Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Fair enough, but it could have been on someone’s phone or computer. Scouts maybe.

@SECornerRAM is probably reading this and chuckling to himself 😂

He did also say he was literally in the building…

I’m hoping it’s that he’s been going in dressed as the tea lady and sneaking into Warne’s office.

54 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

As this is the suggestions thread I'd love if we followed my FM philosophy...

Core of permanent solid hardworking players, mix of flair loans for wings/attacking positions. I often draw myself to players like Kayky at Man City and Shoretire at Man Utd. I can't think they would be crazily out of our market either. Parrott would fit into that philosophy too 🎓

Shoretire is a free agent isn’t he? Could be worth him taking one step back into the champ for first team football to help his career progress 

33 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He did also say he was literally in the building…

I’m hoping it’s that he’s been going in dressed as the tea lady and sneaking into Warne’s office.

I've had jobs where I've been in the Lincoln training ground. It was brand new about 5 years ago but compared to Moor Farm is very low quality. The gym is multifunctional space and used as a meeting room on occasion, as it's just a regular room with handful of machines like a hotel gym. There's a few changing rooms then 3 pitches. That's it. 

As it's so small, if you're on site you hear and see everything. Nothing is hidden as there's nowhere to hide it with notice boards up around the place.

At Moor Farm is obviously a much bigger operation but still I can see areas where getting information would be pretty straight forward if you're on site. 

23 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I've had jobs where I've been in the Lincoln training ground. It was brand new about 5 years ago but compared to Moor Farm is very low quality. The gym is multifunctional space and used as a meeting room on occasion, as it's just a regular room with handful of machines like a hotel gym. There's a few changing rooms then 3 pitches. That's it. 

As it's so small, if you're on site you hear and see everything. Nothing is hidden as there's nowhere to hide it with notice boards up around the place.

At Moor Farm is obviously a much bigger operation but still I can see areas where getting information would be pretty straight forward if you're on site. 

Whilst all that might be true, if you're an employee or subcontractor to DCFC, surely you value your job over posting stuff on the internet? 

I've always thought it's the mates of those people, rather than the people themselves who are the itks?

51 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Shoretire is a free agent isn’t he? Could be worth him taking one step back into the champ for first team football to help his career progress 

Would be all over that if so! Can't go far wrong with a 20 year old Man Utd previous "wonderkid" on a free. According to Wikipedia they were trying to extend his contract, maybe he's looking for first team football?

30 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Would be all over that if so! Can't go far wrong with a 20 year old Man Utd previous "wonderkid" on a free. According to Wikipedia they were trying to extend his contract, maybe he's looking for first team football?

News towards the end of June was that he was likely to leave, however given they did offer a contract extension I guess compensation would be due and he’s probably in demand by clubs currently in a stronger negotiating position than we are. As much as I love the game, it’s real life not FM 😭 ;

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Birmingham going in for Harrison Burrows. 

Personally think we should be all over someone like that. 22 years old with massive potential. 

He's agreed a move to Sheff United but the takeover is holding it up.

Peterborough chairman has said 3 champ clubs and 1 big league one club have bid (obviously Birmingham)

Any idea of the fee? He'd be perfect for us.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Any idea of the fee? He'd be perfect for us.

Not sure mate. Peterborough are notorious for getting good money.

Despite the fact that he has a year left, it will be north of a million.

He has been with them since he was 9, so they will be quite relaxed about his contract running out as they will get a good fee at a tribunal next season.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He has been with them since he was 9, so they will be quite relaxed about his contract running out as they will get a good fee at a tribunal next season.

I’d go for him it’s a no brainer. Fozzy age and Elder, well you can’t rely on him with his injury history. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I would think it'll be in the £2m range given his age and experience. The only mitigation is that it's pretty much all been at L1 level.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Whilst all that might be true, if you're an employee or subcontractor to DCFC, surely you value your job over posting stuff on the internet? 

I've always thought it's the mates of those people, rather than the people themselves who are the itks?

Probably starts with, I shouldn’t really be telling you this but…. 😂

27 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

3 million for Burrows and Ricky Jade Jones is what I have heard.