Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

16 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

No credit for our defending then?

I've already said they executed a low block well. I don't know how anyone can watch that game without seeing we were lucky to win it. If you don't agree I don't know what else to say. We'll just have to disagree.

17 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Awwww man please can we stop it?! We get it @DCFC Kicks and @Chris_Martin, we really do, you don’t rate Warne in the slightest and don’t want to give him credit in anyway for securing 3 points on Saturday. We hear you, as far as you’re concerned it was down to nothing but luck and that’s it.

Fine, that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. And everyone who thinks there is some credit due to Warne is entitled to their opinions. No one appears to be changing their mindset to that of the other, call it a difference of opinion and move on…. Pretty please?! 🙏 

I only keep replying because people keep quoting me. Am I supposed to be rude and just ignore them?

2 hours ago, Archied said:

They basically made a mistake that Jackson was in the position to pounce on and have the speed and skill to turn it into a goal , they never gave him a goal , they never played a perfectly weighted pass to him , he and derby team earned that goal by being in the perfect position to put pressure on them and make the most of any error, errors that teams make for many reasons many times in many games, well done derby  and Jackson , defended superbly and took your chance when it came ,, 3 points and on to the next game 💪

A laugh imogi for the above from Chris Martin says it all really , derby fan or wum ? You decide🤷🏻‍♂️

51 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I've already said they executed a low block well. I don't know how anyone can watch that game without seeing we were lucky to win it. If you don't agree I don't know what else to say. We'll just have to disagree.

We executed our game better than they executed theirs and took the 3 points , that’s all there is about it really 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

By who?

I think it's hard to argue that their ability to make huge profits from players isn't "best in class" and their ability to continually have their managers poached yet find an equivalent or better whilst undeniably competing with the elite clubs on the pitch season after season isn't something we should be aiming to emulate in the long term.

Whether that means they're actually well run is more subjective. As @Foreveram said they owe allot of dosh to their owner which isn't a problem until he or his beneficiaries call it in.

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Have you actually read the crap you post or is it as it appears, a mindless rant?

In your own post you blow your own argument out of the water.

Yes clubs can and do significantly change their squad from one season to the next. A practice that requires a large amount of money being invested into that club.

You then go on to state that new investment (money) is not available to us.

Mr Clowes as said numerous times he won't be pumping millions of his own money to bankroll the club's purchase of players. That the money available to strengthen the squad, will come from the finances the club can generate it self

Any sensible person will realise we can't compete financially with many of clubs in the Championship. So to build a strong team we'll need, to find and develop young players, find lower league players capable of playing at a higher level and maybe splurging the transfer budget on a star player,striker.

Unless we can do what every other club can't do, to quickly acquire a strong talented squad for peanuts. Then building a good squad will take time.

So could you explain what spin are the club putting out to us, the fans.

This is vicious stuff from you. Maybe just mull over what I say in a considered way; and don’t simply dismiss it as ‘crap’ 

And this does matter imo. I will explain why and just at least consider it

many of the people posting on here take it as read that after the MM catastrophe, it will be a long rebuild. And everyone’s admiration of and appreciation for DC’s saving OUR CLUB encourages fans to think:  of course, he has as long as he wants. The post I initially responded to did just that 

I am concerned about this, for two reasons. First , it is OUR CLUB. B4 told us so

Second, DC has a difficult balancing act.  He loves Derby, but he is legally and morally obliged not to piss away the millions that his Dad secured for future generations. 

So there is a real tension between

DC’s desire for a measured turnaround, one that doesn’t require major investment

and our desire to be properly competitive in the championship. (I fear we will not be this year). 

The reason this matters is simple: if the fans are accepting of the line that this will inevitably take years, then there is little pressure on club management to seek sources of investment. And if our ‘measured turnaround’ is mishandled, we could even find ourselves back in Div 1 and looking a lot like Rotherham. 

And by the way, I reckon that the deal MM did with DC on the stadium is likely to result in DC doing pretty well financially out of the rescue. I don’t begrudge him that of course 

4 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Surely that’s unprecedented, who would do such a thing 😂

Morris didn’t do that, are you suggesting he did? He said, ‘no more cash’. It’s a very different thing. Then he wrote off millions in shareholder loans at the holding company level 

20 hours ago, Archied said:

Thought you said football had moved far beyond basics these days 🤷🏻‍♂️, all of pre season ? Fitness and against teams far below the level we are playing in , it’s a bit like the old Mike Tyson quote that everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face , you can practice taking penalty s all day but it does not replicate the real thing ,

we have new players playing together so makes sense to me to get them doing the basics well in real matches first and foremost, anyway as we know you see things very differently, im happy with where we are for what we have 🤷🏻‍♂️

You're not making sense. Of course I think footballs moved beyond basics. That's what I said.

