Controversial non football views unchallenged - No Politics etc

Posted (edited)

Not unrelated to @RadioactiveWaste's point above

People who work for the council in boring jobs like planning are (more often that not) by definition lazy, unimaginative and not especially bright. If they were any or all of those things - they'd be able to get better jobs than working for the council

Edited by Stive Pesley

The financial monetary system we live in is one big ponzi scheme that will implode eventually (see 2008) 

Great Britain is no longer great and i genuinely worry about what it will be like for my kids when theyre my age

Paul warne knows what hes doing, playoff  rams in 3 seasons (maybe 2)if we give him that long.

flavoured chocolate sucks and is the work of the devil.

pimms is lush… just no need for all the fruit and stuff with it 

Rising real terms house and rental prices will prove to have truly disastrous consequences in the medium to long term on all elements of UK society and economy.

Too many people in the UK lack the ambition and imagination of what our country could be in the future and just moan about change and look to the past.

23 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Inspired by the derbys a poo hole thread,

Town planning is in no small part responsible for the state of many of our towns and cities.

Misguided, easily persuaded by promises of investment, trend following, lack of understanding, poor policy decisions etc etc.

Most of it not intended malevolently but short sighted and missing the point a huge amount of the time.

I'm no libertarian let the market decide guide and I actually think planning is needed, I just lament the quality it has had in the UK over the last 60 years.

I totally agree. This brilliant programme, about a few streets in Deptford, south London, close to where I lived for a few years, shows how corrupt and power-crazed post-war planners could be.

McDonald's banana milkshake is the best drink in the world.

All 'influencers' prey on the weak and needy - they are lazy and should get a proper job.

Anyone wearing sunglasses indoors should be ridiculed.

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

I totally agree. This brilliant programme, about a few streets in Deptford, south London, close to where I lived for a few years, shows how corrupt and power-crazed post-war planners could be.

Good viewing that 👍

Social genocide, Move the poor out and stick em in large tower blocks, Build them as high as possible to get more families in, The space created we can build roads, Better housing for those who can afford this.

Today it's called gentrification, Buy out those who bought years ago and didn't improve the housing stock, Rip the guts out, Put some shiny gear in and those who can afford London prices move in.

I had a mooch up Chadd a few weeks back to where I used to live...near Trenton Green, It's gone down hill faster than an 80 year old man in hospital with lard on his back.