24/25 Sky TV Coverage

40 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Already ruining away fans travel plans.

Ah well, it's only Boro fans. 

If they've already made plans then they are even more stupid than I thought they were. It has been well published that ALL rescheduled games up to the end of September would be made public by tomorrow at the latest. October, November, December will be published before the opening weekend of the season. By November 1st, we'll know all TV games up to and including the first week of March. We all know there will be 5 of the 12 games rescheduled every Saturday of the season. Planning this early really is stupid, even if you are stupid enough to support Boro...

I have to laugh at some of the uproar on social media. 

Its been well publicised about the deal and the fact that at least half the matches will be on sky and therefore at an inconvenient time.

Whether its right or not is a different debate, but no point crying over spilt milk, it is what it is.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

If they've already made plans then they are even more stupid than I thought they were. It has been well published that ALL rescheduled games up to the end of September would be made public by tomorrow at the latest. October, November, December will be published before the opening weekend of the season. By November 1st, we'll know all TV games up to and including the first week of March. We all know there will be 5 of the 12 games rescheduled every Saturday of the season. Planning this early really is stupid, even if you are stupid enough to support Boro...

twas but a joke.

Also, that was supposed to be the case last season as well, but Sky missed the deadline on multiple occasions. 

18 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

twas but a joke.

Also, that was supposed to be the case last season as well, but Sky missed the deadline on multiple occasions. 

Thought it was just 4 weeks last season.

I am glad I retired from work as my season ticket wouldn’t get used if most of these home games are appearing to be 12-30 kick offs which I simply wouldn’t have been able to do - I also don’t like them as I traditionally want them to be 3-00 pm 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It was, but this was missed multiple times, so I don't hold much faith it won't happen again.

I flew back for 8 home games last season and didn't fall foul of Sky changing games at the last minute.

Edited by MadAmster

On 03/07/2024 at 13:00, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I'm afraid I'm one of these. I buy tickets match-by-match as I can't get to midweek games very often and can't make many early or late season games due to commitments.

I didn't feel as bad in previous years as I always bought the Rams tv match pass for the midweek games and I felt like the club were getting something from me, as opposed to nothing.

However, I don't think the club will be making as much with people having to go through Sky for these now. I may be wrong, but I don't see how the tv money will make up for the match tickets and £10 match passes the club will now miss out on.

Sky are paying, from memory, either £8m or £9m for the rights to show DCFC each year.  This actually exceeds ground receipts of the last season gone.  However, there is no VAT on the TV rights (as it is charged by EFL and Sky reclaim from HMRC).

DCFC income does  not change whether or not you subscribe, unlike with a Rams TV pass, but the level of income they receive will be as many many many times more for the rights deal. Hence why it was agreed by all the clubs -the numbers are too good to turn down, even if it creates some fan issues. 

• 4 weeks later...

New batch of Sky picks just dropped, assuming the weekend games would have been 3pm KOs.

Stoke City (A) - Saturday 2nd November - 12:30pm - earlier KO
Swansea City (H) - Wednesday 27th November 2024 - 8pm - no change
Sheffield Wednesday (H) - Sunday 1st December 2024 - 3pm - moved back 24hrs
Leeds United (A) - Saturday 7th December 2024 - 12:30pm - earlier KO
Portsmouth (H) - Friday 13th December 2024 - 8pm - moved forward 24hrs, poor Portsmouth fans
Luton Town (A) - Friday 20th December 2024 - 8pm - moved forward 24hrs, poor Derby fans
West Bromwich Albion (A) - Thursday 26th December 2024 - 5:30pm - later KO
Leeds United (H) - Sunday 29th December 2024 - 5:45pm - later KO

Edited by Animal is a Ram

3 minutes ago, WorcestershireRam said:

I have just had a Quick Look and it seems there are 5. 

To be fair. Before the TV changes we only had 8.

Boro been moved to 1230

Portsmouth moved to a Friday night.

Sheff Weds been moved to 12:30