Are you saying you think preseason is purely about gaining fitness? That's simply not true. It should be about implementing the foundations of the system we're going to play going into the season, which would help new players fit in easier. Warnes even said himself it was a mistake going to Spain in preseason due to the heat. That probably wasn't his fault. 

I'm not sure what your point is with the Mike Tyson quote. Are you saying we should just not have a plan because anything can happen?

20 hours ago, Archied said:

Thought you watched the game 😂, it’s been a tactic by a lot of teams and managers for quite some time to allow the opposition the lions share of the ball and can be very successful 

That tends to include counter attacking. Which we didn't do.

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Morris didn’t do that, are you suggesting he did? He said, ‘no more cash’. It’s a very different thing. Then he wrote off millions in shareholder loans at the holding company level 

Let’s not do all that again eh.

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

And by the way, I reckon that the deal MM did with DC on the stadium is likely to result in DC doing pretty well financially out of the rescue. I don’t begrudge him that of course 

There'll be no "positive return" for Clowes unless we become established in the PL or a wealthier owner comes along willing to pay a premium for the potential that Clowes grows in the coming seasons. 

21 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

You're not making sense. Of course I think footballs moved beyond basics. That's what I said.

Are you saying you think preseason is purely about gaining fitness? That's simply not true. It should be about implementing the foundations of the system we're going to play going into the season, which would help new players fit in easier. Warnes even said himself it was a mistake going to Spain in preseason due to the heat. That probably wasn't his fault. 

I'm not sure what your point is with the Mike Tyson quote. Are you saying we should just not have a plan because anything can happen?

Football will never move beyond getting the basics right first and foremost and keeping them right no matter how much or how little you expand on them , bad runs and building platforms will always be met with stripping down to them and getting them right ,

can’t be bothered explaining the Tyson thing , read back a few pages and get the context and what I was replying to,

you reckon he meant the heat was a problem for working on systems or more for working on balls out pre season fitness training , I know which my money is on ,

plans change for many reasons in games ,of course we should have one but they also need to adapt to what happens in games , that is shared responsibility of coach and players on the pitch ,

again here’s the rub

the game Saturday, 90 +10+ 1 = 111 mins ,,,, yes 111 minutes , that’s quite a long time and in that time one team scored and failed to concede a goal the other failed to score and conceded a goal so one of those two successfuly mastered the two vital all important elements in football , they earned and deserved they’re win , perhaps in fairness we could have donated the match ball to boro to take home and stick on they’re mantle piece , they certainly seemed to like having it and doing bugger all with it🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

15 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

That tends to include counter attacking. Which we didn't do.

At 1-0 up we didn’t need to , perhaps if we had got punched in the face things would have had to change 

19 hours ago, jono said:

So .. Leeds tactics were inferior to ours then ? Once again QED 

No. Boro were just more wasteful against us than vs Leeds.  

19 hours ago, jono said:

Defending deeply and looking for a breakaway IS a legitimate tactic ( oooh fancy that it worked 🤣)

When were we ever "looking for a breakaway"? we could barely string two passes together on the rare occasion we got the ball back.

19 hours ago, jono said:

Boro’s manager has admitted that they just didn’t have enough to unlock us. Our tactics worked !

Exactly. Boro didn't have enough. That was in part due to our good defending, but in my opinion mostly because of themselves. The BBC headline for the game even describes them as 'Wasteful'.

19 hours ago, jono said:

I won’t be responding further, you’re boring me. In my opinion you have a deliberate and considered negative stance, a perverse desire to beat the manager despite us winning a difficult encounter. You demonstrate little appreciation of the ebb and flow of football, it’s financial imbalances and a poor assessment of team play and tactics. In short you are very tiresome, lack imagination and bring little of substance to a debate. 
If you were a detective you’d decide who the culprit was and then try and make the evidence fit your accusation. Oh, and I doubt your implied allegiance. WUM

All I did was post my opinion that I didn't like how we played and thought we were lucky. You're the one who kept responding to me. I was being respectful and responding back to you. I thought we were just having a conversation. I don't know why you're now making personal insults towards me.