Tyrese Fornah loaned to Salford until end of season

JfR

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This seems a little bit harsh. Adams has come in and smashed it so even Osborn now is going have to earn his place back. Realistically Fornah would be 6th choice for us. Looking at the signings and healthy midfield state and realistically weighing up how much playing time he'll likely get doesn't make him lazy or unmotivated, he probably just wanted to guarantee he's playing at this stage of his career. That's better for his development that potentially fighting but failing to play much here? 

Perhaps it is, and most players just want to play, but the comment about needing to find his level for doing that was I think fair?

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Perhaps it is, and most players just want to play, but the comment about needing to find his level for doing that was I think fair?

Yeah, I just think there's sometimes only so much a player can do to earn a place. Sometimes you've got to be realistic and realise that you need regular minutes to develop further rather than sporadic substitute appearances. I can't really hold that against him, doesn't seem like he has a bad attitude or upset the apple cart. I'd much rather he does this, than do what Anya did and basically down tools but continue to pick up £30k a week? 🤷‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Yeah, I just think there's sometimes only so much a player can do to earn a place. Sometimes you've got to be realistic and realise that you need regular minutes to develop further rather than sporadic substitute appearances. I can't really hold that against him, doesn't seem like he has a bad attitude or upset the apple cart. I'd much rather he does this, than do what Anya did and basically down tools but continue to pick up £30k a week? 🤷‍♂️ 

Agreed - wanting to go out on loan is a tick in the box compared to an Anya situation. What we don't know is how he's performed in training, which most managers/coaches regard as a key requirement. Hopefully, there's no issue there, because that could limit his appeal to others.

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

Agreed - wanting to go out on loan is a tick in the box compared to an Anya situation. What we don't know is how he's performed in training, which most managers/coaches regard as a key requirement. Hopefully, there's no issue there, because that could limit his appeal to others.

Mentioned it a couple of times, during one of the commentaries Shaun Barker off-hand said he didn't think he'd played badly but that sometimes it's also about what happens in training and your attitude etc. Wasn't specifically saying that was the case with him so maybe he was just musing on it or possibly he had heard whispers.

Now Warne has said Fornah made it clear he wanted out, maybe Barker heard that and put 2 and 2 together or maybe he has heard more than we have.

Personally I think he's been a bit unlucky, so wonder if there has been more to it than what happened on the pitch, he's definitely been better than CBT.

Edited by Chester40

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2024 at 18:44, Chester40 said:

Mentioned it a couple of times, during one of the commentaries Shaun Barker off-hand said he didn't think he'd played badly but that sometimes it's also about what happens in training and your attitude etc. Wasn't specifically saying that was the case with him so maybe he was just musing on it or possibly he had heard whispers.

Now Warne has said Fornah made it clear he wanted out, maybe Barker heard that and put 2 and 2 together or maybe he has heard more than we have.

Personally I think he's been a bit unlucky, so wonder if there has been more to it than what happened on the pitch, he's definitely been better than CBT.

I liked him, you could see a touch and in his last game some cracking fast intuitive good passes. To me he’d be Kenzo cover in the side as it is now. 

14 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No chance would he start ahead of Osborn.

Even if Osborn was out, I think we would change the shape before bringing in Fornah from the start at present. 

I don't see any way that Fornah would've started against Sheff Utd with Nat Phillips on the bench (for example).