Rams TV

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Is anyone else having problems with the new "Userway" button on RamsTV videos on the DCFC website? 

It is sitting over the full screen button, no matter which way I hold the screen so I can't enlarge the video to the full window.

Given that Userway is supposed to help with accessibility I am finding it very frustrating that it is preventing me viewing videos on full screen! 

I suspect that I'm missing something obvious, so hopefully one of you can put me right.

Me too.

On 05/07/2024 at 18:21, Ravanelli said:

They took it off me every month last year including the off season. Which made it even more annoying when I had to pay for the friendlies in July. 

Same here. I didn't mind, as I could always have cancelled but I was happy to support the club.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Is anyone else having problems with the new "Userway" button on RamsTV videos on the DCFC website? 

It is sitting over the full screen button, no matter which way I hold the screen so I can't enlarge the video to the full window.

Given that Userway is supposed to help with accessibility I am finding it very frustrating that it is preventing me viewing videos on full screen! 

I suspect that I'm missing something obvious, so hopefully one of you can put me right.

I have the same problem on the website. 

Nice to see that the new app prevents the phone from locking when a video is being played. 

• 3 weeks later...

So clarify what we have this season from Rams TV then...

We aren't able to watch any live league matches in the UK and cup matches won't be broadcast anywhere.

There is no international streaming of games shown in a specific country. So as Sky doesn't broadcast in Spain for example would it be safe to assume that any ex-pats over there would still have 46 game coverage through Rams TV?

Does Sky have complete dominion over the Championship now or could the likes of ESPN, Amazon or DirecTV also restrict where things are viewable?

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

We aren't able to watch any live league matches in the UK and cup matches won't be broadcast anywhere.

There is no international streaming of games shown in a specific country. So as Sky doesn't broadcast in Spain for example would it be safe to assume that any ex-pats over there would still have 46 game coverage through Rams TV?

Does Sky have complete dominion over the Championship now or could the likes of ESPN, Amazon or DirecTV also restrict where things are viewable?

If you look on the fixtures on the main website, they do give an insight into what games are viewable via RamsTV:

image.thumb.png.a52275901e0562c934fc146e05f425e2.png

No idea what 'unsold markets' mean, though? 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If you look on the fixtures on the main website, they do give an insight into what games are viewable via RamsTV:

Unsold markets must mean countries that don't entertain Sky Sports I would imagine.

2024/25 apparently not announced yet - but last they were

American Samoa, Andorra, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, East Timor, Faroe Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Gibraltar, Guam, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Tyrol, St Pierre & Miquelon, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, US Virgin Islands, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis & Futuna, Western Samoa.

52 minutes ago, Quagga said:

2024/25 apparently not announced yet - but last they were

American Samoa, Andorra, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, East Timor, Faroe Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Gibraltar, Guam, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Tyrol, St Pierre & Miquelon, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, US Virgin Islands, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis & Futuna, Western Samoa.

I presume that these are the countries that weren't able to watch Sky games last year? Spain isn't on that list and all the league games were available.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Unsold markets must mean countries that don't entertain Sky Sports I would imagine.

https://ramstv.dcfc.co.uk/videos/faqs

Domestic (UK, Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man) - no longer available
Overseas/International - fixtures not shown by Sky
Unsold - For when game has been selected for live broadcast. List to be disclosed before the season starts. Previously known as the 'dark market regions'. The list of countries varies slightly each season

Edited by Ghost of Clough

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

https://ramstv.dcfc.co.uk/videos/faqs

Domestic (UK, Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man) - no longer available
Overseas/International - fixtures not shown by Sky
Unsold - For when game has been selected for live broadcast. List to be disclosed before the season starts. Previously known as the 'dark market regions'. The list of countries varies slightly each season

A few years ago DAZN had the rights to games shown by Sky. They only broadcast about one in three of them. That meant that you had to pay the subscription to DAZN as well as RamsTV, and still didn't get to see all the games 🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Sky Deutschland are only showing the Premier League, not the lower leagues. Apparently Sportdigital and DAZN also have the rights to the Championship in Germany according to the EFL website, but I have looked and they don't seem to be streaming any games live. So I should hopefully be alright here in Germany.

I wouldn't give Rupert Murdoch the steam off my pee, and I refuse to buy anything from Sky.

Sky are going to want bang for buck and restricting VPN usage will help.  

7 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Sky Deutschland are only showing the Premier League, not the lower leagues. Apparently Sportdigital and DAZN also have the rights to the Championship in Germany according to the EFL website, but I have looked and they don't seem to be streaming any games live. So I should hopefully be alright here in Germany.

I wouldn't give Rupert Murdoch the steam off my pee, and I refuse to buy anything from Sky.

Murdoch has nothing to do do with Sky and hasn't for nearly a decade.  He doesn't own a single share as far as I'm aware; it is wholly owned by US listed company Comcast.  He sold up when the government blocked his takeover attempt.

18 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know what unsold markets means, but isn't this the same as last season in that if it was live on Sky then certain countries showing the game couldn't watch via RamsTV either? The only two games on the list market as unsold markets are the Sky live games.

I seem to remember being in Spain and not being able to use RamsTV because it was either live on Sky or being broadcast at the time in Spain. Which was ironic because I had to use a "special airlines pass" to fly to another territory to watch the game even though I was already overseas.

11 minutes ago, Ravanelli said:

I don't know what unsold markets means, but isn't this the same as last season in that if it was live on Sky then certain countries showing the game couldn't watch via RamsTV either? The only two games on the list market as unsold markets are the Sky live games.

I seem to remember being in Spain and not being able to use RamsTV because it was either live on Sky or being broadcast at the time in Spain. Which was ironic because I had to use a "special airlines pass" to fly to another territory to watch the game even though I was already overseas.

As far as I can remember all the league games were available to watch on RamsTV here in Spain last year.

Unsold Markets. Those are countries where no broadcaster has paid for broadcasting rights in that country. Here in the Netherlands Ziggo have bought the rights to the EFL. What it boils down to is that if a match is being shown internationally by any of the rights owners then RamsTV is only available in "unsold markets". That means that if, for instance, a Rams game is being shown in Australia and Ziggo aren't showing it here in the Netherlands, I still can't watch the game live on RamsTV.

This has been the case for ages. I did have an exchange of emails with both DCFC and the EFL a couple of years back asking why it is that way. Both replied saying "because it's in the contracts". I pointed out, to both, that if Ziggo weren't broadcasting the game then nobody's rights would be breached if RamsTV then made it available in NL. I also contacted Ziggo for their opinion and they said that they did, indeed, have the rights and would have no problems with RamsTV making games available in NL when they themselves were not broadcasting it. That didn't stir any action at the club or the EFL because "it's in the contract". I then asked why is it in the contract as it's nonsensical.... got no reply.

A little bird has told me that changes to things at DCFC have resulted in "quick trips abroad to one of the unsold markets" no longer being of use to those wishing to see games. 

"Stick" or twist 😉