Pompey Fan in peace. How many are coming to Fratton Park in April?

Great result for both of us today. You guys deserve to go up with such amazing support. I honestly can’t wait until we meet in April. The atmosphere is going to be electric with our fans on good form and yours as well who never disappoint. I think we both go up in the automatic promotion places it’s now down to who wins the league. We are blighted by injuries at the moment so I’m nervous for our match and if we play like we did today we could be facing a drubbing. 

I’m from Pompey originally but live in the midlands now so I’m pissed by the change to an evening game like I imagine many here are as well. Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

24 minutes ago, Sam_Brown said:

Great result for both of us today. You guys deserve to go up with such amazing support. I honestly can’t wait until we meet in April. The atmosphere is going to be electric with our fans on good form and yours as well who never disappoint. I think we both go up in the automatic promotion places it’s now down to who wins the league. We are blighted by injuries at the moment so I’m nervous for our match and if we play like we did today we could be facing a drubbing. 

I’m from Pompey originally but live in the midlands now so I’m pissed by the change to an evening game like I imagine many here are as well. Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

2,196 is the answer.

Thats the allocation we’ve been given.

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As to your question on how many Derby fans will be going to Fratton Park. The answer, as many as Portsmouth will allow. Unfortunately the number of tickets available to us isn't that large.

Considering Portsmouth sold out the rest of the ground some while ago I think it’s a  very good allocation, they could easily have given us less and sold them to home fans.

20 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As to your question on how many Derby fans will be going to Fratton Park. The answer, as many as Portsmouth will allow. Unfortunately the number of tickets available to us isn't that large.

Ah. Yes. Fratton Park is only just shy of 21k. We have a very loyal fan base and as you’d expect tickets go fast. As someone who doesn’t live down south anymore even I struggle to get tickets at the moment. You guys have great support so it’s a shame more couldn’t come but I’m sure you’ll be more than a match when it comes to volume levels! Even though I’m nervous about our game I’m looking forward to the atmosphere. 

I am with you though on away ticket issues. One of my frustrations this season is being unable to get away tickets due to uptake and as I’m not in Portsmouth I don’t have a season ticket.

If we do go up one of my biggest pluses is the ability to go to bigger grounds where hopefully more away tickets will be available. We took 4K to London Road today and could have sold more. You’d have thought we were the home team!

I’ve never been to Pride Park before but looks like a fantastic stadium and atmosphere based on what I saw from your game vs Bolton today. Derby is pretty much a “home game” for me being up this end so hopefully we both get to go up and I get to visit your ground as it’s one I’ve wanted to for a while. 

2 hours ago, Sam_Brown said:

I'm from the midlands but live in Hampshire so I'm hoping to go.

Cos I love queuing over the bridge to get back into fratton station.....

My South Coast fellow ram from near Brighton way is thinking of making the trip as well 👍

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm from the midlands but live in Hampshire so I'm hoping to go.

Cos I love queuing over the bridge to get back into fratton station.....

My South Coast fellow ram from near Brighton way is thinking of making the trip as well 👍

That siding bridge is one of the reasons we can’t expand the capacity of the stadium! Apparently any additional capacity needs to include provisions for better links to the train station. That and a huge ass electrical substation right next to where any expansion would go that needs shifting as well to the tune of millions. 

Just now, Sam_Brown said:

That siding bridge is one of the reasons we can’t expand the capacity of the stadium! Apparently any additional capacity needs to include provisions for better links to the train station. That and a huge ass electrical substation right next to where any expansion would go that needs shifting as well to the tune of millions. 

Yes it's a proper old school stadium which is constrained by its surroundings.

It's amazing how much land is owned by railway companies and seemingly underused. My local station (Eastleigh) has massive sidings that seem largely derelict.

4 hours ago, Sam_Brown said:

Ah. Yes. Fratton Park is only just shy of 21k. We have a very loyal fan base and as you’d expect tickets go fast. As someone who doesn’t live down south anymore even I struggle to get tickets at the moment. You guys have great support so it’s a shame more couldn’t come but I’m sure you’ll be more than a match when it comes to volume levels! Even though I’m nervous about our game I’m looking forward to the atmosphere. 

I am with you though on away ticket issues. One of my frustrations this season is being unable to get away tickets due to uptake and as I’m not in Portsmouth I don’t have a season ticket.

If we do go up one of my biggest pluses is the ability to go to bigger grounds where hopefully more away tickets will be available. We took 4K to London Road today and could have sold more. You’d have thought we were the home team!

I’ve never been to Pride Park before but looks like a fantastic stadium and atmosphere based on what I saw from your game vs Bolton today. Derby is pretty much a “home game” for me being up this end so hopefully we both get to go up and I get to visit your ground as it’s one I’ve wanted to for a while. 

I hope to be making the trip (I have my tickets). I’m a wheelchair user and I’m really looking forward to trying out the new wheelchair facilities (platform) in the away end! On previous visits I had to sit behind the opposite goal with the home fans which was quite isolating as we were so far away from the away support (I actually decided not to attend last season because of that).

6 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

I hope to be making the trip (I have my tickets). I’m a wheelchair user and I’m really looking forward to trying out the new wheelchair facilities (platform) in the away end! On previous visits I had to sit behind the opposite goal with the home fans which was quite isolating as we were so far away from the away support (I actually decided not to attend last season because of that).

My mum was a wheelchair user. The amount of times she had to sit not only away from the Derby fans, but also away from the rest of the family was rubbish. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir though!

Good on Pompey for letting you sit where you should be.

Am i right in remembering last time pompy ere promoted to the prem they had to improve the weather protection of the away stand as a ground requirement, and, the architects were told to make sure it didn't improve "too much"? <might be misremembering that part>

11 hours ago, Sam_Brown said:

I’ve just posted elsewhere in this forum, but this is why I think football fans should be campaigning to allow proper terracing back. Would increase the capacity for you (and other stadiums), would make sense in my opinion to allow one stand, behind a goal (?) for this at most grounds.

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

I’ve just posted elsewhere in this forum, but this is why I think football fans should be campaigning to allow proper terracing back. Would increase the capacity for you (and other stadiums), would make sense in my opinion to allow one stand, behind a goal (?) for this at most grounds.

Any such campaigning would be a waste of time and energy. It’s not going to happen anytime soon.

Whilst still not ideal, the only half baked solution I can think of is to a) extend safe standing to more areas of the ground (including areas available to non season ticket holders) and b) enforce sitting down in none safe seating areas. Good luck to the stewards on the second point especially at away games.

14 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

My mum was a wheelchair user. The amount of times she had to sit not only away from the Derby fans, but also away from the rest of the family was rubbish. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir though!

Good on Pompey for letting you sit where you should be.

Things are gradually improving regarding facilities at away grounds but some clubs still have a way to go. Some stadiums we still have to sit with opposition fans (Villa, Ipswich, Port Vale, Forest Green).

I avoid going to Charlton in particular as you can’t see the near penalty area when everyone else in front of you is standing. Charlton know about the issues but seemingly refuse to do anything about it.

Going to Forest also isn’t a nice experience for disabled fans as we have go through the home concourse to get to the away end. I probably wouldn’t go if it wasn’t our derby.

Edited by Will the Ram