David Clowes

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Took me 3 attempts.

Expand to full screen.

On 0:04, he's hiding behind his mate's black gloves/phone at the very bottom centre of the screen.
On 0:30, his mate has put his 'phone down, and you get a full side view as he joins in the "Derby, Derby".  Bottom right corner of the screen.  

Thank you. I will try again 🙂

On 01/07/2024 at 09:56, Animal is a Ram said:

Happy St. Clowes Day, to all who celebrate.

There really should be a campaign to have him knighted, if not beautified. 

On 01/07/2024 at 19:03, jimtastic56 said:

None of us should be in any doubt now - No Clowes= No DCFC . Buying the ground for £25 mill was a sound business purchase , with a rent of £1 mill a year coming in . But the price for DCFC of £25 mill looked cheap to us fans . But remember not another soul was prepared to pay that price .

The purchase price was basically the debt.  The club was effectively worthless as the debt was going to sink us.  He stood in to pay (most) of the debt.  

When you are in administration, the priority of management (i.e. Quantum) is to protect creditors.  By doing that he allowed us to live on.  Most owners buy the club, but do so by effectively putting the loan back onto the club (as leveraged debt).  Clearly, this wasn't an option so the purchase was with readies and needed to be done quickly.  

In reality, he overpaid massively.

• 3 weeks later...

Just reviving this thread, with the forum all positive given the quality and style of signings so far, as a thank you to DC for again digging deep for the club he loves. I wasn't sure he'd be able to take us forward, having spent so much to save us, but it seems there's a genuine strategy in place, with the finances to back it up.

We've a really top owner.