Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is he doing the stats as well then? 

Here's what was known about Poom.

image.thumb.png.306119aecb16be6dcf400aacf7c3435f.png

Loving all these comments from posters who also have no idea who this bloke is unless of course they follow him on Insta! 😄

I'm sorry, but I'm not grasping your point. You wouldn't have had the same concerns given the sample size of four second-tier games in this country? As far as I can see the biggest difference is that Poom was somewhat established internationally with around 40 appearances for Estonia.

Warne won't be doing the stats - it's very clear his bigger focus is who the player is as a person - but I'm sure he won't have purely gone 'HE'S 6 FOOT 6 LETS SIGN HIM!!'

Edited by Animal is a Ram

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not grasping your point. You wouldn't have had the same concerns given the sample size of four second-tier games in this country?

Warne won't be doing the stats - it's very clear his bigger focus is who the player is as a person - but I'm sure he won't have purely gone 'HE'S 6 FOOT 6 LETS SIGN HIM!!'

Okay it's wrong of me to ask what is known about this keeper that might make him worth £1.4m. 👍

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Now THIS is wumming. I said in my original reply I get the concerns, just wanted you to elaborate further - no need for the passive-aggressive response like this. 

How can I elaborate further than 'does anyone know anything about this bloke that makes him worth £1.4m'

But this from you isn't wumming?

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You know no more than I do why the need to comment to say basically 'Warne likes him'.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How can I elaborate further than 'does anyone know anything about this bloke that makes him worth £1.4m'

But this from you isn't wumming?

You know no more than I do why the need to comment to say basically 'Warne likes him'.

I put this as a response to you seemingly focusing on his height as the prime motivator to sign him, as you repeatedly made reference to it.

I'm more than happy for you to report my post if you think I'm wumming 👍 I'll be treated the same even though I'm a mod.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I put this as a response to you seemingly focusing on his height as the prime motivator to sign him, as you repeatedly made reference to it.

I'm more than happy for you to report my post if you think I'm wumming 👍 I'll be treated the same even though I'm a mod.

I asked the question "...What makes this keeper better than any other 6' 6" keeper, he's never played English football and he's 26?" You are the one focusing on it. 

What makes him better and worth a big fee? Has anyone seen him play?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I asked the question "...What makes this keeper better than any other 6' 6" keeper, he's never played English football and he's 26?" You are the one focusing on it. 

I believe earlier in this thread or in the rumours thread a couple of posters who follow Swedish football shared some thoughts on him as a player, can’t remember exactly what was said though. 

Personally I only know the superficial information that’s out there, in that he’s first choice for one of the bigger clubs in Sweden, Wolves were scouting him, he has been in the Swedish national squad a handful of times playing one half of an international friendly, is 6 foot 6, wears a helmet like Cech, has an exotic foreign name, and as such I believe he will be the best signing we ever make! 😁 

Hopefully Warne and the relevant staff at the club have done their homework enough to convince Clowes and Pearce to sanction the move for good reasons and we’ll all get to see what those reasons are in time. 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Other than the odd one or two Swedish posters on this forum, I think it's pretty unlikely anyone on here has watched him play enough to be able to answer your question. 

Obviously there's reports and articles we can all read that talk about him, the occasional video, but none of us on here really know.

So it therefore comes down to how much you trust the recruitment team and Warne.

I would say on this point: Rotherham fans seem to think they've done very well with keepers over the years. Rodak, Iversen, Vickers, Johansson etc...and that's all on Warne.

So I would say, based on past performance, Warne has a pretty good eye for a keeper.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I would say on this point: Rotherham fans seem to think they've done very well with keepers over the years. Rodak, Iversen, Vickers, Johansson etc...and that's all on Warne.

So I would say, based on past performance, Warne has a pretty good eye for a keeper.

Well that's a point well made. 👍

Leigh Curtis released an article about him there which states the Djurgarden chief executive expects JWZ to play on Thursday and Sunday and then join us. So you’d imagine he’ll fly over to Derby on Monday/Tuesday with every pre agreed etc. So won’t start v Blackburn I wouldn’t say. 

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You referred to his height in another thread, and made a comment about paying by the inch.

Again, I initially defended you saying they are valid concerns.

The club, and ultimately Warne, have decided he's worth it - and I would imagine they have indeed seen him play. He's also trusted by his current manager.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You referred to his height in another thread, and made a comment about paying by the inch.

Again, I initially defended you saying they are valid concerns.

The club, and ultimately Warne, have decided he's worth it - and I would imagine they have indeed seen him play. He's also trusted by his current manager.

It was a joke. His height is about the only thing well known. That and his hat!

@Nuwtfly made an interesting point if you're interested.

Edited by RoyMac5

21 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Leigh Curtis released an article about him there which states the Djurgarden chief executive expects JWZ to play on Thursday and Sunday and then join us. So you’d imagine he’ll fly over to Derby on Monday/Tuesday with every pre agreed etc. So won’t start v Blackburn I wouldn’t say. 

Looking forward to hearing what has been going on with this. Whilst I understand their insistence on him playing in their Europa games cos they cannot register another keeper for those games, their manager thinking he plays for them on Sunday to in the league is crazy.

We have agreed everything, hes coming over for a medical. Why on earth would we let him play in the league game?

They had 2 keepers on the bench the last game!!!

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Looking forward to hearing what has been going on with this. Whilst I understand their insistence on him playing in their Europa games cos they cannot register another keeper for those games, their manager thinking he plays for them on Sunday to in the league is crazy.

We have agreed everything, hes coming over for a medical. Why on earth would we let him play in the league game?

They had 2 keepers on the bench the last game!!!

I presume that nothing is fully signed and what's another game? Seems odd but maybe they wouldn't budge?