, so they're guaranteed something off us. Still a bit haunted by the last time they came to Pride Park too (though I can't see that happening with Warne-ball).

7 points from these games probably isn't good enough though. We need to dig out an away win.

We have now lost 9 away games on the bounce ( including cup and friendly’s) . You have us to go on an unbeaten run of 3 away games . Are you expecting Ozoh to come back or will Warne come up with a new formula ? Hope you are right because our away form is going to put us under a deal of pressure to get points , when we play the better teams at home .

15 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We have now lost 9 away games on the bounce ( including cup and friendly’s) . You have us to go on an unbeaten run of 3 away games . Are you expecting Ozoh to come back or will Warne come up with a new formula ? Hope you are right because our away form is going to put us under a deal of pressure to get points , when we play the better teams at home .

Yeah - hadn't thought of it like that. I was more going for the fact that it's potentially three of the poorer teams in the league away from home. Of the 9 we've lost, we've had a disproportionately high number of teams that will be 'chasing the top 6'. Don't give a hoot about friendlies either.

I'll level with this then. 3 points from the next three away games? That doesn't seem too unreasonable if we want to stay up this season!

17 minutes ago, Dex said:

Yeah - hadn't thought of it like that. I was more going for the fact that it's potentially three of the poorer teams in the league away from home. Of the 9 we've lost, we've had a disproportionately high number of teams that will be 'chasing the top 6'. Don't give a hoot about friendlies either.

I'll level with this then. 3 points from the next three away games? That doesn't seem too unreasonable if we want to stay up this season!

We haven’t lost 9 on the bounce though, not even if you count friendlies, which is just silly.

Realistically we need to be picking up 8 points for every 6 games played

The first set of six we manged 9 points and we have played three of the next set of 6 and managed so far 3 points  so we could do with 4 more points from the next three giving us 16 points from 12 twelve games which should be achievable anything more would be a Brucie Bonus  

We aren't doing draws this year and ever the dreamer where the Rams are concerned, I'll therefore go for 4 wins and two losses and 12 points from a possible 18, though we do rather need Ozoh back and soon!

Placing head over heart though, albeit briefly, I'd be delighted with anything around 10 points, which ought comfortably keep the wolves from our door.

19 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

We haven’t lost 9 on the bounce though, not even if you count friendlies, which is just silly.

I agree with both... 9 consecutive away defeats including cups and friendlies, and yes, it is silly to include pre-season friendlies... 

2-0 @ Sunderland
1-0 @ Sheff Utd
pens @ Barrow
2-1 @ Watford
4-2 @ Blackburn
4-3 @ Barnsley 
2-1 @ Shrewsbury  
4-0 @ Chesterfield
3-1 @ Académico de Viseu F.C.
0-3 win @ Matlock

EDIT:

Just realised...
Out of those 10 away games, we have only won the game at Matlock.
Out of those 10 away games, I have only attended the Matlock game.

I think someone needs to start a Go-Fund-Mucker page, and elevate me to lucky mascot status!  👀🐏

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I agree with both... 9 consecutive away defeats including cups and friendlies, and yes, it is silly to include pre-season friendlies... 

2-0 @ Sunderland
1-0 @ Sheff Utd
pens @ Barrow
2-1 @ Watford
4-2 @ Blackburn
4-3 @ Barnsley 
2-1 @ Shrewsbury  
4-0 @ Chesterfield
3-1 @ Académico de Viseu F.C.
0-3 win @ Matlock

EDIT:

Just realised...
Out of those 10 away games, we have only won the game at Matlock.
Out of those 10 away games, I have only attended the Matlock game.

I think someone needs to start a Go-Fund-Mucker page, and elevate me to lucky mascot status!  👀🐏

Now we are getting silly, the match in Spain wasn’t classed as a first team game because it was behind closed doors, but if you are counting that then you have to count the game against Stockport, which we won.🤔

7 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Friendly’s are a bit strange , when we beat Matlock most fans were happy . Then you get beat away a few times and they don’t matter. Losing 5 competitive away games on the bounce possibly means nothing . If we go and batter Millwall away it will prove we are not easy meat on the road . 

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Now we are getting silly, the match in Spain wasn’t classed as a first team game because it was behind closed doors, but if you are counting that then you have to count the game against Stockport, which we won.🤔

I've said it's silly.👍
I'd also forgotten about Stockport, so I'm happy to withdraw my agreement with @jimtastic56's "9 consecutive away defeats".