Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

54 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Yes, our tactics are League Two but our squad is lower Champ/top League One standard. That's why we got promoted.

I'm not sure what possible agenda I could be pushing by sharing an opinion on a fans forum - or who exactly you think I'm jealous of. I just want to enjoy watching my team play and have gotten frustrated that I haven't in a long time. Why can't you just accept my opinion instead of trying to belittle me? 

You claim your being belittled yet you post earlier ,,,,,,,,,

Or that Warnes ground the fanbase down so much that they've lost the perception of what good football actually is.

thats not belittling other derby fans who don’t agree with your view on football? 😂😂😂😂

Just catching up. @CBRammette your post is lovely and explains perfectly why there is so much more to enjoy about the matchday experience than just the football!  The  bit about chatting with your son before he goes to Uni really resonates with me. Our son is out the other side of Uni now, with a good job and living away from Derby, but the pull of DCFC has remained and he still returns for most Saturday matches and now drives us to away games! Just wanted to say, you may not be finished with the match journey chats yet!

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Intricate tactical plays in the final third are built in possession, they're situational football schemes. 

Getting the ball out wide is not the devil everyone makes it out to be, for one it stretches the defenders and gaps between defenders.

and I'm yet to see use any of them.

It may stretch the defenders but we just end up crossing it in anyway so what's the point

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I agree we were sitting back but I disagree that it was controlled in the way you're describing. We sat back because Warne doesn't like us having the ball because he doesn't know what to do when we have it. The only reason they didn't break through was because they're a League Two team.

Actually they did break through/beat our press on several occasions. It's just because they are national league/league 2 quality players that they never quite got the final pass right. Thats why I'm worried what will happen when we play against championship quality players

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

He took over Rosie's squad that was built in about 5 minutes (not literally) for nowt. That squad was built to play a possession based game and go up. PW arrived and we just missed out on the playoffs. That summer, he replaced about half the squad, again on a shoestring budget, with the intent of getting promotion, playing differently, out of League One. We got promoted.

What's he trying to do now? I'd hazard a guess at slowly building a squad to get us out of the Championship and into the Premier League. He now has more cash than last year but I don't think it's a huge amount. He's brought some players in, there's more to come between now and the end of the month. It will take a while to get the squad to where he wants it. This season we're likely to end up somewhere between 14th and 20th, IMO. Go slightly better in 25/26. Playoffs 26/27 and go for promotion the season after. 3 to 4 seasons to rebuild and achieve promotion would be good.

That's just what he Hope's to achieve. What's his actual plan on the pitch ?

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

He took over Rosie's squad that was built in about 5 minutes (not literally) for nowt. That squad was built to play a possession based game and go up. PW arrived and we just missed out on the playoffs. That summer, he replaced about half the squad, again on a shoestring budget, with the intent of getting promotion, playing differently, out of League One. We got promoted.

What's he trying to do now? I'd hazard a guess at slowly building a squad to get us out of the Championship and into the Premier League. He now has more cash than last year but I don't think it's a huge amount. He's brought some players in, there's more to come between now and the end of the month. It will take a while to get the squad to where he wants it. This season we're likely to end up somewhere between 14th and 20th, IMO. Go slightly better in 25/26. Playoffs 26/27 and go for promotion the season after. 3 to 4 seasons to rebuild and achieve promotion would be good.

You mean a squad which had the highest wage in the league with mostly players from the Campionship?

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

You claim your being belittled yet you post earlier ,,,,,,,,,

Or that Warnes ground the fanbase down so much that they've lost the perception of what good football actually is.

thats not belittling other derby fans who don’t agree with your view on football? 😂😂😂😂

S1pa93AXdvoS.gif

In my defence that was directed at the people who insulted me first 

33 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

That's just what he Hope's to achieve. What's his actual plan on the pitch ?

How about some of the pedants on here use their brain for once? I imagine his plan is to slowly build, year on year. Slowly adding "class" to the squad and thereby creating the circumstances for more expansive football. A multi year plan. One which evolves rather than a revolution. If some would think a little and come to a reasoned conclusion they'd know the answers without requiring others to write a tome the length of "War and Peace" in order to cover each and every angle. 

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

How about some of the pedants on here use their brain for once? I imagine his plan is to slowly build, year on year. Slowly adding "class" to the squad and thereby creating the circumstances for more expansive football. A multi year plan. One which evolves rather than a revolution. If some would think a little and come to a reasoned conclusion they'd know the answers without requiring others to write a tome the length of "War and Peace" in order to cover each and every angle. 

Just saying he hopes to add better players every window is not a tactical plan. You can say that for every single manager in world football. 

What are derby county at the moment in terms of football identity? All I see is a one dimensional, highly predictable, set piece team that doesnt really know how to press, control a game, or impose themselves on any opposition.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

How has that wum escaped your ignore filter? I've got around 30 on mine... once you pop you can't stop!!!

I only had 2 on my list. Made the fatal mistake yesterday of relenting on one of them, only to find he's still posting the same inane drivel so off he goes again.

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

What is it he is actually trying to do? He's been here 2 years and I still have no idea.

His ideal approach would be to sit back and catch the opponents on the counter attack. Imo this is a tactic that was always going to be flawed for a team like us in L1 as teams who weren’t in direct competition for places with us were quite happy to pick up an easy point.

The problem with Warne is that he tries to change what the team does depending on what the opposition are doing. Without arrogant, we are the sort of team who teams should have to adapt to in order to contain us.

I’m not defending Warne as such, but I think there are clearer, more repetitive points to use to criticise him like you’ve said here. 

Last night was what I see as a Paul Warne tactical style. It just doesn’t happen to be ‘the Derby County way’.

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I agree we were sitting back but I disagree that it was controlled in the way you're describing. We sat back because Warne doesn't like us having the ball because he doesn't know what to do when we have it. The only reason they didn't break through was because they're a League Two team.

And if they were a championship team they would have been winning and we would have been looking to get the ball back more.