Pre season

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember when I used to think Chesterfield was a nice posh Derbyshire village before i actually visited...when I got there the first time I thought I'd arrived in Chernobyl that had just been bombed by the Luftwafe.

Can't decide which is worse though, chesterfield or Mansfield?

deliverance GIF Mansfield definitely 

5 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Don't let them hear that. They don't take criticism well and have the arrogance of a top 6 premier league team to go with it. A large part of their fanbase is of the belief that because they beat Portsmouth 1 nil (thanks to the Pompey keeper messing up) and beat Leyton Orient by the same score (thanks to a spectacular own goal), they would have been the best team in L1 last year. 😂

Of course we have to remember that they are a better team than us as they beat Matlock Town 9 nil (against a team of triallists) last year and we only won 2 nil according to their own forum.

You seem a bit bitter. As a Matlock fan I'm afraid I'll have to correct you on your last paragraph as Matlock fielded their strongest team for the majority of the game. Mind you I don't mind getting humped by either Derby or Chesterfield as long as there are full houses for both. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember when I used to think Chesterfield was a nice posh Derbyshire village before i actually visited...when I got there the first time I thought I'd arrived in Chernobyl that had just been bombed by the Luftwafe.

Hope you will be attending the Chesterfield Cricket Festival at the beautiful Queens Park next week to watch Derbyshire thump Yorkshire for the seventh time in a row

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Interesting spire though.

12 hours ago, dlb said:

You seem a bit bitter. As a Matlock fan I'm afraid I'll have to correct you on your last paragraph as Matlock fielded their strongest team for the majority of the game. Mind you I don't mind getting humped by either Derby or Chesterfield as long as there are full houses for both. 

If I’m being honest i do follow Matlock, but pay little attention to their pre season games as I see it as a way of squad building at that level. This information about the triallists came from someone who I go to Matlock games with every now and then, when I was talking about how what happened last year.

the bitterness that you mentioned comes from the arrogance of their fan base and the way they seem to belittle non league sides until it suits them. Personally, I’d say it’s more frustration than bitterness. One of my biggest frustrations came with cfc’s attitude to the FA trophy. Some of my favourite games watching Matlock came in the Trophy against Mansfield and then hosting Luton one season and my Dad still talks about seeing them beat Scarborough at Wembley as a child. Seeing chesterfield forfeit games in it and then not let sides like Welling have their glory after progressing last season irritates me.

However, it should retract my last comment on the original post then as I was factual incorrect.

16 hours ago, Derby65 said:

Anybody bought tickets for chesterfield? Went on chesterfield website but seems to be only selling home tickets ?

Don't go straight on to the Chesterfield website as that won't offer you away tickets. Go on the DCFC website and click on the link to Chesterfield away tickets. That will take you to Ticketmaster and offer you away tickets, Even if you purchased tickets there last season you have to re-register. The process is very simple with the option for print at home/digital. I got four on one membership because that's what we needed but I think it might allow you as many as 10.

I can't get any of the links to work off the dcfc website, just get the attached. Unless we've sold out of course but I wouldn't have thought so this soon...Screenshot_20240622_133618_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ae375bf46c8b7bf513b45b81a5c721d.jpg

On 21/06/2024 at 21:07, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You're off my Christmas  card list, born in chesterfield , live in mansfield lol 😆 

32 minutes ago, Rammiesdad said:

You're off my Christmas  card list, born in chesterfield , live in mansfield lol 😆 

I go to Chesterfield fairly regularly, either to visit the John Pye and my wife loves the Tesco there 😆

Ive been to a fair few raves in Mansfield too.

I have no problem with either place, they just weren't what I was expecting.

Both footy grounds are great though 👌 

I’ll have you know that Chesterfields real claim to fame isn’t the twisted spire ( that was just a wide boy who bought allegedly seasoned timber off a dodgy bloke )

The Channel Tunnel boring machine .. It was built there; by Markham and Co. .. The  dieing embers of when we had a manufacturing industry ( or a useful pub quiz answer 🤪

11 minutes ago, jono said:

I’ll have you know that Chesterfields real claim to fame isn’t the twisted spire ( that was just a wide boy who bought allegedly seasoned timber off a dodgy bloke )

The Channel Tunnel boring machine .. It was built there; by Markham and Co. .. The  dieing embers of when we had a manufacturing industry ( or a useful pub quiz answer 🤪

I only discovered last week that one of Derby's biggest claims to fame is the hot dog was invented by someone in Derby. We are massive.

Chesterfield is nicer than Mansfield. Mansfield is a dive.