v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Kayden Jackson is not a striker

He isn't

I am confused why we are trying to play him at centre forward when he's not. Collins and Brown are and they are on the bench..

I'd also bring on Adams for Ozoh

This is concerning, but obviously more signings are expected. And as we know Warne teams start a bit pants and get better. 

I wasn’t 100% convinced by the Ozoh hype in preseason and not sure he’s doing well here. A lot of spaces in and around that area for Blackburn. I’d think about bringing Ebou on.

Lazy marking for the goal.  Blackburn much more switched on down the middle.  Goudwijn has put in some good balls, mendez-Laing has not. We have nothing in front of goal or supporting down the centre. If Eustace realises this and he will, they'll just push their defence up into the midfield to see it out or get a second.  

Not a great deal in it tbh.

we didnt settle v well and ironically conceded once we did 

theyve moved the ball well and were missing adams plugging that middle, ozoh needed to do a lot more for their goal when travis walked past him

but weve carried and threat going forward without picking the right ball or made the right decision at the end of it.

frustrating but we’re still well in this 

Edited by NottsRam77

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Their goal comes from a cross squirming through and falling kindly, just then we had a cross squirms though and it bounced awkwardly for TB. 

Fine margins 

That’s how it went in.

It came from a team who had the bottle to play through midfield.

We’ve used the circle formation several times tonight in possession with a complete absence of players in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just interested in who the key players are that we are missing or haven’t we signed them yet?

Yates through suspension, others we haven’t signed yet like a keeper and another striker. A focal point for the attack with 2 of Barkhuizen, Jackson and NML in the wide roles is what I’d expect us to have, that’s not there as yet and may not be for a couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

He isn't

I am confused why we are trying to play him at centre forward when he's not. Collins and Brown are and they are on the bench..

I'd also bring on Adams for Ozoh

100% 

Collin’s for Jackson 

Adam’s for Ozoh

That team news shows me that it's going to be a long season, although I knew that anyway, and Warne hasn't a clue what he is doing.

Collins should be starting, he is our only striker for crying out loud.

Ebou and Ozoh should be starting together.

Football is back baby 👶 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

How often did Vickers let us down last season? 

Didn't Vickers himself admit that he was not starter quality? That was in league one this is not league one. He is not as championship starter in my mind. Even if he is to not have a confident back up is.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Lazy marking for the goal.  Blackburn much more switched on down the middle.  Goudwijn has put in some good balls, mendez-Laing has not. We have nothing in front of goal or supporting down the centre. If Eustace realises this and he will, they'll just push their defence up into the midfield to see it out or get a second.  

Agree with all of that. Good summary 

We need to take much better care of the ball and I still think we need a better lb and another cb. Once settled the midfield looked ok but I’d bring Collins on for barks and put Jackson out wide and see if we can link up better. 

Goudjimin and Ozoh the positives for me. 

Just now, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

That’s how it went in.

It came from a team who had the bottle to play through midfield.

We’ve used the circle formation several times tonight in possession with a complete absence of players in the middle.

Come off it - it was one very good pass but the rest was inexperience from Ozoh to let him pass and then some good fortune in the blocked cross finding Dolan