Sayings from popular culture that you have taken on....

7 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

“Another baked parsnip, vicar?” said when someone has farted. But for the life of me I can’t remember where it came from.

Well, it wasn't me!  

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

"That's you, that is." or somesuch variation, from Baddiel & Newman's sketch History Today

You see that Bella Emberg... that's your girlfriend ....

On 25/06/2024 at 06:59, Bob The Badger said:

School boy error.

Python did it for I *think* a live show, maybe Hollywood Bowl?

But the original sketch was pre-Python with Marty Feldman, our own Tim Brooke-Taylor, Chapman & Cleese. 

Indeed - At Last The 1948 Show.

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Thrghhghhghhpwt - That's your swimming pool, that is.

I was walking down a quiet Croatian hill with my wife. A very old woman was walking towards us, pushing a bike up the steep hill.

I smiled at her as I stopped to let her pass and she smiled back a big toothless grin. Calling her a crone would not have been unfair.

A few steps past her, Mrs Badger turned and looked at me and said, 'See that old woman? She's your bird, she is. She's your best bird. You wished you'd married her, you do"

Fortunately, later that day, we saw two old men, one of whom had a ridiculous comb-over and the other was grossly overweight, sat playing my cards. So I responded. 'Oh look, your best ever threesome is here, the one you said you would play your hall pass for'

I'm fairly sure if you'd have told me 30 years ago, they'd be the kind of conversations I'd be having and laughing at in my 60s, I'd have been slightly surprised. 

Whenever something breaks in our house or is poor quality we say, 'Value for money from Czechoslovakia ladies and gentlemen'

I think it came from the ventriloquist character played by John Thompson on the Alan Partridge Show. He was terrible, and the show was going wrong. I think the puppet called Cheeky Monkey has his head fell off, and he said that.

But I could be mixing up two characters and it could have been Paul Calf who said it.