Is Warne plotting a cunning plan

BaianoPOTY98

5 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Much improved away from home

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Give you that one 👏

Can you two re-post this in the other thread, so we can close the bloody thing down!
Thanks... and well done!  😁  👍

3 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Sorry to say Mucker but in doing so he’s ruined our bloody home record 😢🙈

I think the toxic nature of some of our entitled, short memoried fans has ruined the home games, and I'm sure it is evident on the pitch.....

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

I think the toxic nature of some of our entitled, short memoried fans has ruined the home games, and I'm sure it is evident on the pitch.....

I'd say that's an over exaggeration myself.

Yeah, there's certainly a lack of feel good vibes around the stadium on a matchday.  Hardly a crackle or a fizz amongst us, let alone a buzz.
But there's very little evidence of toxicity from where I sit... but I hasten to add that's in the more gentler climes of the NE corner, close to what is affectionally referred to as "The family stand", so maybe worse elsewhere? 

If I'm honest, I do think some on here are a little naïve in thinking Rams staff (Players, Coaches, even the main man himself) don't ever peruse these (and similar) publicly accessible pages.  I refuse to believe that... rightly or wrongly.  I just believe that it's human nature to be curious about what folk are saying about us, even if we'd never admit to that.
So maybe they are picking up any negative vibes from here... and other less well mannered internet sources, of course?  
I don't frequent the place myself, but I'd be astounded if there was no toxicity on Xwatter, or whatever it's called now.  🤷‍♂️

I don't think it's an in-ground-live-on-a-matchday thing though... not yet, at least!  

5 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

So the fans are to blame for the home form?  Not the guy that picks the side and decides the tactics?  

🤔

Or the players making bad decisions, missing reasonably easy chances, executing poor passes or making silly mistakes? (Obviously these things don’t happen all of the time but I’m sure they have contributed to some of the points dropped).

Our failure to be higher up the table must surely be a joint responsibility between the coaching/recruitment team and the players. The atmosphere generated by the supporters must have an effect (good or bad) but IMO is way down the list of reasons we are where we are.

On 09/10/2023 at 08:49, BaianoPOTY98 said:

For what it’s worth I agree 100% that verbal abuse is not ok. Warne does seem a genuine nice guy and I do think he’s trying his best, I just don’t think his best at this football club is good enough, I hope I’m wrong and we go on to see him start winning games consistently, but have my doubts😟

The road to Wembley can be rocky but I hope the Warne Outers don’t spoil things tonight . If we lost could the haters just leave and let those who want to applaud the players do so in a calm manner ? But we won’t lose.

I also have been a little disappointed with the home fans this season , some games can be very quiet and every little moan and groan becomes amplified , the last 2 seasons the home support has been superb let’s get back to that , I’d just like to point out that I am not blaming the fans for the results

Some of the less favourable results have been down to DCFC not performing on the day. Others caused by poor refereeing. Others by the opposition doing their job well. 

Warne can do something about some of the first sentence but not all. He can do sod all about the 2nd and 3rd sentences. 

Players having an off day is not down to PW.

45 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Some of the less favourable results have been down to DCFC not performing on the day. Others caused by poor refereeing. Others by the opposition doing their job well. 

Warne can do something about some of the first sentence but not all. He can do sod all about the 2nd and 3rd sentences. 

Players having an off day is not down to PW.

Both can be true. Cambridge, for example, we had a few chances to win and it was individual wastefulness that didn't win us the game. With that said, tactical changes and better substitutions second half, would have put us in a better situation to try and get more chances to win the game.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Both can be true. Cambridge, for example, we had a few chances to win and it was individual wastefulness that didn't win us the game. With that said, tactical changes and better substitutions second half, would have put us in a better situation to try and get more chances to win the game.

... which means it's not all PWs fault 😉

3 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

... which means it's not all PWs fault 😉

Yes and no - and I'm not having a dig at Warne, but just responding on the principle of what you and @Srg have been discussing.

Practically, it's very likely Warne hasn't been able to ship out all of the players he doesn't really want, and ship in all of the ones he does, even within limitations of finance etc. which one presumes he was aware of before he took on the role.

So there's a difference between a manager who picks a team from what he has available and a manager who has had plenty of time to bring in his own personnel (maybe Ian Evatt would be a good example at our level, although he did have to adjust for promotion to L1).

But after that, the manager is ultimately responsible for his team. If, for example, his wingers can't cross, or his centre-back can't defend, or his striker misses easy chances, how can we just say "individual mistakes"? The manager is the one who selects the individuals and so at least on some level he has misjudged the quality/reliability of the players he has selected.