3-5-2

BatRam

Warne finally got a win with his favoured 3-5-2. I dont know if it’s just Charlton weren’t brilliant or we actually looked alrate 😂 Sibley looked decent in a lwb/Lm position , ward looked decent on set pieces and crosses, Bradley finally had a good game 🤣 new lad smith looked good , and got stuck into everything 

The problem however we set upm was always a midfield lacking in bite or the ability to do the gritty stuff properly. 

Bird and Hourihane are just not those types of player and need someone in there doing the 'grunt work' to be at their best. 

They had that yesterday and we immediately looked more solid across the pitch.

Whatever formation we play having round pegs in round holes is crucial for it to work.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The problem however we set upm was always a midfield lacking in bite or the ability to do the gritty stuff properly. 

Bird and Hourihane are just not those types of player and need someone in there doing the 'grunt work' to be at their best. 

Whatever formation we play having round pegs in round holes is crucial for it to work.

I think warne saw qualities in fornah that made him think he could be that player and on his first few games I thought he was going to be that player , maybe he isn’t yet or perhaps doesn’t want to be that type of player and not as happy and motivated as he could be, time will tell

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This.

4-3-3 & 3-5-2 should be the go to formations going forward.

352 is needed for games when the opposition line up with 2 forwards, we have looked much better in it when we switched to it vs Cheltenham & then yesterday. If a team plays with 1 striker then it will be the usual 433/4231 

Alot of our play comes from having a spare centre back to help build from defence which is why we need 3 vs their 2 or 2 vs their 1

Edited by DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Quite an exciting prospect to be fair. Though out of Hourihane and Bird, who gets dropped to partner Adams?

In a two Hourihane cannot cover the ground anymore, think that’s been a lot more apparent as of late. I do think Bird and Adams in a two would work well. Also if we had 2 wing backs behind 2 wingers one of the wingers could tuck in and float around to create an extra option.

If Kane and NML played on the same side it would let NML drift inside and do what he wants as Kane pushes up high. Think it could be an exciting end to the season with all our players returning to fitness over the next couple of weeks. 

On 04/02/2024 at 13:17, Eoghan1884 said:

In a two Hourihane cannot cover the ground anymore, think that’s been a lot more apparent as of late. I do think Bird and Adams in a two would work well. Also if we had 2 wing backs behind 2 wingers one of the wingers could tuck in and float around to create an extra option.

If Kane and NML played on the same side it would let NML drift inside and do what he wants as Kane pushes up high. Think it could be an exciting end to the season with all our players returning to fitness over the next couple of weeks. 

Kane and mendez laing on same wing is decent. i wouldnt want to be a defender against it thats for sure. With our lack of wingers tho id rather have wilson play as a winger