A subject we can all agree on perhaps?

It depends how excessive her actions were and whether the horse was injured or traumatised by that treatment. Jockeys typically get a two week ban for excessive use of the whip, but this sounds like it might be worse and a long ban could be forthcoming.

Uncanny timing though from the Dutch, what with the Olympics being a week away. Where's the video been hiding all this time when she could have been banned years ago if this is how she usually treats horses?

On a related issue, perhaps men who beat women should be prevented from being less than 100m from any women too : I'm sure that would make women allot less concerned for their safety.

My wife, who has been around horses all her life (sadly, I don't mean me), was horrified.

Then again, she stopped traffic in the middle of Truro the other day to save a swan and is regularly fretting over any animal she sees that isn't signing Zippity Doo Dah, in case it's dying.

The really annoying thing for me is the BS she has said about it being out of character.

I was screaming obscenities at my youngest hound a couple of weeks ago when she bit my thumb that had been wrapped around a stick just a moment sooner.

I'm fairly sure anybody unfortunate enough to have seen me rolling around on the floor crying like a 5-year-old would have thought, 'I bet he's not normally like that'

She looked like she was in total control, and we rarely do things out of character when we are in control.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

It depends how excessive her actions were and whether the horse was injured or traumatised by that treatment. Jockeys typically get a two week ban for excessive use of the whip, but this sounds like it might be worse and a long ban could be forthcoming.

Uncanny timing though from the Dutch, what with the Olympics being a week away. Where's the video been hiding all this time when she could have been banned years ago if this is how she usually treats horses?

On a related issue, perhaps men who beat women should be prevented from being less than 100m from any women too : I'm sure that would make women allot less concerned for their safety.

Your knowledge of dressage is a little off, it was Denmark not the Dutch. 😄 

The person blowing the whistle was understandably scared of being seen as a whistleblower.

"However, Wensing said it was the recent removal of a rider from the Denmark dressage team that encouraged his client to report Dujardin.

Earlier this month Danish TV station TV2 reported, external that Denmark's reserve rider Carina Cassoe Kruth had been replaced in the Paris squad on the eve of the team announcement after a controversial training video was sent to the Danish Riding Association.

Kruth told TV2 she "deeply regretted" her "clear error".

"Because of the Olympics, [the whistleblower] was thinking if I don't do anything now [Dujardin] will probably win medals," Wensing said.

"On the other hand, people are thinking wrong that she could have done this during the Olympics, and that would destroy the whole British team.

"Now the team can organise themselves and use the alternate. It's not like the whole British dressage team has gone now. There could be a worse timing."

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Yep , would support that though would also say that men who beat men / women should be kept at least 100 metres from society

I saw the video the other day and she definitely inflicted pain on the horse. The horse reacted when she used her whip by kicking out its hind leg.

Prosecute her for animal cruelty and ban her from ever owning or working with animals again.

People like her use animals like an object to achieve their own selfish goals with no compassion for the animal in her care.

Makes me sick.

44 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I saw the video the other day and she definitely inflicted pain on the horse. The horse reacted when she used her whip by kicking out its hind leg.

Prosecute her for animal cruelty and ban her from ever owning or working with animals again.

People like her use animals like an object to achieve their own selfish goals with no compassion for the animal in her care.

Makes me sick.

Think this is one of those areas where a bygone age meets the modern world and those older people in the industry and even some young who grew up in and around the industry really struggle to understand the majority looking in from the outside, I’ve seen quite a few defend it and they really believe it’s almost a kindness , saying these animals wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for stuff like dressage ect , one even felt that her doing what she did was saving the horse from the knackers yard as the owners would get rid if it was seen as no good for the sport , maybe it’s mental conditioning 🤷🏻‍♂️,

I get some horse racing to a point as horses do love to run and race each other in the wild but even that sport needs real looking at but dressage is really forcing the animals to do something that is very far from natural to them 

On 24/07/2024 at 20:01, RoyMac5 said:

Your knowledge of dressage is a little off, it was Denmark not the Dutch. 😄 

The person blowing the whistle was understandably scared of being seen as a whistleblower.

"However, Wensing said it was the recent removal of a rider from the Denmark dressage team that encouraged his client to report Dujardin.

Earlier this month Danish TV station TV2 reported, external that Denmark's reserve rider Carina Cassoe Kruth had been replaced in the Paris squad on the eve of the team announcement after a controversial training video was sent to the Danish Riding Association.

Kruth told TV2 she "deeply regretted" her "clear error".

"Because of the Olympics, [the whistleblower] was thinking if I don't do anything now [Dujardin] will probably win medals," Wensing said.

"On the other hand, people are thinking wrong that she could have done this during the Olympics, and that would destroy the whole British team.

"Now the team can organise themselves and use the alternate. It's not like the whole British dressage team has gone now. There could be a worse timing."

I think you've misread the report you posted. It seems like the reporting of the Danish rider for a similar training incident that was videod prompted the person who had the Dujardin video to engage a Dutch lawyer to report it. I couldn't see any suggestion that the Dujardin whistleblower was Danish?

59 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think you've misread the report you posted. It seems like the reporting of the Danish rider for a similar training incident that was videod prompted the person who had the Dujardin video to engage a Dutch lawyer to report it. I couldn't see any suggestion that the Dujardin whistleblower was Danish?

The UK whistleblower saw the Danish report and although previously had been worried about being the negative repercussions of being a 'whistleblower' then decided that it was now or never to report Dujardin. What have I misread?

Edited by RoyMac5

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The UK whistleblower saw the Danish report and although previously had been worried about being the negative repercussions of being a 'whistleblower' then decided that it was now or never to report Dujardin. What have I misread?

Well, you said "it was Denmark, not the Dutch" (who reported her) but as your post above confirmed, the Danes didn't report her, they just had a similar incident which the whistleblower heard about and realised they'd witnessed Dujardin also mistreating a horse. As the lawyer who raised the issue was Dutch, I thought it was reasonable to assume that the whistleblower was from the Netherlands (Dujardin trained horses and riders from outside the UK too).

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Well, you said "it was Denmark, not the Dutch" (who reported her) but as your post above confirmed, the Danes didn't report her, they just had a similar incident which the whistleblower heard about and realised they'd witnessed Dujardin also mistreating a horse. As the lawyer who raised the issue was Dutch, I thought it was reasonable to assume that the whistleblower was from the Netherlands (Dujardin trained horses and riders from outside the UK too).

Well you said:

On 24/07/2024 at 18:05, Crewton said:

Uncanny timing though from the Dutch, what with the Olympics being a week away.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well you said:

Yes, I read the quote from the Dutch lawyer that you posted, which is an explanation of the timing, though it doesn't explain your original reply which said "it was Denmark, not the Dutch" (who leaked the video)?